Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    we may call it boring as players but blizzard prefers words like "cost effective" and "really easy to design". remember there are no more class sets now and that even makes the art easier. think of all the artists who will now be free to make new overwatch skins. you know those things blizzard makes that people actually buy.

so yea all your gear is going to be primary stat + stamina + pick 2 from crit/haste/mastery/vers. but you will be able to wear it proudly knowing that it was so simple to design this expansion with no real class changes that blizzard saved literally thousands of dollars which can be passed on to the shareholders.
    ill wear it proudly, knowing that it pisses people like you off enough to post about it on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylalai View Post
    Pff.. The relic system is just pure BS tho due to layering RNG. First it has to drop (the same with your weapon/trinket), then it has to TF and then the crucible stats need to be good.. I threw away a couple of higher iL relics because they had the wrong crucible traits.. That was just amazing!
    The point is that RNG has always been a big feature. Not saying these relics are better than weapon drops, but the artifact as a whole has been a steady upgrade throughout the expansion. So even if you got bad luck you still increased in power.

But yeah, still sucks to get that sweet AP on bonus rolls

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I really like weapon relics. They should have kept the system...
    Me too. I've played since launch and legions been the best so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tier bonuses being removed immediately makes BfA looting better, loot has been boring as fuck for a very long time in WoW. Ever since it was made extremely easy to obtain. It's never going to have the cool feeling again, not until vanilla server is released.

Relics were pure cancer.. especially with alts. It's like trying to get THREE weapon drops with double RNG layered on.

Good riddance of the relics, they are huge for caster dps, cause the higher the iLevel of your weapon the more spell power. It absolutely sucks right now trying to get any relic 960+. Meanwhile the fellow you can't touch in raid got shit lucky and has 3 relics at 965+.

Legendary experience for me, they suck. Too many, to much RNG via procs, had to level them 940 >970>1000.

I am happy that Tier Set Bonuses are going in a world where you can weekly get a piece that is 15+ iLevel's above your tier (Mythic 15+ chest) with better stats but can't equip cause tier bonus broke.

Relics and AP grind were/are not fun with artifact weapon. So happy to see it go.

Would love to see Blizzard step the fuck back on RNG, too much RNG in loot, too much RNG in some specs. For example Legendary bracers for Fire, all those things did was layer RNG on top of the already existing RNG. It's why I quit playing fire.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Good riddance of the relics, they are huge for caster dps, cause the higher the iLevel of your weapon the more spell power. It absolutely sucks right now trying to get any relic 960+. Meanwhile the fellow you can't touch in raid got shit lucky and has 3 relics at 965+.

Legendary experience for me, they suck. Too many, to much RNG via procs, had to level them 940 >970>1000.

I am happy that Tier Set Bonuses are going in a world where you can weekly get a piece that is 15+ iLevel's above your tier (Mythic 15+ chest) with better stats but can't equip cause tier bonus broke.

Relics and AP grind were/are not fun with artifact weapon. So happy to see it go.

Would love to see Blizzard step the fuck back on RNG, too much RNG in loot, too much RNG in some specs. For example Legendary bracers for Fire, all those things did was layer RNG on top of the already existing RNG. It's why I quit playing fire.
    Relics: Sorry to burst your bubble, but the way relic ilvl translates to weapon ilvl means, that weapons will work exactly the same but will put much bigger gap between those who got lucky and those who didn't. Titanforged proc on 1 relic is about 5 ilvls on the weapon, while titanforged proc on a weapon will be 15 ilvl difference. Sure, relics have some drawbacks, but honestly in general, they are much more enjoyable than disenchanting crossbow number 1000 with 1 hunter in raid.

Legendary system had many issues, but the ilvl upgrading wasn't one of them. You got to upgrade them pretty much passively just by playing the game normally and if you really really needed the upgrades (very unlikely), you could push it and get like 1 upgrade weekly.

Ideally we would live in a world where you you don't get items 15 ilvls higher than current mythic handed to you weekly for close to 0 effort.

AP grind was only as bad as you made it to be (and btw, AP is here to stay, its only renamed Azerite, but it will mostly the same). Luckily, they managed to make the system quite bearable even for people with no moderation over the course of the expansion.

The RNG was way too much, I'll give you that. But other than that most of your issues would disappear if they removed titanforging and welfare epics whole tier of ilvl higher than mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Alpha is definitely a finished product.
    and how often does blizzard do any drastic changes during alpha / beta? And hence what OP said, "based on what we know thus far".

But set pieces aren't going to be removed... every class is still going to get a set in every raid, there will just on longer be a set bonus for having X amount of that set equipped. The bonuses themselves weren't even interesting. Using X ability decreases the cooldown of X by X. Thats so interesting/s

Legendary's will likely become interesting and really unique again. Like a legendary weapon should be, and not having a 910 Trinket outclass Mythic level trinkets is never, ever a thing to complain about.

Personally, I still believe that only raid gear should be labelled as epic with a few pieces being epic here and there. Make Mythic+ gear blue quality and bring a little big more prestige to raiding. LFR should also be labelled as rare.
    Last edited by Smokinya; 2018-03-02 at 07:22 PM.

Nothing will ever touch the amazing loot system of Asheron's Call.

Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Which causes another problem entirely. The nice thing about artifacts being weapons is that it really kind of normalized the performance gaps during progression. (Particularly with Melee Classes) Where there was a HUGE gap between the haves and have nots. (those lucky enough to get a drop and those who weren't) in that regard artifacts were tremendously successful, and I am disappointed they are abandoning that completely.

It makes me wonder if (1) I am totally off base in my analysis/summation of artifact success (2) if I am correct, why the FUCK would make such a hard turn away from a REALLY good thing?
    To be fair, weapons in BfA no longer have damage, they simply buff Attack Power. So I think the power swing between a mediocre and a good weapon will be less severe than in the past.

At least I hope so. I remember in HFC, I had two 705 weapons for the longest time. Then we killed Zakuun and I got lucky, getting a 730 and bonusing another as Fury. My shit DPS literally went up by a good 25% instantly. Yes, loot should matter, but such a disparity is not really acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I really like weapon relics. They should have kept the system...
    No.

Instead of getting 1 good weapon (item level and stats) you had to try and get three great Relics with the best traits.

Screw that. It made gearing alts way too hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Very much this.

Also are trinkets really changing like OP said? I never heard of trinkets now being designed to be boring in BfA, I may have missed that info.
    He’s looking at place holder items and doesn’t realize it.

Trinkets will not be boring. Blizzard just hasn’t filled the loot tables yet.

I’m pretty sure the trinkets even say placeholder or something on them

It’s just a trash post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Relics: Sorry to burst your bubble, but the way relic ilvl translates to weapon ilvl means, that weapons will work exactly the same but will put much bigger gap between those who got lucky and those who didn't. Titanforged proc on 1 relic is about 5 ilvls on the weapon, while titanforged proc on a weapon will be 15 ilvl difference. Sure, relics have some drawbacks, but honestly in general, they are much more enjoyable than disenchanting crossbow number 1000 with 1 hunter in raid.

Legendary system had many issues, but the ilvl upgrading wasn't one of them. You got to upgrade them pretty much passively just by playing the game normally and if you really really needed the upgrades (very unlikely), you could push it and get like 1 upgrade weekly.

Ideally we would live in a world where you you don't get items 15 ilvls higher than current mythic handed to you weekly for close to 0 effort.

AP grind was only as bad as you made it to be (and btw, AP is here to stay, its only renamed Azerite, but it will mostly the same). Luckily, they managed to make the system quite bearable even for people with no moderation over the course of the expansion.

The RNG was way too much, I'll give you that. But other than that most of your issues would disappear if they removed titanforging and welfare epics whole tier of ilvl higher than mythic.
    Yup

Well.. except weapons can’t titanforge in BfA. So kind of derailed your entire stupid post.

Good bye relics!

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    and how often does blizzard do any drastic changes during alpha / beta?
    Define drastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    And hence what OP said, "based on what we know thus far".
    Based on a release that's over half a year away.

Deleted
    They are making all they can to make their shitty titanforged system work. Instead of removing the problem, they are removing all of the systems to make it work.

So, yes, with the current legy and set bonus design, even if you get a titanforge, it is mostly useless in slots you can't replace. So... off with everything so we can use their adored titanforges.

Boring? They don't care about fun. Since Legion this dev team has been nothing but arrogant ignoring all feedback and forcing their ways. Even when systems and abilities are clearly flawed. They insist until backed into a corner.
    It reminds me of the new flight design. Exists simply due to the stubburness of the designers that wish for their portfolio to increase in value. Fuck fun. What matters is the career of those designers. You will look at it a million times and be slowed and dazed and waste your real life time to please those ego's. Because looking at it during leveling is simply not enough.

Yeah based on what we know thus far....and we don't know shit.

Alpha build of the game, with half the zones, unfinished classes, 2 dungeons and placeholders for item drops. It's like 100% evidence that the loot will be absolute shit in BFA. Good job on the thread