Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The female cat doesn't get in heat anymore and will just beat the living crap out of him most likely if he tries... if he even tries. That is actually the least consideration here .
    I think you seem to be assuming that just because mating with her wouldn't work he won't try, if that were true then male cats wouldn't rape stuffed animals. It's not a case of if he tries but how often, and getting him neutered will be a lot kinder to him than if she pops his eyeball or something.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I think you seem to be assuming that just because mating with her wouldn't work he won't try, if that were true then male cats wouldn't rape stuffed animals. It's not a case of if he tries but how often, and getting him neutered will be a lot kinder to him than if she pops his eyeball or something.
    Of course it depends on the cat in question, but with mine a soft slap from the female was enough to make him stop. They both know the game. He got his revenge humping all of our blankets though, and that still happens years after he was castrated.

OP will just have to wait and see how they interact.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I've only seen it on farms where it's easier to just spray the females (in case a roaming tomcat comes along) and whenever a tomcat tries something he gets beaten silly. They usually only try once. Either way, I'm just saying it's the least problem he will have with a non-castrated male cat, I'm still advising him to just do it anyway. There is really no point in not doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    If you are getting your info from a domestic cat breeder then that's why you're confused. Pet (companion animals, not endangered or livestock animals) breeders are just greedy people who don't care and will spread misinformation and lies for profit. Check yo' sauce.
    My sources are both an ex and one of my best friends whom I interacted with daily for nearly 17 years of my life. I saw their cats, I saw their actions. There is no confusion here. I didn't get told anything. I saw, witnessed, observed.

Remember what they say about assumptions? Yeah. Apply that here and stop doing it.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by British Bulldog View Post
    Is it alright to keep a spayed female cat with a intact male cat? My female cat is spayed and my cousin is moving to a different state and can no longer take care of his male cat so i decided to take him in. The cats haven't met yet and my cousin told me not to neuter his male cat ever as his last goodbye request. So would it be ok to keep them together? Thanks in advance.
    I have some experience in this matter recently. I had on occasion babysat my friends male non-neutered cat. I own 2 spaded female cats. The male cat constantly went after one of my cats to rape her. I once came home to find them going at it, my cat screaming bloody murder and trying to get away. It was the last time he stayed at my house.

Neuter the male cat or you'll soon find yourself dumping him.

My friend had an issue where his female cats would go missing for a few days and come back pregnant. Cats are sluts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Why the hell wouldn't you neuter the cat. Unless you're planning to breed it, there's literally no reason not to, and every reason to do it.
    I'll tell you a reason. Cats are living things thats why. and deserve the right to breed. They are not a business tool for "breeding". How would you like it if someone kept you alone and you were unable to breed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because having a male cat piss on everything you own is just great.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I would not take in a un-neutered cat. You are only asking for trouble. Honestly if you can't neuter it don't take it.
    This, pretty much. You sure your cousin isn't trolling you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaq1 View Post
    I'll tell you a reason. Cats are living things thats why. and deserve the right to breed. They are not a business tool for "breeding". How would you like it if someone kept you alone and you were unable to breed.
    All that = Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaq1 View Post
    Absolutely a fascinating case of ethics. Would you live to 80 with no balls or die of aids and starvation at 20? Which living thing has a "better" life? There are certainly arguments for either side My partner insisted that our cat be a "house cat" which seems unnatural to me, but with the snow we have had recently, I know my cats fared a hell of a lot better than the ones that... won't have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread was necrod. Killing it

Closing