Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Tell that to the multiple globes throughout the game that have the continents on one side of the globe, with a vast ocean on the other.
    So the globes show nothing and its all in your head. Ok then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    They could make entire continents out of any area they want. It's also inaccurate to say that we've been to all islands on Azeroth - we still haven't gone to Tel'Abim, Plunder Isle, remnants of the Darkspear Islands, and they could use inspiration from the RPG to make Hiji in WoW. Some places that appeared in novels and previous games briefly could be expanded upon, like the Ominous island and Zul'Dare. Plenty of players have also wanted the Dragon Isles in WoW. Some of those could be island expeditions in BfA, or they could make any of those in any future expansion. Pandaria was simply an island in the RPG before MoP, and it became an entire continent with a rich history.

We also haven't explored all of Azeroth. Until Legion, we previously thought that Northrend was the northernmost point on Azeroth, until the Lost Glacier was introduced in the DK mount campaign. It has always been assumed that there is more south of Pandaria, making the South Seas the equator of Azeroth. This is assumed because Krasarang is a tropical temperature naturally, unlike Quel'thalas, which should be cold, but has had ward to make it warm there. There could be any number of things on Azeroth that we haven't seen (or they haven't made up yet), and it would still fit into the story. Not everything has to crowd the Great Sea.

On top of that, there could be any number of worlds, realms, and continents on other worlds that we could see. There's still Farah'lon and the southwestern continent on Draenor. K'aresh wasn't entirely destroyed (because the Ethereals fought Dimensius there after he blew it up and they became ethereals). There are also worlds that were mentioned to still be around, like Karkora and Nihilam.
    Bannana island doesnt hold the same value as zandalar or kul tiras.

Nevermind that the darkspear islands were sank. They dont exist anymore

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    semi related
    I am beginning to become a little bit anxious about BFA being a filler expansion like wod
    Yeah, I'm getting that feeling, too. But as long as they keep producing content and plan things out for BFA's lifetime, it won't be as bad as WoD's more important problem: it had 1 content patch and then they gave up on the story and tried to wrap everything up in a big mess to move on to Legion.

It's bound to happen so yeah

Why is that a bad thing? Most of the pandria stuff was pulled out of their asses and i really liked that expansion

MoP was one of the best expansions for the creation of new story.

If anything, I'd rather go to whisked out of thin air places that are given a similar amount of creative care.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    So the globes show nothing and its all in your head. Ok then
    ...have you...have you played this game? The Azeroth globe in Ulduar doesn't have Pandaria on it, nor does it have the Broken Isles or any other island in between the continents. The devs admitted when asked that Pandaria wasn't planned that far ahead.

Apply that logic here. It's not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Bannana island doesnt hold the same value as zandalar or kul tiras.

Nevermind that the darkspear islands were sank. They dont exist anymore
    The point is, they can make up whatever value they want to.

And, no, the islands didn't sink. The Darkspear Islands had an active volcano, which the sea witch did set off, which prompted Thrall to help evacuate the trolls. However, several months later, Gadrin, Vol'jin and Zalazane (among others) left the island to join the others on Kalimdor. Similar to Kezan, which is a dungeon next expansion. The Darkspear Islands are abandoned, yes, but they were hospitable long enough for Vol'jin and Zalazane to continue their journey in First Home among the loa without any trouble.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by ThtOneGuy View Post
    "out-of-the-blue entire civilizations cropping up into the lore?"

Out-of-the-blue? Zandalar and Kul Tiras have been in the been in the lore for quite some time.
    Thread: Are you prepared for "made up on the spot" landmasses after BfA?
    C'mon, man...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Unlike all the real landmasses we already have...
    Is this a "I came to the lore section of a forum dedicated to World of Warcraft and acted pedantic of what the word 'real' means comment?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Only a little? The warning signs were all there, especially with the whole "Look at these new allied races that totally aren't just those models we spent so much money on in WoD tossed into Blender and got some particle effects with a grind attached to unlocking them".

And especially with the main-plot being the normally sub-plot faction war like how WoD's main-plot was time travel (Or unity toward the end? WoD was shit tbh) which is normally a sub-plot.
    "Filler expansion" has no real basis in Blizzard's design process. It was coined during WoD which was just an utter garbage fire expansion, which is almost entirely the fault of Blizzard testing new game design systems (Garrison) and potentially from the 40% upscale of the World of Warcraft team.

Still, it was a shit expansion, but makes no sense to call it "filler".

10+ Year Old Account
    That's how the creative proccess works. I mean, even in the first days of Warcraft, that's how it was made.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Looking forward to Southrend and the upside down Scourge menace.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    semi related
    I am beginning to become a little bit anxious about BFA being a filler expansion like wod
    Fair question to you sir.... Why would you care if it was? As long as it had some new content and maintained the Legion status quo. It just would mean they're working on the next great expansion to be released quickly in the background.

Personally, I don't think it will be. I think BfA will have some hidden depths or a plot twist moment that will spin it off into something more... But, if it was, cool!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    Or we explore the SHADOW version of Azeroth where everything is different and wacky!

Who knows man, it wouldn't even be the end of the world if they made up new continents for expansions.
    Shadow Azeroth sounds cool!

Also, it should be noted that when looking at the back of Azeroth from Draenor, the "rear" of the planet is covered in a very large storm cloud / blackness.... So there could easily be something there.
    Last edited by Byleth; 2018-03-03 at 03:31 AM.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, it should be noted that when looking at the back of Azeroth from Draenor, the "rear" of the planet is covered in a very large storm cloud / blackness.... So there could easily be something there.
    I mean there are clouds everywhere on a planet(Azeroth and Earth) so it's no surprise it's like that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They can whip continents out of thin air if they want to. Mention them in a few obscure places beforehand if you want people on forums to not whine about them being asspulls, and then just go ahead and add them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I mean there are clouds everywhere on a planet(Azeroth and Earth) so it's no surprise it's like that.
    Fair point.

But this is an MMO, and an entire side of the planet, which we've never seen being shrouded in cloud (always) is pretty telling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    I actually suspect that we'll go inside the planet and travel to its core.
    this would make sense considering the giant sword corrupting the inside of azeroth?
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    No, they still have known islands they could use..or cut land masses they could use.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    this would make sense considering the giant sword corrupting the inside of azeroth?
    I'm thinking there's a good chance of this happening in BfA itself as an Argus style patch.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    I'm thinking there's a good chance of this happening in BfA itself as an Argus style patch.
    I personally think BfA's Argus/Tanaan/Timeless Isle theme park zone is going to be Plunder Isle or Ny'alotha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post
    I personally don't enjoy the Void or other planets that much, if they're related to another world ending faction.

I'm prefering more and new continents on Azeroth, maybe with totally new Human Kingdoms on them, other Night Elf and Dwarven Factions etc etc etc, who can be used for longtime Lore, with their own goals and plans. Not necessarily enemies either all the time. And they still can bring in the magical flavor. Blizzard has so many options here. I mean, Northrend doesn't have to be the Northend the "North Pole" as well as Pandaria doesn't have to be something like a "South Pole". I would love it if Blizzard goes all in on new continents. Maybe even bring in a part of a bigger landmass with borders you can't cross in one addon, but it is hinted that behind this enormous endless steppes, there are other lands and kingdoms, but if you ride or fly too deep into this steppe, you're killed by an enormous Horde of Mongolian like Centaurs or if you try to climb the Mountainpasses, because there are rumours that behind these are more lands too, you're are shredded by massive, humanoid, beautiful, but evil Ice Giants. So they could expand the mass and number of regions of a certain continent with another expansion. That would be awesome.

Or something like the Seven Human Kingdoms in their prime send fleets out into the eastern seas to explore these, whole expeditions. But they got lost and never returned and in the end, the humans in the Eastern Kingdoms thought they all died. But thats not what happened. They reached another continent and managed to settle and thrive, but they couldn't return because of some magic shenanigans on the seas. So you can sail into these seas and find things, but you can't sail back and find your way out. So these different expeditions of Lordaeron, Alterac, Gilneas etc etc settled on a new continent and with time, built their own separate Kingdoms, warring with eachother or against other races they meet. It would a neat way, without time travel shenanigans, to explore a version of the Seven Human Kingdoms, which was never invaded or confronted by the Orcish Horde. An old statement from Blizzard was, that there would have been war at some point between the different human kingdoms in the Eastern Kingdoms, if the Horde never invaded. Why not explore something like that on another continent. Hopefully without commiting genocide on these new human kingdoms, so they could play a role in the future still. And of course there could also be other races, like Dwarves, Qiraji, Aqir, Ogre, Centaur, Night Elves, Giants, Trolls and Orcs too and hopefully some completely new factions as well.

What i also like to see is more compared to a Void planet or something like that is the Underworld of Azeroth. And if there is an underworld of Azeroth, there could be as much landmass or even much more compared to the surface. So more room for expansions too.

I'm all in for increasing the world of Azeroth.

That would be awesome. I mean, there has to be something going on under the surface of Azeroth. There must be forces, maybe created by the Titans and maybe others, naturally evolved, who contest, stop and fight the Faceless Ones and Qiraji and Aqir beneath the world. Otherwise, not much would stop them to dig deep into Azeroth until they reach the core. And i doubt there was an option for the Titans to envelop the Titan Soul of Azeroth with an impenetrable shield of some sort. The underworld of Azeroth has so much potential.
    My dream expansion that I'd absolutely LOVE to see is another continent far from the current continents that features some of the races we're familiar with, but their cultures are MASSIVELY different.

For example, a civilization of Goblins whose ancestors sailed away from Kalimdor around the time of the Sundering, before they became hugely mutated from the Kaja'mite, and when we encounter them they are almost druidic, shamanistic in nature. Imagine a civilization of Goblins preaching to us like Gandhi and respecting the trees and nature because they're so wildly different from the Goblins we know today.

Or a "tribe" of humans because they never quite got a grasp on masonry and organized religion or politics, and they basically live like Tauren.

It'd be such a wild and fun expansion, and completely plausible if you look at how real life humanity is so varied.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    ...have you...have you played this game? The Azeroth globe in Ulduar doesn't have Pandaria on it, nor does it have the Broken Isles or any other island in between the continents. The devs admitted when asked that Pandaria wasn't planned that far ahead.

Apply that logic here. It's not hard.
    Pandaria was shrouded in mists every other location has existed pre WoW. Ok then buh bye

Also see chronicle. Guess what the definitive world map is

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    The point is, they can make up whatever value they want to.

And, no, the islands didn't sink. The Darkspear Islands had an active volcano, which the sea witch did set off, which prompted Thrall to help evacuate the trolls. However, several months later, Gadrin, Vol'jin and Zalazane (among others) left the island to join the others on Kalimdor. Similar to Kezan, which is a dungeon next expansion. The Darkspear Islands are abandoned, yes, but they were hospitable long enough for Vol'jin and Zalazane to continue their journey in First Home among the loa without any trouble.
    Except they dont make up whatever they want

Which is why bfa uses zandalar. Kultiras. Prophet zul. Azshara and nzoth.

Have fun believeing otherwise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I personally think BfA's Argus/Tanaan/Timeless Isle theme park zone is going to be Plunder Isle or Ny'alotha.
    I mean yes, there's a very good chance of that too.