Poll: Do you support world PvP

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "Bwoha, I can't gank people that don't want to be ganked!"

Love the salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    World PVP = ganking single individuals in groups, preferably lower level ones. Kill it with fire, bury the charred remains and forgot it forever.
    Take it like a man

Nah.

And I got to admit, blizz trying to push WPvP in the next expansion as one of the main features leaves me worried.

The whole concept of WPvP is about people attacking someone only when they feel like they have the upper hand - finishing off players on low health, going 2v1, ganking lowbies or less geared, catching people afk at flight master, or simply playing a rogue, which means they decide when the combat starts and when it ends.

I've never seen it as some amazing adrenaline pumping and thrilling experience. It's the opposite, pure annoyance.
    When I log into the game, I want to play it. I don't want to be a victim of some poor asshole's frustrations and do nothing but watch the rez timer.
    Now back then, I would simply bring my main and kick his ass. It's still something that's pretty much a waste of my time because I didn't come for that, but hey, you got what you asked for.
    Then the flying mounts came, which only enables the ganking nature, and now we have sharding, so even if the bastard can't fly or go stealth, he will be on a different shard, safe from the wrath of your main. Shit design.

I've spent most of my WoW playtime on PvP server and I will never ever go back, simply because it was never good design in the first place. And in my opinion, blizzard trying to push it is just resources wasted.

Deleted
    Pvp isn't for the weak minded or easily triggered, of course we want to fucking destroy the opposing faction, grief, etc. because fuck them, that's the point lol.
    That form of PvP rarely works and even destroyed MMOs...
    Warhammer Online was basically unplayable as Chaos on my Server in open world PvP because you'd face ~5-6 times more people on the other side.

Which lead to more people leaving Chaos and more people joining the Empire to join the stomp.
    Which meant that you'd also not win the zone-battles and thus never laid siege to Altdorf etc. etc.

I'd reckon most people are actually looking for fun and massive battles when they decided to join PvP servers - that is pretty obvious from the Southshore battles we've had in Vanilla.
    Ganking, griefing, trolling, is not what they are looking for - especially not if the other player is around 50 times (and that's not even a made up number) stronger than you due to level difference and gear.

For the same reason, WPvP died out as soon as BGs came out.
    It basically confirmed how bad WPvP is by design.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-03-02 at 09:42 AM.

To hell with PvP in wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I'd reckon most people are actually looking for fun and massive battles when they decided to join PvP servers - that is pretty obvious from the Southshore battles we've had in Vanilla.
    South Shore battles only became popular once Blizzard implemented the honor system and before they nerfed it to the ground and released the first battle grounds. It was a means to an end, with the biggest bonus being that in the open world you had a plain battle field where alterac had been in the alliance's favor since the beginning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying no to world pvp the way YOU want it. It's annoying having a group of shitholes of the opposite faction, ganging you for no reason while you are farming, leveling, doing quests, doing world quests. World PvP should be on only for those who actually want it and not irritate people that just wanna do something quickly because they have other things to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post

South Shore battles only became popular once Blizzard implemented the honor system and before they nerfed it to the ground and released the first battle grounds. It was a means to an end, with the biggest bonus being that in the open world you had a plain battle field where alterac had been in the alliance's favor since the beginning.
    Eh, I wouldn't say that, BGs were released 1 month after the honor system. The high level participation was very low to begin with in these battles.

15+ Year Old Account
    I nearly quit the game during my leveling in Vanilla in Un'Goro on a PvP server as all my friends were there.
    It was full of group of 20 people ganking and camping for hours corpse and cemeteries everyday.
    It made the game literally unplayable for weeks.

Plus the ultimate nightmare was as a mage being caught eating/drinking by a rogue, unable to stand up (so to use any spell) and ganked to death.

My problem is that i play many alts and i just get griefed and what is my recourse killing noobs or undergeared players just like myself trying to farm mounts or level?
    There is not very often you face a worthy foe its normally one person wrecking a group, or a group wrecking an area.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Given that "WorldPvP-ers" are guys who don't care about challenge but only want free kills, I'd rather they remove it completely. True PvPers are already in RBG/Arenas doing PvP against people their level and with the same expectation than them.

World PvP is just annoyance, will never be balanced and always frustrating (for the guy being killed) or mildly satisfying (do gankers even find satisfaction ? if yes, you should really question yourselves).

If world PvP means being ganked every few minutes in duskwood or redridge because some people apparently enjoy this kind of PvP,

kill it,

delete it,

forget it.

Even considering max level PvP, people always check if they can kill the target or not. So it's like 90% the agressor wins.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hope at least that after BfA, we won't see quest-giver ganking anymore. Especially in Outland, the long respawns are ridiculous.

Now, they said you opt-in pvp in main-cities, I hope they have a system in place like "you can only attack this (NPC) target if pvp-flagged".
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-02 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    World PvP'ers are a dying breed.
    Help and support us with feedback.

We want a Faction of World PvP with rewards for killing other players.
    Timeless Isle was the best of times where Blizzard for the first time supported war against factions...and even war against people of the same faction!
    Timeless Isle was the perfect paradise for our community and for some reason we never saw such content ever again

Say "Yes" or "No" to World PvP.

You forgot to say:

"We are arrogant douchebags who think we are better players because we fight other people or whatever."

I KID I kid i kid. PVPers are like, super better players.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

World PVP has and always will be a cancerous shit show. Any organisation at all results in the kind of 'pvp' you find when two zergs meet in AV - a bunch of morons spamming aoe and the side with the most casters winning with ease.

'roaming' is a cute word for ganking. The vast majority of people out in the world are severely beneath your gear level. Killing them is as easy now as it has always been - 3-4 spells max. If you accidentally attack a decent geared player then prepare for the run back. Gear is king in wpvp, always has been. You have to be absolutely terrible at the game to be beaten by someone 50-100 ilvls lower than you. Its possible, but its like beating up a toddler wearing body armor. Whats the point? It isn't fun and its borderline griefing.

If you want to pvp go and join some BGs.

If you want to test how skilled you are, go and do 3v3.

But WPVPers don't want to do either of those, do they? They want to gank people with impunity and they don't want to get a reality check on their skills by facing people in arena. So they instead complain about wpvp, as if Blizzard is going to ever do anything about it.

The change in BFA is nothing more than Blizzard corralling all wpvpers into one instance and anyone with a tiny bit of sense will unflag that shit asap and never see a wpvper ever again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Even considering max level PvP, people always check if they can kill the target or not. So it's like 90% the agressor wins.
    Its hilarious watching these 'wpvpers' targeting everyone in a w quest area to check who is lowest HP. I can't remember the last time someone attacked my 6.7m hp holy paladin, 10m hp prot paladin or 6.2m hp ret paladin.

No, they go for the easy pickins because getting two shot by a healer doesn't inflate 12 year olds' egos. But two shotting a guy who dinged 30 minutes ago apparently does LUL

Nothing satisfies me more than holy shocking one of these retards for their entire hp bar

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I fully support world PvP dying in a hole and forever being forgotten. Amen.

And if blizzard insist on keeping it alive then you deserve no rewards for doing it either way.
    Agreed. Let it die a sad miserable death. Never really wanted it in the game to begin with

They are moving towards faction merger (for PvE at least) and this next expansion as much as it seems a departure from that there will be a clear winner, and the losers will have to die or join the winners. Plus the first void expansion is next and we need a bigger team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asaliah View Post
    I nearly quit the game during my leveling in Vanilla in Un'Goro on a PvP server as all my friends were there.
    It was full of group of 20 people ganking and camping for hours corpse and cemeteries everyday.
    It made the game literally unplayable for weeks.

Plus the ultimate nightmare was as a mage being caught eating/drinking by a rogue, unable to stand up (so to use any spell) and ganked to death.
    I started playing while Vanilla was current. I still remember when people were attacking me in groups while I was doing the quests in STV. Gave up the game for the entire "vanilla leveling experience" and came back in end-TBC because the ganging was less than before. It totally ruined vanilla for me.

maybe world pvp without low level areas
    hit & run posting lol

It's been dead for much and much longer than it's been alive. It pretty much died in Vanilla when Blizz added BGs and then temporarily came back to life when Quel'Danas was added to the game.

So yeah, just let it die. Nothing of value will be lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    And I got to admit, blizz trying to push WPvP in the next expansion as one of the main features leaves me worried.
    Eh? I've never seen any mentions of PvP anywhere. Warfronts are basically BGs against bots. There's a chance that plunder isles will get PvP mode as well, but that's pretty much it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    World PVP has and always will be a cancerous shit show. Any organisation at all results in the kind of 'pvp' you find when two zergs meet in AV - a bunch of morons spamming aoe and the side with the most casters winning with ease.

'roaming' is a cute word for ganking. The vast majority of people out in the world are severely beneath your gear level. Killing them is as easy now as it has always been - 3-4 spells max. If you accidentally attack a decent geared player then prepare for the run back. Gear is king in wpvp, always has been. You have to be absolutely terrible at the game to be beaten by someone 50-100 ilvls lower than you. Its possible, but its like beating up a toddler wearing body armor. Whats the point? It isn't fun and its borderline griefing.

If you want to pvp go and join some BGs.

If you want to test how skilled you are, go and do 3v3.

But WPVPers don't want to do either of those, do they? They want to gank people with impunity and they don't want to get a reality check on their skills by facing people in arena. So they instead complain about wpvp, as if Blizzard is going to ever do anything about it.

The change in BFA is nothing more than Blizzard corralling all wpvpers into one instance and anyone with a tiny bit of sense will unflag that shit asap and never see a wpvper ever again.

- - - Updated - - -

Its hilarious watching these 'wpvpers' targeting everyone in a w quest area to check who is lowest HP. I can't remember the last time someone attacked my 6.7m hp holy paladin, 10m hp prot paladin or 6.2m hp ret paladin.

No, they go for the easy pickins because getting two shot by a healer doesn't inflate 12 year olds' egos. But two shotting a guy who dinged 30 minutes ago apparently does LUL

Nothing satisfies me more than holy shocking one of these retards for their entire hp bar
    I personally attack players of my "health range" 4.8M - 5.5M health.
    Unless im trying to do a PvP montage of me killing several players at the same time. Like a 1v3 or a 1v4.
    That is always epic.

Didnt you grow up on the warcraftmovies era? With all the movies about world pvp?

There is something unique and beautiful about world pvp.
    I can't explain it.
    It's like a random encounter in your daily life routine. It spices things up a bit.

Its the entire reason why PvP servers exist in the first place.
    Why do PvP servers exist?
    They exist for this.