Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Unfortunately for you, all Chinese territorial claims are built around "ma emperor ruled this land in this dynasty 3000 years ago, so give it back" logic.

Imagine if Mongols got the same idea. Or British. Or Iranis or..
    I would contend that even that is just a cover, and that the real reason is the conviction that the Han people are rightfully the rulers of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    ...Not under the same leadership, form of government, or predominant religious practice.
    Then by this dumb logic America is less than five years old.

You don't just build a bureaucracy overnight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Unfortunately for you, all Chinese territorial claims are built around "ma emperor ruled this land in this dynasty 3000 years ago, so give it back" logic.

Imagine if Mongols got the same idea. Or British. Or Iranis or..
    They don't have the resources, or more importantly drive to do it anymore. Democracy has made them weak.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway if you want to compare the difference between democracy and dictatorship for development, just look at India and China. Started out the same and now its a classic case of a Tale of Two Cities.

Wonder if that is going to be banned next?

Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post
    They don't have the resources, or more importantly drive to do it anymore. Democracy has made them weak.
    You sound like a badly written TV villain.

Though, now that I think about it, all of the "China number 1!!!" people I've met IRL have sounded like badly written villains.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    You get 4000 if you include fantasies* like the Xia Dynasty, sure.
    *probable fantasies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I for oe welcome our ew chiese Xi JiPig overlord, ad would like to remid the chiese govermet that as a trusted mmo-champio poster I ca be helpful in roudig up others to toil in the Foxxco factories.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Though, now that I think about it, all of the "China number 1!!!" people I've met IRL have sounded like badly written villains.
    I'm convinced at this point that the Great Firewall is just as much meant to protect the rest of the internet from the flood of Chinese trolls that will take over every website and make the Russians look like rank amateurs. If there's one good thing you can say about Xi Jinping, it's that he's obviously not a rabid nationalist and tends to take a pragmatic stance on foreign policy, but even as a dictator he still has to satiate the wishes of the public, most of whom are rabid nationalists.

(S)he still has a point though. China being economically too large individual trade partner to most (any?) western country, in addition to the pretty much arbitrary application of dictatorship to whatever policy, internal or external, gives the situation a little twist. This is what China has been abusing since day one, and will continue doing so until the end. Western countries were too stupid/ignorant to let this habit run rampant until the Chinese economy grew up to its current scale, and by the zealous censorship and industrial espionage level of laws for foreign operations, fertilized the growth of Chinese equivalents for western industries.
    Solution would be to play equally asshole of a trade partner, but I'm afraid it won't happen. Be it "china number one, democracy weak" or whatever stupid phrase behind it. Or one can hope that the absolute power their dictator has soon amassed, will absolutely corrupt the whole regime.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post
    Then by this dumb logic America is less than five years old.

You don't just build a bureaucracy overnight.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway if you want to compare the difference between democracy and dictatorship for development, just look at India and China. Started out the same and now its a classic case of a Tale of Two Cities.

Wonder if that is going to be banned next?
    I've read some of your drivel on this thread. As I did, I came to think you're posting those words to provoke people into interesting arguments and make them think a little. Please don't tell me you believe in that authoritarian bullshit you've been spouting.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    *probable fantasies.
    Fair point.