Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Listen, my original reply was to you saying "the only reason ele is brought to high keys....." The OP was asking about keys above 16/17 and I have done 18/19/20 keys without a problem. My point being that you can clear them with skill and knowledge. Is another class better? Sure. But will we lose a spot over it? Depends on the affixes honestly. We won't be good for every situation. If the arguments against me have to talk specifically about 25+ keys then ele is in a better place than you all claim.

Also, stop being an ahole. Obviously Mythic raids are more than just higher health and damage. My point was how weak abilities are now killers.

Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    The op asks about the state of the spec at the few top hundred spots, THEN he asks for the viability from 16/17+ , which he considers high keys. Then Devore answers flawlessly and the first thing you say is "This is absolute crap", I don't know who is the asshole.

In the top ranks you play what is best, and in a dungeon environment elemental shaman is not the best, not even in raiding.(Check the top m+ rankings and the compositions of the Antorus Progression). ANOTHER completely different thing is farming when you are done progressing and you can cheese the encounter, then you can bring ANY spec from any class and complete it, but that does not mean that that spec has no issues or is fine, more so when comparing it to the other contenders.(e.g moonkin , mage , hunter, warlock are many times better than elemental shaman for pushing keys and for mythic progression.)

The last point is not arguable BTW as you can see it yourself with a little searching or you can even see it live in twitch.
    Checking the top 100 to see if ele can do +16/17 is like checking mythic world 1st to see if you can do heroic raids.

I was never arguing that ele is the best, only that we are viable and can do high keys. And we won't be left out of dungeons if we have our own keys.

If you have to ask who is the best at the top 100 level, you don't need to know the answer and it doesn't affect you in any way.

Ele is excellent for high keys before a certain threshold around 20 where they get fucken hard.

Deleted
    Any class is viable below 20 and Elemental is pretty strong. Beyond 20, especially on Tyrannical, it's more about shenanigans and survivability, where Shamans lack significantly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Set 1 Bracers + Sephuz Trash
    Set 2 Prydaz + Sephuz Trash or Boss with reliable proc + Survive
    Set 3 Boots/Gloves Gambling Boss fights No heroism
    Set 4 Lust Helm + Prydaz Boss w Heroism + Survive
    Set 5 Lust Helm + XXX (I use gloves Gloves) Boss + Heroism general
    Set 6 Prydaz + Gloves Boss No Heroism, No Sephuz Proc, +Survive

On fortified weeks i use the typical LROD build except i keep aftershock since it is really nice on boss fights and haste numbers are ridiculous right now with good gear.

Tyrannical i use the gambling build
    Would somebody please describe in relative detail what this 'gambling' build is that is referred to so often, or provide a a good source. Thanks

I find if theres a ww monk in my group then my general dps looks very pathetic.. anything under +15 i just run around in ghost wolf following as by the time i cast a CL we're on to the next pack!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toony View Post
    Would somebody please describe in relative detail what this 'gambling' build is that is referred to so often, or provide a a good source. Thanks
    https://www.stormearthandlava.com/gambling-build/

Everything is on there. Great resource in general.

My guildie is playing elemental. If you check his raider.io he has all dungeons on 22+ (all completed in time) except Seat of Triumvirate (21 completed in time). I'd say he is doing pretty well
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    My guildie is playing elemental. If you check his raider.io he has all dungeons on 22+ (all completed in time) except Seat of Triumvirate (21 completed in time). I'd say he is doing pretty well
    Then you should ask him if he sees himself doing 25+ and entering top100 range. I guess you will have answers similar to Devore's.
    It does not prevent enjoyment from the spec though. I run all keys 18-20 as elem offspec on my resto main, and greatly enjoy it.

I had in mind the type of question and understood it came from someone not really interested in that high keys. So as he asked for over 17, thought +5 comparison was good enough.
    (not into entering argue, just pointing out it's possible to perform well in both premade and pug groups as Ele in 21/22/23)
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

7+ Year Old Account
    As a pally healer of mild m+ whos got a dear friend who plays shaman (just rerolled moonkin rip) i can tell you from experience bringing a holy or prot pally to the m+ with a ele shaman at higher (lets say 20+) makes a whole lot of difference. Devo aura/sac/bop go a long way as holy. Sac and bop (or better yet spell ward) help alleviate the squishyness so you guys can bring the pain to bear.

The only downside is there are other classes that can do the same without that level of hand holding. But if your a shaman and your really set on higher keys... find a pally friend. Wont fix the survival kit issue but it certainly helps!

My 2c.

Deleted
    Astral shift 2 min cd 40% dmg reduction for 8 sec. Thanks Blizzard for this wonderful survival toolkit for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Brader View Post
    Astral shift 2 min cd 40% dmg reduction for 8 sec. Thanks Blizzard for this wonderful survival toolkit for us.
    Yup, Prydaz is a necessity for high keys. Hell, on a 20+ I even throw roots on for certain affixes/bosses.