Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Basically a tyrannical government starts attacking its own citizens. Would you as a military personal be able to just shoot down innocent american citizens in this scenario?
    That is not going to happen here. Odds are , some radicals would attack first what they feel is tyrannical government. More than likely be cowards and harm innocents. :P

So your scenario is not realistic for the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That is not going to happen here. Odds are , some radicals would attack first what they feel is tyrannical government. More than likely be cowards and harm innocents. :P

So your scenario is not realistic for the US.
    Neither are most posted by particular posters. But the argument seems to be and what Theo copied from (it was there own post in the thread I linked), is that whole "protect us from tyrannical government" and like you said, nah the US military would prob destroy any resistance. I posted my counter to theos argument before theo even made it with the Vietnam example and why that was different from dealing inside the US internally.

you seemed to miss the whole logistics issue. When was the last time AQ was an issue for the US?

- - - Updated - - -

So you misread my scenario? Kool.
    Since they were the reason we started this 15+ year campaign of "We can TOTALLY beat terrorism and bring peace to the land" that no one seems to want to end.

And we obviously aren't fucking great if we keep getting humiliated if we leave the country to play "Global Conflict".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Since they were the reason we started this 15+ year campaign of "We can TOTALLY beat terrorism and bring peace to the land" that no one seems to want to end.

And we obviously aren't fucking great if we keep getting humiliated if we leave the country to play "Global Conflict".
    soooo we talkin 1 group or 20 groups? 1 problem or all the worlds problems? Kinda an important factor here dexxy. Because seems to me logistics is an issue for solving the worlds problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither are most posted by particular posters. But the argument seems to be and what Theo copied from (it was there own post in the thread I linked), is that whole "protect us from tyrannical government" and like you said, nah the US military would prob destroy any resistance. I posted my counter to theos argument before theo even made it with the Vietnam example and why that was different from dealing inside the US internally.
    I agree. I do not have my firearms out of any fear of a tyrannical government here in the US. My reasons are for personal self defense of family and myself. With the possibility of maybe saving some others in rare scenarios.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. I do not have my firearms out of any fear of a tyrannical government here in the US. My reasons are for personal self defense of family and myself. With the possibility of maybe saving some others in rare scenarios.
    (starting a new argument as it seems the prior one is resolved)

So you enjoy, not the second amendment, but instead, Scalia's interpretation from later case law?

10+ Year Old Account
    (starting a new argument as it seems the prior one is resolved)

So you enjoy, not the second amendment, but instead, Scalia's interpretation from later case law?
    Well, the Supreme Courts decision allows me to exercise what I feel is the correct interpretation from the Heller case. So the only answer I need to use at this time is, my right under the Constitution to use firearms for self defense is still intact after some liberals tried to take them away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the Supreme Courts decision allows me to exercise what I feel is the correct interpretation from the Heller case. So the only answer I need to use at this time is, my right under the Constitution to use firearms for self defense is still intact after some liberals tried to take them away.
    Its not liberals who are taking it away, unless you think you cant pass a background check. Considering Trump wants to be even more hardline in some aspects, its the conservatives who want to take them away.

soooo we talkin 1 group or 20 groups? 1 problem or all the worlds problems? Kinda an important factor here dexxy. Because seems to me logistics is an issue for solving the worlds problems.
    No it isn't. That's why Hillarly Clinton thought she could push for war with Russia while Syria was still a thing and the North Korea situation was brewing. All without raising the debt.

So, logistics can't be an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it isn't. That's why Hillarly Clinton thought she could push for war with Russia while Syria was still a thing and the North Korea situation was brewing. All without raising the debt.

So, logistics can't be an issue.
    Wow, you somehow made this about Hillary. Good job Dexxy, your argument is kinda worse now.

Wow, you somehow made this about Hillary. Good job Dexxy, your argument is kinda worse now.
    Oh no. How will I live if I don't have Genns approval?

Just to make sure. The American military will lose to it's own citizens because logistics, Right? That's why multiple groups of insurgents keep springing up and we have been there for over 15 years? Because it's gonna be hard to fight citizenry while we're still playing world police at the same time.

Or do you think real life is an rts and an attack move command will win?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no. How will I live if I don't have Genns approval?

Just to make sure. The American military will lose to it's own citizens because logistics, Right? That's why multiple groups of insurgents keep springing up and we have been there for over 15 years? Because it's gonna be hard to fight citizenry while we're still playing world police at the same time.

Or do you think real life is an rts and an attack move command will win?
    Come on Dexxy. Show me where she touched you.

ALso wow your argument gets even worse...
    Are you saying because the US couldn't deal with several foreign nations at once, that it cant handle its own backyard? DO you know what logistics would be with deployments, supplies, terrain, etc. Much easier when the targets are closer. Geez man, its getting worse and worse. No wonder you needed a Hillary deflection. Also my goodness comparing my world view to an RTS :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not liberals who are taking it away, unless you think you cant pass a background check. Considering Trump wants to be even more hardline in some aspects, its the conservatives who want to take them away.
    Na. Know thine enemies is in order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Na. Know thine enemies is in order.
    Your fellow Americans are enemies and not simply people with disagreements? Why dehumanize your fellow Americans so much? Dont go supertony on us now.

Come on Dexxy. Show me where she touched you.

ALso wow your argument gets even worse...
    Are you saying because the US couldn't deal with several foreign nations at once, that it cant handle its own backyard? DO you know what logistics would be with deployments, supplies, terrain, etc. Much easier when the targets are closer. Geez man, its getting worse and worse. No wonder you needed a Hillary deflection. Also my goodness comparing my world view to an RTS :P
    Actually, yes. We can't beat people who we call backwards idiots with guns. So you'll beat them just because they're closer? While still committing forces to the neverending war in the middle east that we can't just walk away from?

Also, good guys with guns can't stop bad guys with guns. So, the military loses guaranteed.

- - - Updated - - -

Your fellow Americans are enemies and not simply people with disagreements? Why dehumanize your fellow Americans so much? Dont go supertony on us now.
    Oh the beautiful irony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, yes. We can't beat people who we call backwards idiots with guns. So you'll beat them just because they're closer? While still committing forces to the neverending war in the middle east that we can't just walk away from?

Also, good guys with guns can't stop bad guys with guns. So, the military loses guaranteed.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh the beautiful irony.
    Whats the irony? I think you need to improve in the comprehension of reading. Also you seem to make up random points with the whole good guys vs bad guys thing. My goodness dexxy.

Whats the irony? I think you need to improve in the comprehension of reading. Also you seem to make up random points with the whole good guys vs bad guys thing. My goodness dexxy.
    That's a favorite line of people mocking the NRA. Guns can't stop shooters, so how will they stop an armed rebellion?

And the irony is people who live in the Politics section pretending they don't dehumanize people in a disagreement. Magically, there seems to be an army of Trump supporters around here. But, I guess that's how he won. He had more more votes that mattered.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a favorite line of people mocking the NRA. Guns can't stop shooters, so how will they stop an armed rebellion?

And the irony is people who live in the Politics section pretending they don't dehumanize people in a disagreement. Magically, there seems to be an army of Trump supporters around here. But, I guess that's how he won. He had more more votes that mattered.
    SO you continue with the pointlessness? Dexxy, come on now, I know youre better than this, you can try.

SO you continue with the pointlessness? Dexxy, come on now, I know youre better than this, you can try.
    Hey. I can be pointless when you think distance traveled means chance of success. That's super pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey. I can be pointless when you think distance traveled means chance of success. That's super pointless.
    Except I said more than that. Whoopsie doodles, looks like I was right about the comprehension of the reading. Well done Dexxy. Next I expect a full reply that somehow implicates Hillary Clinton.