Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Bitten by a giant desert centipede

So been watching this channel for a while and can't believe how willing Coyote is to allow so many dangerous insects and animals bite/sting him. You can tell he's from Ohio.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I only started watching because I think he's kinda hot in a way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes my skin crawl watching

10+ Year Old Account
    Coyote Peterson is the man.

He says he's got a fear of those creatures, and they're one of few beasts that he can't shake his feelings of dread for.

Um... I beg to DIFFER!! I got a fear of centipedes, I can't shake the feelings of dread that they instill within me, and I would NOT capture 1 and allow it to BITE me!!!

I would run away screaming like a little boy, then order in a napalm strike against the general area where I saw the spawn of evil!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    He says he's got a fear of those creatures, and they're one of few beasts that he can't shake his feelings of dread for.

Um... I beg to DIFFER!! I got a fear of centipedes, I can't shake the feelings of dread that they instill within me, and I would NOT capture 1 and allow it to BITE me!!!

I would run away screaming like a little boy, then order in a napalm strike against the general area where I saw the spawn of evil!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

i love watching this dude. especially the episodes with lizards, cause i absolutely adore lizards.

He's like Steve Irwin except more entertaining and less of a twat.

And it's good to do so, because a bite from a centipede can actually kill, their toxin can be lethal for children or people with certain medical conditions.
    Not long ago I read something about a child dying from the bite of a centipede. They are actually NOT harmless.

I have been binging his videos lately, partially because I cannot fathom why anyone would willingly let themselves be stung by some of the most venomous beings on the planet and partially because it amuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I have been binging his videos lately, partially because I cannot fathom why anyone would willingly let themselves be stung by some of the most venomous beings on the planet and partially because it amuses me.
    That man just hit the source, we didnt watched Steve Irwin for his nice face and the nature, we fucking wanted him get eaten by a croc and that live on TV.
    I mean who wasnt a bit down after hearing about his death from a fucking stingray.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I only started watching because I think he's kinda hot in a way.
    He's a handsome dude yeah... not why I watch his stuff but yeah

edit: I enjoy his videos and the bites/stings but he does seem like he's exaggerating sometimes. Not that I've been bitten/stung by even a fraction of what he has but seems over the top sometimes unless his pain tolerance is really that low then its understandable.
    Last edited by Dug; 2018-03-03 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post

edit: I enjoy his videos and the bites/stings but he does seem like he's exaggerating sometimes. Not that I've been bitten/stung by even a fraction of what he has but seems over the top sometimes unless his pain tolerance is really that low then its understandable.
    Haven't watched any of his videos, but he's likely not exaggerating for effect at all. The venom of these animals is indeed capable of inflicting that much pain. The Bullet Ant and Spider Hawk, for example, are among the highest Schmidt Pain Index. Like getting electrocuted.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schm...ing_pain_index

Centipedes are well up there on the "don't fuck with me" scale too. Makes me wonder what the fuck this guy is hoping to accomplish. People have already done this "research".
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Why is this video 18 minutes long?

I opened it, skipped to the 14 minute mark, watched the bite (looks extremely painful), watched the guy roll around like a bitch for the cameras, then he gets the anti-venom and walks away.

So yea, that would suck to have happen. Could've been a small sized gif file and it would've sent the same message.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

15+ Year Old Account

Amen to that!

I'd probably double tap the area with Napalm just to be sure!
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post

I've been bitten by one of those giant red centipedes, which I imagine don't have a bite nearly as bad as the giant desert one.

It made me cry for an hour. Fuck centipedes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Haven't watched any of his videos, but he's likely not exaggerating for effect at all. The venom of these animals is indeed capable of inflicting that much pain. The Bullet Ant and Spider Hawk, for example, are among the highest Schmidt Pain Index. Like getting electrocuted.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schm...ing_pain_index

Centipedes are well up there on the "don't fuck with me" scale too. Makes me wonder what the fuck this guy is hoping to accomplish. People have already done this "research".
    I'm not disagreeing that they're extremely painful but I've seen other videos of people being bitten by these species and they don't scream and writhe around in pain. At least not to the extent that Coyote does. So I'm just assuming either those people must have a higher pain tolerance or Coyote has a lower one... or he's exaggerating (still in lots of pain mind you) for the cameras and dramatic effect. Either way even if the "research" lol has been done more doesn't hurt (HAH!)

Though lvl 4 and above I'll believe for sure that they're that painful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    I've been bitten by one of those giant red centipedes, which I imagine don't have a bite nearly as bad as the giant desert one.

It made me cry for an hour. Fuck centipedes.
    My condolences my worst was some type of wasp stung me between my fingers. Was a solid half hour of pain and then dull aches as I guess the venom spread through my body. Almost all of my joints had this aching feeling. Especially bad in my elbows

People do really stupid shit to be famous or even just notorious. Which I've never understood because being famous/notorious is actually a terrible burden and completely not worth it. I'd far prefer to be fantastically wealthy and completely unknown.

My opinion after walking into the thread and seeing the video thumbnail:

Pretty freaking disgusting. Why the hell would anyone do this? Or even watch this crap? Gonna nope on outta here now.