Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone else really enjoying leveling their allied race?

I wasn’t too excited about allied races before, but I decided to go ahead and make my Lightforged Draenei, because why not? After starting the leveling process, I noticed at level 40 that some of the starting zones, like Bloodmyst Isle for Draenei, were available all the way up to 60, which I thought I was pretty cool. This gives the player a creative way to customize their leveling experience, as you’re no longer restricted to level specific zones.

On paper, I wasn’t too thrilled with Lightforged racials, but having a holy nuke every 2 min actually feels pretty awesome. It’s a nice change from some of the simple stat bonuses I’m used to with my other alts.

Anyways, what do you think? How is your allied race leveling going, and what changes would you prefer being made with leveling in general?
    Stoneskin, Mana Spring, Wrath of Air, Totem of Wrath...

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtsinchaos View Post
    I wasn’t too excited about allied races before, but I decided to go ahead and make my Lightforged Draenei, because why not? After starting the leveling process, I noticed at level 40 that some of the starting zones, like Bloodmyst Isle for Draenei, were available all the way up to 60, which I thought I was pretty cool. This gives the player a creative way to customize their leveling experience, as you’re no longer restricted to level specific zones.

On paper, I wasn’t too thrilled with Lightforged racials, but having a holy nuke every 2 min actually feels pretty awesome. It’s a nice change from some of the simple stat bonuses I’m used to with my other alts.

Anyways, what do you think? How is your allied race leveling going, and what changes would you prefer being made with leveling in general?
    I only started enjoying once I got to MoP content. I guess it's because I could get from point A to point B much quicker with the faster flying. I do love the fact that Jade forest took me from 80 to 86 though.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only when they make Zandalari and Blackrock Orcs avaliable

>:|

10+ Year Old Account
    yup just 9 more levels to go! I really enjoyed finishing Vanilla zones. 60-80 was a major slog though. Northrend and BC zones are fun in their own ways but they still lots of traveling. A remnant from the old design philosophy. MoP/WoD picked it up again for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fully enjoyed leveling my nightborne mage up 110, the heritage armor looks beatifull on her.
    I recommend vanilla content fully, outland and northrend not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    yup just 9 more levels to go! I really enjoyed finishing Vanilla zones. 60-80 was a major slog though. Northrend and BC zones are fun in their own ways but they still lots of traveling. A remnant from the old design philosophy. MoP/WoD picked it up again for me.
    Looking back, yeah I liked the Vanilla deal where I could go to different zones.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

casual leveling my mage, it was the only class i did not have yet at 110
    so far so good....

but taking it slowly, I am in no rush I have a few months to do the mage + legion campaign/mount thats really all I will end up doing with it

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtsinchaos View Post

No interesting race so far, waiting on Zandalari to make a turtle on crack I think.

had a great time with my lightforged mage, until I reached 60 and had to go outland/northrend. I wont even log the character anymore, im not ready for that lol.

WIsh I could do 1-100 in Kalimdor/Eastern K.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I am not leveling my Allied races as much. I am more overly enjoying the fact that I have room to make more characters in general.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Most casuals are still playing while the hardcore players are on break.

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    Fun as usual.

Far slower than before, but the optional paths are atleast cool.

Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    I fully enjoyed leveling my nightborne mage up 110, the heritage armor looks beatifull on her.
    I recommend vanilla content fully, outland and northrend not so much.
    There is no vanilla content its all cata content.

Also am not enjoying leveling them, good thing 90-100 only takes a few hours and 100-110 can be cheesed by only doing invasions if you aren't in a rush.

10+ Year Old Account
    you're right, still I recommend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    1-60 pretty cool (Did stonetalon -> southern barrens -> desolace -> feralas -> thousand needles-> then dinged 60 1/2 way through tanaris)
    60-80 snooze (Did borean tundra then 3/4 of hellfire)
    80-90 cool again although only got to finish 1 cata zone and didn't even get a chance at any mop content.
    90-100 went incredibly quick again and managed to get to 100 just as i finished the last frostfire story quest.
    110 finished Azsuna and half of stormheim then hit cap

All in all it was worth doing it one more time but just for the memories, couldn't imagine leveling multiple allied races though without at least half a year break in between.

I want to.....but I'm still grinding the needed rep. I wonder if the rep gate will go away when BfA launches...

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, even spending a lot of time in Outland, doing solo TBC dungeons and dungeon questlines that send you to said dungeons. So far almost 85 and haven't set foot in Cata/MoP.

I did terokkar from like 62-69, Shadowmoon till 74, then solo heroic TBC dungeons till 81, then normal TBC dungeons, + some quests/pet battles/battlegrounds across the board.

Shadowmoon valley isn't really a great pure questing zone, but if you plan to do elites/dungeons, on a class like a hunter, it's a nice varied experience.

Last time I did quest there was 2008 so nostalgia + transmogs from the elite quests, it was nice to do them at-level as a hunter.

With the expanded level brackets you can also do things like dailies while leveling, something wasn't possible before, or would get terrible xp when over-leveled. Being 1-2 levels over an expansion cap isn't as bad as before, before 7.3.5 it was an instant 75% xp reduction, now it's more gradual.

And yes, even Pet battles are worth doing, with appropriate pets, level 20-25 battles actually grant over 12-18k xp, trainer quests also give xp for battle , on top of the quest xp.

It's not a race, it's about enjoyment and unlocking transmogs for me, certainly don't have each and every quest done 4+ times. (4 armor types).

Scaling also allows more diverse zone choices and staying over-level isn't as rough on XP as before.

Without scaling, the leveling was way too narrow. I do hope WoD+Legion eventually will be the 90-110 bracket.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-02 at 11:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I went from un'goro to azshara on my nightborne warlock and i am loving it.

Also loving the fact that I will no longer EVER have to do outlands again

From 20 to 60 in Vanilla, I think it was a pain from 20 to 40, from 40 to 58 it was fun.
    I went to Outland Thrallmar 58, I saw that pile of pvp corspe and said fuck it, and went to Borean Tundra.
    And I need to go somewhere else, I hate that place.
    So my High Mountain Warrior's cool, but leveling is meeh , I love the warrior , I want to play end game naaaow.

It was fun. Im used to rerolling so I've seen most of the game and know the content almost by heart.

I liked the lvl flexibility of the zones. Meaning you have way more options for zones and IMO its great. It allows you to complete an area and still gain good experience. It was enjoyable and I like this change.

BC (60-70) went fast, I used my old lvling patern (hellfire pen to 64, then Nagrand to 68 and finish whats left in Netherstorm up to 70, its been a while for Netherstorm so it was nice to go farther this time).
    WotLK: 70-80 went fast too. I liked that from lvl60 I could go there right away, but I couldnt help bu continue in BC on lvl70 to compare the lvling speed. I cleaned Scholazar (a classic and lots of quest) and finished in the Storm Peaks and I was done. Being able to fly right away was a big plus.
    Cata: 80-85. It was a joke. I completed Hyjal, then not even half of the Twilight Highlands and I was done.
    MoP: Was always fast, still is. Even more since we can now fly right away. After the intro quests in Jade Forest, went to Four Winds valley for the quest in the east, then finished in Kun-Lai and I was already 90 without noticing it.
    WoD: Intro quest, Shadowmoon almost cleared, picked a few random quests where I knew I could get decent trinket then finished in Nagrand. Done
    Legion: Went ok, lost time to unlock main questline and such + crafting jobs, but I went from 103 to 110 in a single afternoon.

My Lightforged ProtPal is now 920 ilvl. Almost completed my class quests and main storyline. The Light's judgement racial is ok, but as someone mentionned its fun to have a new attack to complement your class. I can it up to 4M on crits fully buffed with my current gear (if it crits). Works wonder on packed mob groups (mostly caster as they can pack on top of each others, while melee tends to be more spread) and its great for pulling bosses/last minute adds as a good initial burst. An ok tool.

A paladin can't have enough of Light and Judgement stuff.
    Last edited by Ravingmad; 2018-03-03 at 12:05 AM.