Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    If the mission system is that unimportant, then why does it exist?
    Because it drives Blizzard's favourite metrics: Daily Active Users and Monthly Active Users.
    i wish i had the power/money to make that fucking metric go away for good.

a world where every time some weaselly looking suited up piece of shit opens their mouth about MAU's and scummy practices to get them up, there's a team of thugs in the meeting to drag them out back and beat them.

that'd be a good world. a world with only good games.

goddamn i hate businessmen.

So Alliance gets John J. Keeshan as a follower. This guy, together with Harrison Jones, are probably the worst characters they ever came up with.
    Some quirky pop culture reference in a minor side quest is fine, but both of them got a whole zone each dedicated to them.

And Blizz keeps on using them. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    So Alliance gets John J. Keeshan as a follower. This guy, together with Harrison Jones, are probably the worst characters they ever came up with.
    Some quirky pop culture reference in a minor side quest is fine, but both of them got a whole zone each dedicated to them.

Keeshan's fine, but screw Jones

I'm still bitter over Uldum being 25% worthwhile story, 75% shitty Raiders parody

Agreed and I love Rambo and Indiana Jones. It’s like yeah we get the reference, haha, can we move along?

Oh there’s another one

And another

..Alright

- - - Updated - - -

Chopping up the dude with the plane propeller is classic, though

TBH: Anduin's entire character is based on Frodo's personality from LOTR.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Keeshan's fine, but screw Jones

I'm still bitter over Uldum being 25% worthwhile story, 75% shitty Raiders parody
    I remember Uldum was one of the zones people were realy looking forward to.. pre cata the speculation on that giant cave/opening to Uldum ( which we had no clue about) was insane. I liked the egypt style and pharaoh stuff, but was ruined so many ways. Zuldazar with the Astec hook to it has some new excitement if you look at a theme.

Deleted
    I loved Uldum, even with the Harrison Jones stuff, but I would have liked some more actual Tol'vir and Titan story. We got some of that delivered in the chronicle, but I would have been much nicer to see it ingame. Like... if Jones hadn't just crashed the statues in the first part of the quest, but we had actually found out more about them and how that sun moon stars stuff works, what it stands for and all of that, because that might bring us closer to understanding more about the spiritual world of WoW and its symbolism.
    And the Tol'vir and how they are connected to those symbols... all this stuff was just kind of standing around in the landscape and the Tol'vir were like 'yea, it's there. It's bad if it comes alive and it's bad if it breaks.'
    More depth would have been nice, along with the funny quests.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Who is Sam in WoW then?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Who is Sam in WoW then?
    Wrathion obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Who is Sam in WoW then?
    WC2-era Turalyon, when he had his Light impotence.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    That's not really the same thing. Like, at all. The ones mentioned are references so blatant they hurt.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2018-03-03 at 10:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just had a thought... we know that the big tree is now ashes and Lordaeron retaken by the alliance...

What if, and hear me out, in a 8.X patch we get to fight for the last bastions in the other continent. alliance get to defend the Exodar and the horde defends Silvermoon City. But that's not the only thing important, what if they update the entire zones, connect it or phase it with their respective world maps and make it flyable, with better models/textures.

I can see this happening.
    [/URL]

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    I just had a thought... we know that the big tree is now ashes and Lordaeron retaken by the alliance...

What if, and hear me out, in a 8.X patch we get to fight for the last bastions in the other continent. alliance get to defend the Exodar and the horde defends Silvermoon City. But that's not the only thing important, what if they update the entire zones, connect it or phase it with their respective world maps and make it flyable, with better models/textures.

I could see Blizz making them into warfronts. I don't see them updating them and pulling them into the old world.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i wish i had the power/money to make that fucking metric go away for good.

a world where every time some weaselly looking suited up piece of shit opens their mouth about MAU's and scummy practices to get them up, there's a team of thugs in the meeting to drag them out back and beat them.

that'd be a good world. a world with only good games.

goddamn i hate businessmen.
    It would help if your reasons were actually valid.

You lose nothing if you dont do em but u get something if u do. It takes mere seconds out of your day to do and you are rewarded if you pay the slightest attention to it.

Its great how in systems like this, just like in dragon age you get rewarded for logging off.

The idea that it shouldnt exist because its not interactive is bullshit. Having time gated story quests make sense and actually doing quests to collect followers and upgrade them via killing rares or turning in supplies is way more interactive than just...waiting a week for a quest to activate on reset.

I literally made sure to do invasions on my fresh 100 so i could get shards to buy an xp boost item so i could give my followers equipment to get me better rewards.

You people are so backwards. Ppl are willing to leave the game for 30 minutes to go read on some 3rd party website which is bis or fix your rotation and understand your stats but u dont want to spend 30 seconds deciding what daily reward you are going to get through your earned followers? Its free stuff u get for playing the game and not the slightest inconvenient
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post

I'd say it's unlikely given where the plot is going in BFA. Nice as it is, no way we're staying in the faction war narrative for very long.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I think Keeshan is fine. Yeah, he's obviously an over the top parody, but his story fit it. The main beef many have with Jones is that we had this new zone choke full of potentially interesting lore, and all we do is follow this doofus around while he's fighting goblin Nazis. It's like if you go to Zandalar and the entire thing is a shameless parody of The Emperor's New Groove instead have an interesting story in its own right with some references sprinkled in like it seems to be.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I think Keeshan is fine. Yeah, he's obviously an over the top parody, but his story fit it. The main beef many have with Jones is that we had this new zone choke full of potentially interesting lore, and all we do is follow this doofus around while he's fighting goblin Nazis. It's like if you go to Zandalar and the entire thing is a shameless parody of The Emperor's New Groove instead have an interesting story in its own right with some references sprinkled in like it seems to be.
    Keeshan is fine because he was never created to be a serious character. His entire questline is stupid, over the top, and clearly a big lipped aligator moment while leveling. And he's never appeared in a major role since.

Harrison Jones, and by extension Brann Bronzebeard, actually have been used seriously in the past. Then suddenly they get this zone that's also a stupid, over the top, big lipped aligator moment and it feels out of character for them both.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

So they teased Thrall being a major character in BfA...

So far... there's nothing on him. Not a peep. I want him to be Warchief again...

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The irony. Blizzard said there is only one Alliance.

I can not explain how hilarious it is that over 10 years later people are still mad that the Blood elves blame the Alliance for Garithos, and judge them for him.
    The New Alliance isn't a second alliance. It's a small force of soldiers WITHIN the Alliance. Are you stupid? Blaming the entire Alliance for something their leader does is like blaming the entire horde for something a small force of soldiers within the Horde does, like for example the various small forces within the Forsaken that keeps doing experiments with the blight even after the Horde banned the use of it.

Oh and by the way, the Horde did far worse things to the Elves than Garithos ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    The New Alliance isn't a second alliance. It's a small force of soldiers WITHIN the Alliance. Are you stupid? Blaming the entire Alliance for something their leader does is like blaming the entire horde for something a small force of soldiers within the Horde does, like for example the various small forces within the Forsaken that keeps doing experiments with the blight even after the Horde banned the use of it.

Oh and by the way, the Horde did far worse things to the Elves than Garithos ever did.
    You mean like Jaina is blaming the Horde for Theramore?