I've noticed the last few days since the horizon update the games been a bit iffy. disconnects from online. trying to load you into hunts you only notice too late have 4 already but it still let you join. Somethings frigged.

All I know is that trying to get into quests VIA SOS is horrendous and 9 times out of 10 I just get an error joining the quest, but that's been happening the entire time.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    All I know is that trying to get into quests VIA SOS is horrendous and 9 times out of 10 I just get an error joining the quest, but that's been happening the entire time.
    Its worse. Also i've been getting noticeable input lag. Like when you charge the shield for CB its just not registering the O even if i hammer it sometimes which is new.

That's because it's filled up before you were able to hit join. it's why I back out completely to SOS and retry. Also I noticed that if I get super strict with my search...i get A LOT more hunts because I don't care about a certain type. It won't search for expeditions and shit.

A tip for the weeklies this week: 5 'what a bunch of abalone' 4* can be done in about 7 minutes and then 5 8* brute wyvern hunts will finish all the weeklies in about an hour if you pick an easy brute like barroth. Easy way to net a gem.

I hope everyone is ready for that mushroom gathering quest on march 9th.........i cant wait for all the new players to monster hunter to experience, the joy of picking 10 mushrooms......HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    That's because it's filled up before you were able to hit join. it's why I back out completely to SOS and retry. Also I noticed that if I get super strict with my search...i get A LOT more hunts because I don't care about a certain type. It won't search for expeditions and shit.
    That's what I'm assuming is happening, but the game also says "failed to join because the party is full" when the hunt is full so I'm not sure what is happening.

Based on what I've seen I'm pretty sure what happens is it continues to post up the hunt for searching after its full and it errors out because it shouldn't have even been listed in the first place because it was full before you even searched it.

after beating everything with a greatsword I went back and started making other types of weps.gotta say sword and board is really bloody fun this time around, great at mounting monsters has a good defence and decent offence as to my understanding it can do both slicing and smashing dmg, def worth a wirl if you have dismissed it like I did earlier

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    I hope everyone is ready for that mushroom gathering quest on march 9th.........i cant wait for all the new players to monster hunter to experience, the joy of picking 10 mushrooms......HAHAHA
    Jho: BITCH THOSE ARE MY MUSHROOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    The issue is not that i can't do it, it's that its going to be a royal pain in the ass doing it.
    hence why im saying ''stuck'' in quotation marks and considering doing it with a LBG so i dont have to bother with being in the scale-drop zone all the time.

the encounter is just in general horrid as a melee user, especially IG, because it can have dropped a metric fucktonne of scales before you land again after a vault.
    Could also go Pierce HBG with the Legiana HBG. Bazel seems to be annihilated by pierce ammo/dragon piercer. Pair that with Evade Extender and it becomes even easier lol

So i logged in today and at the character screen noticed my palico not wearing the upgrades i bought. I logged in and bare in mind i manually save before quitting always, its an OCD thing with me- and sure enough not only do i not have the upgrade but im missing two weapons from my chest and half a million zenni. This never happened on 3DS. What the what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So i logged in today and at the character screen noticed my palico not wearing the upgrades i bought. I logged in and bare in mind i manually save before quitting always, its an OCD thing with me- and sure enough not only do i not have the upgrade but im missing two weapons from my chest and half a million zenni. This never happened on 3DS. What the what.
    So I'm not going mad.

I'm tempted to sell my copy. Not raging or anything but I spent a while farming and to lose it just turns me off farming again.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2018-03-02 at 04:01 PM.

That's what I'm assuming is happening, but the game also says "failed to join because the party is full" when the hunt is full so I'm not sure what is happening.

Based on what I've seen I'm pretty sure what happens is it continues to post up the hunt for searching after its full and it errors out because it shouldn't have even been listed in the first place because it was full before you even searched it.
    I don't know, I've never seen "failed to join because the party is full" unless I join one in my list that already has 4 which is rare cause they shouldnt show up.

Man i have never been more pissed off at monster hunter than i am right now. I need one nergigante tail to be done with him forever. Every hunt i have made -and i've been jumping lobbies between- i am running into absolute pricks using HBG that are intentionally not attacking the boss but tripping every other player and only shooting them. Miles away and trying to sharpen or set up a trap? doesnt matter they aren't aiming and missing the boss they are intentionally tripping other players to be nothing but a massive, massive handicap on hunts.

I know i sound like the grouchy old guard hipster but jesus fuck did going mainstream bring in an absolute legion of wankers. People that join hunts just to trip, ones who will run in, cart on the nearest thing to the spawn twice then pop a custom emote showing it was intentional then leaving. I have loved this series for a long, long time and never have i run into so many assholes exclusively out there to ruin other peoples good time.

Me right now:

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I don't know, I've never seen "failed to join because the party is full" unless I join one in my list that already has 4 which is rare cause they shouldnt show up.
    I have it happen all the time even when there's just 1 person showing in the hunt.
    @dope_danny Its so weird that I almost never run into any of these people and somehow others find themselves having it happen constantly.

Nerg is a really easy hunt though, and I find it infinitely easier to break parts solo than in a group vs nergi. Why not just hunt it solo and not have to worry about any of this?

I think its this ingrained idea that 'its the multiplayer game you love' and it always feels a bit like i'm not 'playing it right' by going full Billy-No-Mates on it. Even if its something i need to farm for a weapon thats LR and i'll kill it in like 90 seconds i'll still fire a flare just in case someone else needs help with the quest. Its part of what i love about the games.

Usually. But boy this puts the dark days of "Je Suis un Monte, fak u engliss pig" FR IG users from the launch year of 4U to shame. At least those guys weren't this bad!

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Man i have never been more pissed off at monster hunter than i am right now. I need one nergigante tail to be done with him forever. Every hunt i have made -and i've been jumping lobbies between- i am running into absolute pricks using HBG that are intentionally not attacking the boss but tripping every other player and only shooting them. Miles away and trying to sharpen or set up a trap? doesnt matter they aren't aiming and missing the boss they are intentionally tripping other players to be nothing but a massive, massive handicap on hunts.

I know i sound like the grouchy old guard hipster but jesus fuck did going mainstream bring in an absolute legion of wankers. People that join hunts just to trip, ones who will run in, cart on the nearest thing to the spawn twice then pop a custom emote showing it was intentional then leaving. I have loved this series for a long, long time and never have i run into so many assholes exclusively out there to ruin other peoples good time.
    it's not an entirely new concept in MH, and defo not something created by it going mainstream.

People with gunlance in gen/XX would almost be insta kicked (primarily japan issue) because they would purposely use it to mass trip their team on hunts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    it's not an entirely new concept in MH, and defo not something created by it going mainstream.

People with gunlance in gen/XX would almost be insta kicked (primarily japan issue) because they would purposely use it to mass trip their team on hunts.
    I feel the matchmaking a session settings are implemented well enough where if you really wanted to avoid any grieving, it isn't too hard.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I mean, there is a skill to completely prevent being tripped by teammates if people really find it to be a problem.

I think demon mode has it by default so I get to cheat there xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, there is a skill to completely prevent being tripped by teammates if people really find it to be a problem.

I think demon mode has it by default so I get to cheat there xD
    I just play my role. As a longsword user, I stay near the Monsters tail. Works in my favor pretty well, lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.