Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Oh look shitty mionebola solo shitcontent at the end of a expansion lmao
    How many 22's have you completed? :>

I really hope that's not the final design for the CE. I've got them all and this one seems to be the most bland.

I don't understand why people care (or want for that matter) what the collectors edition boxes look like. You take the CD out and throw the box away. Is it for that moment of gratitude it gives you before you open the box?

Do physical boxes even have media in them anymore? The game is already installed on your PC.

Also, good job MMO-C for putting up another useless poll that tells us nothing. It appears it's not just the members that do not understand objectivity.

@ablib, you kinda touch on it there. Some people really enjoy box art for decorative purposes, physical boxes and stuff. I totally get it, even if I am pretty much only buying digital now due to convenience, and ever since they use DRM always online stuff just to make the game unplayable when they close servers anyway.

Regarding first aid, I think there's a huge difference between trained and actually using there

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhok View Post
    A better poll question would be "Have you EVER found First Aid Useful?"

Sure, maybe back in Vanilla it had it's moments, but otherwise it has largely been a useless prof.
    During levelling in Vanilla then hell yeah! I once healed a dungeon on my rogue with them. It was pretty mad.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

i love how ppl are saying that First Aid is useless and they can remove it are dumb.. its Blizzard who made it useless

Do you remember how useful First Aid was? That old naxxramss boss Loatheb requires bandage to survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    This week in WoW history, something not about WoW /s

I think the threat of removal is probably the best way for Blizzard to focus a community discussion on First Aid. Maybe that's the intent here? BfA's still so early in development that nothing beyond the game world is really set in stone yet. If the community presents some solid defense and suggestions, it's entirely possible for First Aid to remain in the game and receive a redesign instead.

Probably the worst/least-constructive thing to do here though is simply complain that it's being removed without offering any alternatives or meaningful improvements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    Probably the worst/least-constructive thing to do here though is simply complain that it's being removed without offering any alternatives or meaningful improvements.
    That would suppose Blizzard is listening to customer's feedback. Which is a pretty strong assumption these days
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    first aid should focus on health potions like in wod, alchemy already got flasks and potions to make money with so they wouldnt lose alot

First aid is useless mostly because alchemy has health pots and warlocks health stones.

They tried with Healing Tonics in WOD, but that required fishing for some reason.

Other than that, only time First Aid has been useful to me was when leveling classes without self heals. But Blizzard increased health generation over the years.

It's a bit sad they remove it instead of finding a use for it, but then again, it's really useless for group play when you have healers and potions from alchemy, it's only useful for solo play.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The issue with first aid really was that it was undertuned. Going through the effort of leveling first aid should provide you with the ability to heal with bandages that are at least a little better option than healing from most other (non-healer) sources. But during the great homogenization of classes they were all designed with the basic attack A until B procs, C on cooldown, with some sort of self-heal spell for every class that was more powerful and easier to cast than bandages. So that basically made them obsolete.

I'm fine with the general idea of pruning ineffective facets of the game. But it's important to keep in mind that first aid WAS a useful part of the game at one time and it was these design decisions that led to it being essentially obsolete. The danger in all of this pruning is the same issue that we've had as players since it began in late-wotlk, which is that it dumbs the game down and removes a lot of the customization/immersion/depth of the game. I would hope by now that Blizz has heard the message loud and clear that we don't want wow dumbed down to pointless profs and talent choices.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I don't understand why people care (or want for that matter) what the collectors edition boxes look like.
    Its a COLLECTOR'S EDITION. Collecting implies that you are collecting it to display in some fashion. It is a larger, more expensive version of a physical game box that contains other items of value such as behind the scenes blu ray, cd sound track, mouse pads, art books, keychains, and yes, the physical discs which are not very useful in this day and age. Most people who will be buying the physical CE are doing so with the intent to put it on a visible shelf, most likely alongside older physical collectors edition boxes. Thus, if the color/artwork is bland or unpleasant, it will be an eyesore while on display.

Does that make more sense?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also need to remember, First Aide was never meant to be (along with Fishing and cooking) an actual, flushed out, crafting school. These three were originally designed as mini-craft schools (so to speak) without the development and variety (or usefulness) of the craft school you have to pick and choose from. Its why everyone could train them, because they weren't originally designed to be "needful" at all.

Fishing and Cooking got the massive overhaul as Blizzard realized the power of the mini-game they could provide and have both become far and away more full craft schools with all the benefits of a full craft school (but without only being able to pick one or two). First Aide can now either step up to the same level of "mini game" or go the way of the dodo as it has become less and less useful as the rest of the game was buffed/expanded on.

Even Archeology, which was an added mini-craft-game later, had more time spent on it to flush it out, sooner after release - than First Aide has ever been given. It hasn't changed much at all since release. Maybe one of the few parts of the original game that hasn't =D (good or bad..)

Unfortunately, unlike Fishing and Cooking - it just has less variety it can go to. There aren't "bandages around the world" for you to find. They aren't going to flush it out into some type of nurse-mini-game as that would take away from the tools of alchemy and main classes with heal abilities.

So if its just a useless system people spend 10 minutes to level in order to have top level for xyz "actually useless" reason (outside of a few dailies and having bandages just in case while questing...) then I can certainly see the thinking now of a "Well we did this for all the other mini-crafts and First Aide is this boring dinosaur of a gaming age gone by...time to get rid of it rather than spent any dev time making it into a minigame."

When the same purpose can be provided by an NPC selling cheap bandages in the middle of XYZ capital city; it really is a relic from a game design that isn't the rule anymore.

So why keep it around?

Or spend dev time and energy and resources turning it into more of a worthwhile minigame - to (somehow) match popularity to fishing/cooking/archeology.

*Tries to imagine what type of first aide mount you would make... or how to make pots without infringing on alchemy*

*shrugs* Makes sense to me, even though it doesn't bother me to keep it in either. I can see the point.

That staff looks cool!

[does research]

Oh nevermind...

What the hell is a Brig-eater that Jeff keeps saying? Doesnt he mean Bridgette? As in "Bridge-ett". Stupid Americans! Even the main guy who created the name cant even say it right!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoroknash View Post
    Can do stop trying to delete First Aid damned.. I won't be able to solo ICC as a warrior if they delete it.. How am I supposed to heal a damn boss.
    Engineers can make Pump-Action Bandage Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by 3allz View Post
    What the hell is a Brig-eater that Jeff keeps saying? Doesnt he mean Bridgette? As in "Bridge-ett". Stupid Americans! Even the main guy who created the name cant even say it right!
    Erhm, 'Brig-eater' is how the name Brigitte is pronounced in German. Since she is supposed to be German, it would make she would say her name in the German way. Jeff too.