Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Actually, that wouldn't fix the issue. The issue being the heritage armor. It'll just mean someone will have to get 1 allied race to 55 and then boom, they can cut through with all the other ones that can roll DK. Also, the original 55 you level, will also have access to their heritage.

So nothing changes, you'll still be cutting ahead with the DK race.
    It appears I didn't make myself clear enough.

Let's imagine Draenor Orcs can be DKs. To create a Draenor Orc DK, you would need to have a Draenor Orc of any other class at level 55+. Does not affect other allied races, and isn't affected by them either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post

Let's imagine Draenor Orcs can be DKs. To create a Draenor Orc DK, you would need to have a Draenor Orc of any other class at level 55+. Does not affect other allied races, and isn't affected by them either.
    Too complicated. It's easier to make allied races DKs not count towards heritage armor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Too complicated. It's easier to make allied races DKs not count towards heritage armor.
    This, similar to the restriction on boosts and race changes. Although you'd have to have a neon sign in the character creation screen to tell you this. Because people even miss the fact that heritage armor is race bound, so yeah. expect lot's complaining regardless of the option you'd provide.

I haven't read the thread, so excuse me if it's been said.

Mag'har orcs could be Death Knights, simply because all it really is, is a line of text. They could easily make the Mag'har Death Knights come from Outland. Of course, I'm assuming the Death Knight scenario happens between BC and WoTLK

Heritage armor is debatable, but in the end. I don't think it should affect what race gets what classes cause of cosmetics. Mag'har DKs make sense.
    Last edited by Glazey; 2018-03-02 at 11:02 AM.

i agree with OP, but i do hope they have DK's (only ONLY for plate mog with tusks of mannaroth, lorewise not much sense atm)

What's the point of this thread?

a) WoD never involved time travel (the plotline revolved around an alternate dimension, and to be frank, using the game as free marketing for the movie was the entire premise behind that shitty expansion).
    b) The race will have the following classes: warrior, hunter, rogue, shaman, and mage. The monk class is an option, but since the class is locked to Pandaren lore... and Azeroth, it's highly unlikely.
    c) The Shadowmoon "priests" in WoD were shamans... Ner'zhul was a shaman, his followers were shamans, and giving orcs priests is a bridge too far (streamlining everything has ruined this game).

P.S. The ogres taught the Iron Horde magic, and as a result, the orcs are going to have... wait for it... mages in the form of Arcweavers.

Orc Priests from the Shadowmoon Clan would be an interesting aesthetic for the Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

My two cents, warrior, hunters shaman, rogue, monk, maybe mage.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    What's the point of this thread?

a) WoD never involved time travel (the plotline revolved around an alternate dimension, and to be frank, using the game as free marketing for the movie was the entire premise behind that shitty expansion).
    b) The race will have the following classes: warrior, hunter, rogue, shaman, and mage. The monk class is an option, but since the class is locked to Pandaren lore... and Azeroth, it's highly unlikely.
    c) The Shadowmoon "priests" in WoD were shamans... Ner'zhul was a shaman, his followers were shamans, and giving orcs priests is a bridge too far (streamlining everything has ruined this game).

P.S. The ogres taught the Iron Horde magic, and as a result, the orcs are going to have... wait for it... mages in the form of Arcweavers.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shadowmoon_Void_Priestess

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shadowmoon_Dark_Priestess

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shadowmoon_Necrolyte

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shadowmoon_Prophet

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shadowmoon_Voidmancer

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shadowmoon...ster_(Draenor)

All these resemble Priests far more than they do Shamans, no? (note the two first actually have the title of Priestess).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Yeah, I agree. It was just an example of how to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    Although you'd have to have a neon sign in the character creation screen to tell you this. Because people even miss the fact that heritage armor is race bound, so yeah. expect lot's complaining regardless of the option you'd provide.
    Also this. And even then there will still be complaints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post

So you have to get THE SAME RACE to 55 in order to make a DK of that race? Yes, that would make sense.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I'd love to see an Orc priest, but I'm not sure what they'll do and I don't want to get my hopes up.

R.I.P. Zandalar Pally.

Doesn't mean a damn thing to me; Ner'zhul was a shaman, his followers were shamans, and they've discussed this before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    paladins are thing in all humans civilizations, i don't see why they should not be

except guilneas because they are cursed
    Gilneas had no paladins because they never established a branch of the Order of the Silver Hand before closing themselves off from the Alliance in the Second War. Kul'Tiras is likely similarly disinterested in paladins due to their naval culture--they're less religious, from what we've seen of them, than, say, Stormwind or Lordaeron because they've generally got other things to worry about like massive sea monsters and curses ravaging their southern zone. It might also simply be that the Kul'Tirans just weren't as closely-allied as Lordaeron and Stormwind were (due to Stormwind's King and nobles living as a government-in-exile until Varian was old enough to return and rebuild the kingdom).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm too lazy to read through the whole thread, so I'll just drop this in case nobody else has.

In regards to Mag'har mages, while yes, they haven't had the opportunity to study the magic of the Azerothian races, they have had access to Gorian teachings for quite some time I imagine, so we could possibly see Mag'har mages trained by Ogres- which might actually open up the possibility of playable Ogres, too!
    Why do I even bother to post on this damned site?

If these are AU orcs then I'm sure they would be allowed to be locks since the only non iron horde orcs were the frost wolves and laughing skull so they obviously are orcs that were formerly in the iron horde.

It seems there's a disagreement on which, if any, of the cloth classes the new Orcs are going to be.

So I'll pose a question:

What class is this going to be?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNein View Post
    It seems there's a disagreement on which, if any, of the cloth classes the new Orcs are going to be.

So I'll pose a question:
    https://i.imgur.com/QZCAaSx.png[/IMG]
    What class is this going to be?
    Imma go with Priest. Because of their interest in the dead, as well as their apparent ties to the Void.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Doesn't mean a damn thing to me; Ner'zhul was a shaman, his followers were shamans, and they've discussed this before.

So you essentially want to deny very concrete evidence which is easily accessible in-game?

Ner'zhul was a shaman, in MU. In AU, they provide a very detailed narrative as to why he embraced shadow magics by worshiping the 'Dark Star' - which is a darkened Naruu. His followers do the same. In AU, they are priests. The new Orcs are from AU, e.g they are Orcs that have trained in the ways of Shadow priests.

Who are 'they', by the way? Do you mind linking the discussion, where lore representatives confirm that AU Orcs have never been Priests and were always Shamans? I'd be interested to read it, considering the entire Shadowmoon questing experience was about Shadow v Light and had a very 'priest' vibe to it.

You can read about the Orcs turning to Shadow magics in the AU here - https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ner%27zhul...nate_universe), in case you missed out on the wonderful questing experience of Shadowmoon (my personal opinion is that it's Draenor's best zone).
    Last edited by Alfryd; 2018-03-03 at 08:37 AM.

Warrior: Obvious.
    Paladin: lol
    Death Knight: This would make no sense given that they were literally never exposed to the scourge. Bad choice, near 0% odds of happening.
    Hunter: Obvious.
    Shaman: Obvious.
    Rogue: Extremely likely. It'd be ridiculous if they didn't get them.
    Monk: Technically possible, but I'm going to go with no. Pandaren visiting Nighthold is one thing... pandaren visiting Draenor just to teach the mag'har how to monk? That just seems a bit strange to me. Again, possible, but not a great choice imho.
    Druid: It would be a major stretch to give them druids, and frankly, Horde have enough druids as it is. No.
    Demon Hunter: lol
    Mage: Maybe. I could see mages working for them, but again, it'd be a stretch. I'm on the fence about this one.
    Priest: This is the race they need to set them apart from orcs. This is perfectly suited for shadowmoon orcs in every possible way. They need this class.
    Warlock: Lorebreaking. Not only would it go against everything in their culture to be one, they literally cannot be one without gaining green skin. This is literally an impossible combo, and if they got it, it would be beyond stupid.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-03-03 at 08:44 AM.