Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I do a heroic clear of ABT on Tuesday afternoon and a normal Argus at some point in the week and that's about it.

Every now and then I bring an alt to my guilds N ABT alt run (raiding guild but I'm a former raider/casual), but these days I just don't have the time to keep up with my alts since I can only play a few hours per day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadpants View Post
    Have not cleared mythic yet and it will take longer with only 2 raid days a week. Furthemore, hard to burn out with only 2 raids days a week.
    Same here - Aggramar is a bitch when you raid less than 6 hours a week

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Wish I was still a kid. But life changes as you grow up.
    Has nothing to do with 'growing up'. I've been playing the game since I was 15, now 28. I have a job, my own place, a bf, I take care of myself fairly well and I still enjoy raiding and I don't find it a burden at all to "rush" to make it on time to raid and I certainly haven't felt stressed ever playing the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll probably kill Argus a couple more times to finish the skip and max out trinkets for people, and then go back and do the raid meta achievements in Tomb and normal Antorus.

Then I'll probably just run a normal mode alt raid on one night and take the other off.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Thrallinor View Post
    Same here - Aggramar is a bitch when you raid less than 6 hours a week
    Ya I love raiding only twice a week. We raid 8 hours a week and are now 100 pulls into mythic argus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Has nothing to do with 'growing up'. I've been playing the game since I was 15, now 28. I have a job, my own place, a bf, I take care of myself fairly well and I still enjoy raiding and I don't find it a burden at all to "rush" to make it on time to raid and I certainly haven't felt stressed ever playing the game.
    Well when you work til 18 and raid starts at 19, that is objectively stressful whether you feel like it or not.

Well when you work til 18 and raid starts at 19, that is objectively stressful whether you feel like it or not.
    Find a new guild? That sounds like a common sense problem on your end at that point.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Deleted
    Guild is progressing through mythic so still raiding there. But as far as HC goes I'm not too fussed now, do it on alts occasionally but my main has DPS trinket at 1000 and aman'thul for tanking so all good really.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I don't play a lot so i'm still or waiting on a heroic argus kill. I'm not really in a rush, i've got 7 months left to do it.

I'm in a social guild so i have only done a couple of mythic bosses.

People forget that a majority of the player base aren't no-lifers.

Honestly i'm a loser and do nothing with my life, yet i have no idea how you guys can commit so much time to a single game.
    It's not how much time you commit to the game, it's how skilled yourself and your group are. A group of competent raiders that play well with each other could clear heroic in an hour and a half and there's mythic guilds that only raid two nights a week for 2 hours each night and still manage to progress just fine.

Find a new guild? That sounds like a common sense problem on your end at that point.
    Hi, random passerby here.

I was in the same boat for a little bit. People don't tend to just leave guilds they've been in for years willy nilly. I'm unsure of the other person's specifics, but for myself raiding with those people i'd grown fond of is half the fun.

I know not everyone here will operate like that. Some people value the experience, some value only the end result, and both of those things are valid.

It does leave me wondering what both sides consider stressful though. I literally walk in the door and sit at my computer still in scrubs on one of the raid days, but I generally don't feel stressed, just aware that i'm pressed on time. If I was still a teenager I can see how it may seem stressful though. I'm hoping the other poster was looking for the word worried instead of stressed, as the latter is a much broader spectrum of anxiety.

Just attempting to shed some light

Deleted
    I'm levelling a druid casually instead on a new server.

Can't even be bothered to grind gold now. I've got around 3m which is more than enough for the next expansion.

Deleted
    Sure. But whatever, if you can't understand that it is possible to like several things and not have time for all / the need to take a break sometimes - there's really no point in this discussion. Enjoy your life

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I do Heroic once a week. I find most of the encounters to be extremely boring. The ones that do stand out for me are Immonar Mythic, Felhounds Mythic, Coven and Argus.

The rest just bore me to death.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2018-03-03 at 02:16 PM.

Deleted
    Farming Argus mount for every progress raid member and then taking a break until prepatch I guess. Worked fine for me the last expansions...
    Perhaps I will join a few farm raids now and then, since it is just fun to play with mates and talk trash on TS. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    Hi, random passerby here.

I was in the same boat for a little bit. People don't tend to just leave guilds they've been in for years willy nilly. I'm unsure of the other person's specifics, but for myself raiding with those people i'd grown fond of is half the fun.

I know not everyone here will operate like that. Some people value the experience, some value only the end result, and both of those things are valid.

It does leave me wondering what both sides consider stressful though. I literally walk in the door and sit at my computer still in scrubs on one of the raid days, but I generally don't feel stressed, just aware that i'm pressed on time. If I was still a teenager I can see how it may seem stressful though. I'm hoping the other poster was looking for the word worried instead of stressed, as the latter is a much broader spectrum of anxiety.

Just attempting to shed some light
    If you would have looked into the conversation instead of just being a "passerby" for one small part you would have seen that I've been playing 13 years, I know all to well what people do in guilds, however his situation warrants a guild change, his entire argument has been that he's stressed out because he has an hour to get home in time for raid after work, so that warrants finding a new guild for a good reason that would still leave him in good standings with his friends in his current guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure. But whatever, if you can't understand that it is possible to like several things and not have time for all / the need to take a break sometimes - there's really no point in this discussion. Enjoy your life
    You're so flaky with your replies lol. First its I'm stressed out because I can't do the gym and WoW, then its I only have an hour to get home from work, now you're saying that you can't have the time. As I said in the first reply I gave to you, you're trying to convince people that you enjoy raiding, yet your statements are very different(and if you're going to lie at least stick to the same lie over the conversation). If you cared about raiding in any regard its extremely easy to manage a schedule with because most guilds do it in the middle of the night when nothing else would be going on anyway.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Ok Zyky. Just attempting to open the discussion. I've also been playing since launch, no idea what that has to do with anything though. I will admit I should've read the entire thread instead of just a few pages.

On topic i'll be raiding it until the next expansion launches, gotta sell them mounts. Somehow we're still finding buyers for the Gul'dan mount also, so we'll be raiding Nighthold until the next expansion launches as well I guess. The "skip the entire raid" feature that they implemented back in Blackrock Foundry is lovely for sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop with the bickering please.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Just keep in mind, nothing will ever come close to the amount of Archimonde/WoD clears, cause of the BoA weapons in WoD.
    And its maybe a good thing, seeing players with 1500+ Archimonde kills was just insane.
    -

I'm still levelling a couple trinkets, otherwise I just kill the Hounds for mount chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Just keep in mind, nothing will ever come close to the amount of Archimonde/WoD clears, cause of the BoA weapons in WoD.
    BOA weapons dropped from Garrosh in Siege of Orgrimmar in Mists of Pandaria. Wrong expansion.