Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gakkiz Steelwrench View Post
    Wouldnt have happened though if Malfurion didnt run off in anger.
    It also wouldn't have happened if Xavious didn't do what he did. The difference is that Xavius has deliberate ill intent. He knowingly and intentionally harmed Ysera. THat's very different from Malfurion making a mistake.

Illidan did evil things. He helped us in the end but whether or not his "sacrifices" were necessary will never be known. In Legion, the Naaru who did nothing but sing Illidan's praises was vaporized BY Illidan in what is probably the most hypocritical move ever committed in a cinematic (Sacrifices must be made! What? My destiny? No deal! DIE).

He was fine sacrificing the lives of other elves but has no interest in surrendering his "destiny."

Malfurion knows him better than Velen.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    To be fair, there is yet to be something that doesn't trigger pretty bad response from tyrande.
    Yeah, if you came and said, as a non-nelf, that they'd like to learn more about Elune, she'd prob just go ''AND WHY IS THAT!?''
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

I was also expecting a more touching moment. At least we got one kind of indirectly when you go to that pond and see the three of them sitting on a bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It's also expected of a villain to be villainous. Malfurion knew better than to run off in a rage, especially knowing Xavius was the one he was dealing with - He knew what Xavius was capable of, and he knew running off alone was exactly what Xavius wanted to get out of him.

He ran, knowingly, into a trap. He can be partially blamed for the subsequent results of the rescue mission, even if Xavius himself was the one that struck the blow.
    You CAN partially blame him, if you really want to. But "villains are expected to be villainous" is a lame excuse for blaming a hero for a poor rescue strategy. The villain is to blame.

I'd be fine if Malfurion was offed. He got my favorite Dragon Aspect murdered with his fucking idiotic decisions. I'd kill him myself given half a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Growel View Post
    I think it was Xavius' fault that Ysera was killed.
    Xavius may have been the one doing Ysera's corruption and therefor starting her downfall but Malfurion started the whole chain of event when he rushed of in blind anger after Cenarius's corruption.

You'd think he'd be wiser by now, having almost wiped out any entire night elf army out of grief when Tyrande was captured in the War of the Ancients.

Also, his one-minded care for Tyrande over Kalimdor and his people is just weak.

So yes, Illidan may have been the more villanous of the two but in the end he's always come out more stronger in person and spirit.

i would hate my brother too if he wanted to bang my girl

It's because they know him. Illidan is a shifty, untrustworthy dude. That was part of what made him a great character before Legion turned him into the messiah.

Also he doesn't sacrifice himself. He has no other purpose after the Burning Legion goes down. Remember what he said to Maiev in Black Temple? The same applies to him and the Legion.
    Last edited by Niroshi; 2018-03-02 at 08:50 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I found Tyrande's and Malfurion's responses to be realistic to how these kinds of relationships are in life - it's telling that Illidan never made an effort to visit his brother or Tyrande, and neither did they seek him out before he made his way to Argus never to return.
    I think none of them wanted to visit each other. Remember that Malfurion banished Illidan from Kalimdor. And Tyrande has already made her choice regarding her love.
    Night elves will never tolerate magic users considering what Azshara did and they see magic as a form of unstable power that corrupts and destroys more than it creates. After they saw Illidan consume the skull of Gul'dan to become half-demon in order to fight Tichondrius Malfurion banished him and Tyrande rejected him since they couldn't find an ally in him. They never approved of his methods. Malfurion and Tyrande can't forgive him for what he has done. They will never approve of his way of fighting fire with fire. They will always belive in nature finds a way. They can't be changed sadly...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    If you've not yet completed antorus, or not looked at spoilers, then don't bother reading on if that bothers you, not putting a spoiler tag up for this.

At the end of the raid, after Illidan sacrifices himself to become the warden of Sargeras on the seat of the Pantheon, in an ironic twist much like how Maiev was his warden for years, but in the final choice, he gives the player letters to give to Malfurion and Tyrande, him pretty much trying to make peace with them, and hoping they understand his choices.

But neither of them do, instead both of them come off as bitter, whining thespians, who can't take a moment to regard the choices he made and just dismiss what he did. Now I expected this from Tyrande, as she is just that kind of bitter character, but also he might have picked up on such advances he made towards her, and she being now an old married wife, she may have stopped any feeling for him in that regard, which was sort of there thousands of years ago, according to war of the ancients.

But Malfurion, this honestly pissed me off more then Tyrandes reaction. He's meant to be the older, wiser brother, he's obviously never agreed with the choices Illidan made, but his reaction to the letter, knowing now what he did and how he's just saved azeroth from a terrible fate, instead he just dismisses it, not even some quite contemplation or a thank you.

What gripes me more is how at the end, when we see Velen and Illidans interaction in the cinematic, it is so obvious Velen is giving his respect to Illidan, despite there ways of dealing with things polar opposite, he gave him respect and his blessing, showing he knows the sacrifices he made to stand against Sargeras and what he gave up to keep Azeroth safe.

Fact that Velen got this, and his own brother didn't, it just makes Malfurion look like a petty character.
    Well before Legion and before they tried to make Illidan out be some altruistic anti-hero, his motives were pretty black and white... it was all bout Illidan, all about more power, and his entire race be damned in the process. I don't buy his altruistic motives personally... I think he's still a dick.

Malfurion, has always had this sort of cold detachment. So given the fact that his brother behaves like a douche, wants to fuck his girl, and has no limits to what he is willing to sacrifice, I'd say his feelings are appropriate.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    It's because they know him. Illidan is a shifty, untrustworthy dude. That was part of what made him a great character before Legion turned him into the messiah.

Also he doesn't sacrifice himself. He has no other purpose after the Burning Legion goes down. Remember what he said to Maiev in Black Temple? The same applies to him and the Legion.
    I don't see Illidan that foolish. Remember that Legion invaded Azeroth 3 times already. Remember that Sargeras defeated the whole Pantheon one by one. Maybe other demons will try to save him. Maybe he wants to use Sargeras to track down these remaining demons. But he also knows that Sargeras might slip again and return his crusade. Him staying behind is his redemption story as the anti-hero that did everything to stop the Burning Legion. As the sole guardian that could've returned to a normal life but choose not to and instead become the jailor of Sargeras as a last tribute to the Night Elves. Plus he would only cause more trouble on Azeroth as always :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    I'd be fine if Malfurion was offed. He got my favorite Dragon Aspect murdered with his fucking idiotic decisions. I'd kill him myself given half a chance.
    I agree, We dont need Malfurion, Tyrande was a stronger character when he was asleep. I think Malfurion should have been a boss in the Emerald Nightmare, or Ysera should not have died and instead could have been a boss and then Malfurion could have sacrificed himself to bring her back.

Let Tyrande grieve and then come back stronger, developing her character into a more of a leader and less co-dependent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Malfurion's response wasn't too bad. Tyrande on the other hand.
    Pretty much. It wasn't great but it was bearable. Tyrande, as usual, managed to come up with a response that made her outright irritating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

What gripes me more is how at the end, when we see Velen and Illidans interaction in the cinematic, it is so obvious Velen is giving his respect to Illidan, despite there ways of dealing with things polar opposite, he gave him respect and his blessing, showing he knows the sacrifices he made to stand against Sargeras and what he gave up to keep Azeroth safe.

Fact that Velen got this, and his own brother didn't, it just makes Malfurion look like a petty character.
    Yeah, that last bit between Illidan and Velen was very touching. Fire-forged friends indeed. That whole chain pissed me off to no end. Tyrande was like 'pretty words, I wonder if he meant any of them' and Malfurion was like 'so what he still did terrible crimes.'
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is a petty character. It's part of his character. He was always the preachy idealist to his brother's hard rationalism. In fact, most modern night elves follow his example. I Don't know why you are upset, not every character is a saint. We can have good characters that are bad people. Malfurion is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    They don't believe him... To be honest after seeing him saying "At last" and gripping glaives while looking at Sargeras I think they could be right... Why? Because maybe Illidan wants to stole Sargeras power/knowledge/anything for his own.

That's just stupid, totally non-sense theory, but still they didn't kill him off/didn't let him sacrifice his life to end Argus/Sargeras, he's still alive... Something is not quite right.
    The first time Illidan encountered Sargeras the latter tortured him with horrible visions of thousands of destroyed worlds to try to break him while burning out his eyes. For Illidan finally being face to face with Sargeras again is not only helping Azeroth, but giving Illidan his own chance at closure against the enemy who basically defined him.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Tyrande and Malfurion are horrible characters

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like Tyrande's reaction more, but yeah both of their reactions to Illidan was utter shite. Illidan deserved a better brother and love interest (aka Velen and Maiev).

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Malfurion is just worried his world saving high score will be beaten by his cooler looking brother. Now that Illidan saved the world from Burning Legion, nothing but stopping the Void lords will let Malfurion sleep peacefully again.