Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://www.twitter.com/ashenchampio...61392314118144

Gamestop TV advertised Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition for the Switch.
    Funny part is if they did manage to port it to Unreal 4 for Switch that mite actually be the definitive version performance wise lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

https://www.twitter.com/ashenchampio...61392314118144

Gamestop TV advertised Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition for the Switch.
    So the Switch port wasn't based on the mobile version.

How much have they downgraded it?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    But when someone comments on how good a game looks... yeah they're talking about the textures and the polycount. Or art style if the game is very stylized.
    Incredibly false. The poly count and texture res in Uncharted 4 is nothing special, yet people where blown away with it. Neither does it have an over the top art style.

There is a reason Sony first party games generally look better then 3rd party games maxed out on PC in spite of the massive power difference. It's literally animation talent.

GameXplain begins its one year anniversary celebration of the Switch with a look back at the rumors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Incredibly false. The poly count and texture res in Uncharted 4 is nothing special, yet people where blown away with it. Neither does it have an over the top art style.

There is a reason Sony first party games generally look better then 3rd party games maxed out on PC in spite of the massive power difference. It's literally animation talent.
    That's just Naughty Dog specifically. Their games have both looked good (for their time) and have been technically impressive. Especially the original Crash trilogy and Jak and Daxter.

That's just Naughty Dog specifically. Their games have both looked good (for their time) and have been technically impressive. Especially the original Crash trilogy and Jak and Daxter.
    Except that The Order 1886, Detroit Become Human, Spiderman,God Of War,Bloodborne and the Ratchet and Clank remaster all look amazing even more so when you take into account the hardware they are on.

The Order 1886 to this day is still one of the best looking games period. Sony's first party studios have always made amazing looking games.

Edit: Also how could I forget Horizon Zero Dawn.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-03-02 at 05:59 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...rt_of_diablo_3

We can assure you we’re not that clever. [It was] meant to be a fun community engagement piece. We have nothing to announce.
    Man, the Switch fandom really needs to slow their roll a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

To be honest I would be surprised if Diablo 3 got a Switch port, Blizzard seems quite done with Diablo 3.

If a dev tweets something it's obviously hinting at a Switch game.

Never another explanation.

Ever.

If a dev tweets something it's obviously hinting at a Switch game.

Never another explanation.

Ever.
    Flipped on my light switch this morning in my room. Bedroom Simulator 2019 confirmed for Switch!

10+ Year Old Account

Please keep showing your ignorance. Naughty Dog's Technical Artists are literally the best in the industry alongside their texture artists. Their rendering techniques are next level which makes their games look better than most PC games. Honestly Sony's first party studios in general have great technical artists that bring out the best of an underpowered console in comparison to PC. The reason they look as good if not better than most PC games is their technical artists. Hardware can be bottlenecked by the internals but also the capability of the talent behind the game. Hence why some shitty looking games run poorly and some amazing looking games are smooth as butter.

Oh Lighting is also an incredibly important aspect of game appearance. You said earlier that you wonder why AC: Origins doesn't look as good as Horizon: ZD? It's the lighting and post processing. Same with Uncharted. They have incredible lighting artists.

For the record, I'm not talking out of my ass. I've spoken to a texture artist as Naughty Dog. I've spent a lot of time digging through optimization and rendering features in UE4. I have experience working with animators on games. You want to talk about your opinions about how good a video game or whatever is? Your opinion is as valid as mine. You want to talk about how video games are made? Sorry, unless you can cite specific examples, I'm going to maintain that I'm right.
    Last edited by Poppincaps; 2018-03-02 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Please keep showing your ignorance.
    There is no ignorance here. If you actually think Naughty Dog is doing anything technically with the horse power that other AAA games also don't do well... pot meet kettle.

Naughty Dog is not using some lightning tech no one else has, nor are they using poly count on models above what other AAA games use, nor are their textures even coming close to maxed out textures on PC AAA games.

The difference is the attention to detail they put into their worlds and set pieces, most of which.... shocker is animation talent.

Where Naughty Dog's technical talent shines is they pretty much always get their games to a locked 30 fps unlike other games using similar tech with drops to mid 20s, but that has jack shit to do with graphical effects. That's just coding talent and massive crunch.

It's also not just Naughty Dog. Pretty much every Sony studio that shares tech from the ICE team, even 2nd party projects from people like QD and Insomniac who share it. There is a MASSIVE difference in animation quality between Sunset Overdrive and Ratchet n Clank/Spiderman. No it's not cause the base PS4 is stronger... It's because Sony literally has animation work down to a T through the ICE shared tech. Literally the most important tech shared through the ICE team for SIE published games is how they capture and animate movement of every kind. It's why all SIE published games have that "look" that almost no other games have.

Anyways done with the topic as it's clearly going no where, off topic at this point and you have resorted to calling people ignorant because you don't understand what is being discussed.

But yea, to make it slightly on topic BoTW and SMO look better then other Switch games for a reason. Not because they're using some secret sauce graphical tech... I think we all know what it really is.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-03-02 at 06:18 PM.

Let me put on my shades
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no ignorance here. If you actually think Naughty Dog is doing anything technically with the horse power that other AAA games also don't do well... pot meet kettle.

Naughty Dog is not using some lightning tech no one else has, nor are they using poly count on models above what other AAA games use, nor are their textures even coming close to maxed out textures on PC AAA games.

The difference is the attention to detail they put into their worlds and set pieces, most of which.... shocker is animation talent.
    Tech... just because they're using the same software and technology as other studios doesn't mean that they're going to produce the same level of work. There are variances in talent and ignoring what the gaming community thinks, everyone in the industry knows that Naughty Dog is a cut above technically.

Yes their animation team is incredibly talented, but there is so much more that goes into their games that most gamers wouldn't notice. It's not your fault, you have to have an eye for it and that's something that takes time working with such features. So it makes sense why you would put so much emphasis on the animations because they are very obviously good and eye catching. But the lighting and rendering pipeline they have is obviously A1. If you look away the lighting and post processing effect they use on each scene, the game would look significantly worse, I guarantee it. But that's something that is hard to notice unless you know what you're looking for.

To clarify, animations are incredibly important as is every aspect of a game's visuals. To say animation is the most important is just untrue though and even despite this in order to have detailed animations you need to have the geometry to support it or else you'll get weird stretching and inaccurate deformations, so even the animations come down to polycount as well. But textures and polycount are the most glaringly obvious to most gamers which is why I say that when people say a game looks great it's because of the textures and polycount. Lighting also has a more obvious and drastic effect as well.

Did anybody here buy Fe?
    Maybe a couple of thoughts could be shared on it?

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    Did anybody here buy Fe?
    Looks like a decent to good game. I think the studio made a mistake partnering with EA for it, same with A Way Out. Those deals went out before the major loot box shit hit the fan so easy to say in hind sight.

But yea, looks good but think most people are flat out ignoring it because it's an EA published game or are scared of saying they enjoy it for the same reason.

Looks like a decent to good game. I think the studio made a mistake partnering with EA for it, same with A Way Out. Those deals went out before the major loot box shit hit the fan so easy to say in hind sight.

But yea, looks good but think most people are flat out ignoring it because it's an EA published game or are scared of saying they enjoy it for the same reason.
    the artstyle caught my attention, it reminds me a bit of Ori and the blind forest.
    looks like a great game, despite it being published by EA.

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    Did anybody here buy Fe?
    I did.

It's a beautiful game, but a bit confusing and really short for that price if you ask me.

I didn't feel any urge at all to continue playing after beating it.
    If you have money to spend buy it, but otherwise i wouldn't recommend the game.

Skickat från min F8331 via Tapatalk

So the Naruto Trilogy is coming to The Switch (will provide a trailer when BN uploads it since its only posted on there FB).

Really odd seeing how that skips out on the 4th game and its only the first 3.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-03-02 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So the Naruto Trilogy is coming to The Switch (will provide a trailer when BN uploads it since its only posted on there FB).

Really odd seeing how that skips out on the 4th game and its only the first 3.
    Probably because the first 3 are easy to port as they where last gen games.

4th was a current gen exclusive, and probably far more effort needed to port then bamco was willing to pay currently. They will probably greenlight and fund it if the trilogy sells well. It's probably portable, they just want return on investment before going in that hard.

Probably because the first 3 are easy to port as they where last gen games.

4th was a current gen exclusive, and probably far more effort needed to port then bamco was willing to pay currently. They will probably greenlight and fund it if the trilogy sells well. It's probably portable, they just want return on investment before going in that hard.
    True but the 4th was also on PC as well so you would think it shouldn't be that hard to port. Funny thing is the PS4/XB1 Legacy bundle is hard to get now without overpaying so this would be a decent route to go if its a physical release.

Trailer