Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    OP speaks for a very small minority that want pretty much today's mechanics infused into vanilla, which would pretty much defeat the whole point of bringing vanilla back.

5+ Year Old Account
    Let's see, who is likely to play a "modernized" version of Vanilla?

1) The retail crowd? Highly unlikely. They are very used to their LFRs, M+, WQs, portals everywhere and 23498528675 raid difficulties. They were QQ'ing until very recently because mobs in leveling areas didn't die in 1 global, but rather in 3-4 Most of them won't touch Classic.

2) The pservers crowd? Unlikely as well. They have been playing the closest thing available to the original game for years, and will loathe most, if not all, the QoL that retailers are accustomed to. They will stay in an unmodified (gameplay-wise) Classic for years.

3) The tourists? Possibly. They will check the novelty for one or two months, and then they will gtfo.

Now, who should Blizz logically cater to? Especially knowing that a general rebalance of Vanilla would be a huge undertaking.

It wouldn't be a Classic Vanilla server if it's not Classic Vanilla lol... tf.... What you want is a different game in general, we want Vanilla.

bugs =/= balance issues

blizzard will surely fix all the bugs and glitch of vanilla the best they can and people have no problem with it; what most don't want is blizzard implementing qol and class changes.

For those who like all sort of qol and balance changes you already have it:

-log retail
    -block xp gain once you hit 60
    -run vanilla raid as much as you want.
    -Profit??
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skidfromsteamwheedlecarte View Post
    I see in vanilla wow community stating that they want classic to not be touched as it gives a true "vanilla experience"
    You guys are joking, right?

There are many bugs in the game that were not intended, yet it gave an illusion to the players that it was a mechanic blizzard wanted.

If you want true vanilla experience, that means no class balance, either? Yea good luck with that.

I am pro for changes for classic realms, such changes are only for life improvements.

Buffing whole raid every couple of mins? No thanks.
    Running 5 min From a long distance graveyard to the corpse? Nope.
    Small things that are annoying should be improved.
    Well, my apologies, Classic was wanted and so it should be.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    So you cant give a good reason it should be changed. Noted
    Because with all the knowledge we gained over the years, an 'untouched' Vanilla would be unplayable. Millions of bots would roam free just using the ingame macro language.

Deleted
    Blizzard has been trying to improve WoW all the time since vanilla, and the result is a game that many players do not enjoy. So it shouldn't be surprising that many of those players don't trust Blizzard to "improve" vanilla and will rather live with the warts of the original.

Just look at class balancing. Blizzard's attempt at balancing just lead to everything becoming homogenized. I'd rather take diverse but unbalanced than homogeneous and balanced classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    They shouldn't. Stick to retail if you don't like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Because with all the knowledge we gained over the years, an 'untouched' Vanilla would be unplayable..
    Unplayable for retailers yes.

As a player that started in 2004 and am still currently playing I enjoyed the game for what it was then and I enjoy the game for what it is now the only real change I would like Blizzard add is oceanic servers as playing with 300+ ping is aids. It's really a topic I haven't seen anyone post anything about most of the rest just seem to be people trying to give orders over the interweb like "go play such and such"

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I want vanilla, not some late 2006 1.12 or 2.0.1 TBC extract.

1.12 lasted less then 4 months, hardly to be called the main-version. From someone who played since 2004 closed beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    Yeah, like your attitude.
    Slow clap well done.

No. Not joking.

I see in vanilla wow community stating that they want classic to not be touched as it gives a true "vanilla experience"

There are many bugs in the game that were not intended, yet it gave an illusion to the players that it was a mechanic blizzard wanted.

If you want true vanilla experience, that means no class balance, either? Yea good luck with that.

I am pro for changes for classic realms, such changes are only for life improvements.

dont want classic, dont play classic. you wont be missed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I want vanilla, not some late 2006 1.12 or 2.0.1 TBC extract.

1.12 lasted less then 4 months, hardly to be called the main-version. From someone who played since 2004 closed beta.
    agreed. 1.12 is why nostalrius/elysium sucked. it needs to start at a way earlier version, maybe work its way to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    They shouldn't. Stick to retail if you don't like it
    Unplayable for retailers yes.
    Yes, 'cause 'retailers' can't copy/paste a script, or
    Yes, 'cause 'retailers' wouldn't consider a one-button-do-everything macro a playable game?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Yes, 'cause 'retailers' can't copy/paste a script, or
    Yes, 'cause 'retailers' wouldn't consider a one-button-do-everything macro a playable game?
    Hopefully there will be a new API, so we can safely dismiss that issue.

What you're saying it what most people think. Vanilla was shit, there was a million flaws and it'S not made for you.

Good thing the entire point of Classic is not to make a game for you but to make a game for the people who asked for it, which is not you. That means stfu and don't play it, that's it, just act like it doesn't exist, it's not made for you period.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Hopefully there will be a new API, so we can safely dismiss that issue.
    Amen to that, and yes, ofc there will be a different extension and macroing system in Classic. Only the dumbest of purists believe the game could actually survive 24 hours with the original Vanilla systems in place.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    agreed. 1.12 is why nostalrius/elysium sucked. it needs to start at a way earlier version, maybe work its way to that.
    And end up at 1.12 anyway? What's the point of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Good thing the entire point of Classic is not to make a game for you but to make a game for the people who asked for it, which is not you..
    If you think that's the entire point of Classic then you're dumb as all hell.

There will be changes. Classic is not being made just for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    While I disagree with the whole premise of this thread save for game breaking bugs, the whole allure of Vanilla to many is that the classes aren't balanced in anyway shape or form. Now if you feel that the design of poor balance allows for niche rolls within a group be it PvP or PvE then great but balances no...
    You're mistaking balance for homogenization. Balance would imply strengths and weaknesses in certain areas between the classes/specs that ultimately result in them being relatively equal in power overall.

A boomkin might not do as much DPS as a mage, for example, but they buff the group's spell crit chance more than the difference of bringing another mage, for example. Druids also have Innervate, can heal themselves and/or others if needed, can tank momentarily, revive people in combat, bring a unique buff, etc.

The classes were mostly balanced, though a few fell through the cracks, obviously, like Elemental, Protection Paladin, but for the most part, you could bring anything to a raid and make it work. Frankly, the raids weren't all that difficult mechanically, and people were so bad at the game then that you could probably play a "bad" spec and do as much or more DPS or healing than everyone else playing "good" specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    There are a lot of people that want all that though. They’re stupid, but they exist.
    Thing is, I don't trust Blizzard to be wise about the changes they make, so I don't trust them to make ANY changes. Give them an inch and they'll add follower missions and the netherlight crucible. Make protection paladins viable tanks and suddenly class buffs are gone and every healer spec needs a flash heal equivalent.

As for fixing bugs... they can't even seem to do that correctly now, so I doubt they're going to get it right with a version of the game they spent years saying "you think you want it, but you don't" about. Blink is still messed up after almost 13 years. I still charge through the ground and fall to my death. I still can't heroic leap over a tiny rock. I still shoot through walls and mountains but can't shoot over a broken fence.

If they manage, good on them, but I won't hold my breath. Personally, I'd rather play it safe and have Blizzard leave it be than start poking around and ruin the experience. I want Classic. If they make ANY changes, it's simply not Classic, and it's a waste of my time. I'd rather they make a new game if they're going to start making changes. Make WoW 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I'm confused as to how the pvp to pve realm change really matters. Those who turn pvp on will be in the exact same place they were before the change, not to mention they'll be getting a slight reward for doing so.
    PvP servers become PvE servers. There is no "forced" PvP on ANY server anymore. All servers now act as PvE servers, where the only PvP is consenting engagements where you're flagged for it. Part of the experience of playing on a PvP server was that you didn't get to decide when you wanted to deal with PvP or not. If you didn't like it, you played on a PvE server.

--

To everyone saying "we want Classic, but changes to ___", you're not really asking for Classic. Stop lying to yourself and stop lying to everyone else. People who want Classic want Classic. Anyone who wants something else is not asking for Classic.