Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    amazing that some posters avoid this thread like the plague
    Because its nothing new, we know Germany has bad neighbourhoods, big woop.

Those aren't 'no-go zones'. By that definition I've lived in several 'no go zones'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Not saying Muslim Men are not in the at least best scenario in Iraq and Afghanistan (two countries I have first hand experience with) but being in the best situation of a shit situation... still means you are in a shit situation. But bullets and bombs don't discriminate to avoid killing men.

But I do want to throw out there, that young men of semi able bodies being told to fight or die isn't exactly "safety." I understand that may not be the same as rape or kill on sight, but it is far from safety. Also a lot of muslim people tend to be like American Chritians, where they give lip service to religion but don't really abide by the rules in general, and that was enough to get killed for.

Not saying you are wrong in your opinion as I don't have a dog in Germany's fight, just find it odd that so many people discount muslim men's quality of life and safety (across reddit also.)
    I don't say that men should be stay in this countries. I say that they are safe in refugee camps as well. There is no need to take them in in europe, where the current immigration system will probably ensure that they will be able to stay even when the war ends. As heterosexual, cisgendered muslim men, they are safe in the neighboring countries in refugee camps. Because of the human rights situation in that cultural region, LGBTIQ+ People, Non-Religious People, many religious minorities as well as female victims of sexual slavery or forced marriage are not safe there on the other hand, even in peace times not. So we should rather ensure we can get this people out of there region.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    The thing with this (in the US and Canada) is that both countries have a strong national identity (though maybe not so much now... they did when we migrated to the US in late 1989).

The identity is a bit counterintuitive though "We are a nation of immigrants, contribute, become part of the melting pot and you will succeed" is how a lot of immigrants saw the US... that is the American dream for many... the story my parents were sold... that story is more or less true....

We were placed into a relatively small town in Ohio (Cincinnati), my parents got jobs, got a car, and the Jewish community helped us a lot while we learned the language, and got on our feet... we than had to pay them back, and then moved to Chicago IL.

My brother and I fully integrated... I "feel" American, I think in English, etc... my Parents can speak the language, but usually still watch Russian TV... (it's where I get my Russian News from)...

So... it is possible to integrate people... the EU just needs help... and needs to figure out a number that does not break the bank, or erode their own native culture. Also, Multiculturalism should be abandoned for Pluralism instead. The US and Canada have Pluralism, not Multiculturalism on a national level.
    Yeah, exactly that. And I think there is a middle ground between giving up ones cultural heritage and multiculturalism, which leads to immigrant ghettos and the erosion of native cultures. People can still have their cultural customs, history and traditions from their own countries. I mean, I think it's basically just like how people can have their local cultural identity as well as having the broader identity of a citizen of their nations.

But then again, germany is a bit different in its history of immigration, as the early immigrants after WWII came as guest workers. But my Grandparents still integrated into german society, while also living their turkish culture. Many came to work here and then to return to their home country they he made enough money and went into pension. Some stayed.

I think a big problem germany has currently is a patriotism problem, because of the historical burden of the Nazi-Regime. I feel like many young people nowadays become more patriotic again and leave this trauma behind because enough time has passed that they feel like they have nothing to do with this part of history anymore, but patriotism is still a taboo. Which is problematic, as an unpatriotic nation simply can't integrate its immigrants. It lacks this mentality that would catch in immigrants to be part of this identity. I feel like with germany turning into an immigration country, it has to buld up a new identity of patriotism and cultural pride. Something that invites immigrants to take part in. And I feel like germany would have much to other. Despite its current immigration problems, its one of the best places of the world. It has one of the strongest economies on this planet, it has a great culture and a rich history. The history of the town I live nearby has a history that traces back millenia, back to the celts and the roman empire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Im not saying that I agree or the statement in the OP is 100% true, but what is remarkable as well is that you are not even able to tolerate a scenario where that is true
    because he's so far down the rabbit hole of his political bias he can't imagine such a situation, theres a few of them on this forum.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    His point is that the whole moronic notion of europe having islamic/arabic no-go zones is based on ignorance, and not true at all. Yes, we have shitty neighbourhoods, what country does not? Why the fuck do you guys think its related to refugees? This shit has existed for 100s of years.

I'm with Badster on his comment on Americans, Colonizing it was a mistake, even if it got rid of a bunch of religious crazies.
    Since everything you wrote is complet bullshit i just ignore you now and please dont quote me ever again.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm... that could work... they would have to create some shared ideal of what it means to be a European. The other issue is language... @Theodarzna can speak to that; but not sharing a common language is a problem, and I don't know if everyone going to "English" is a good thing or not... though it has already become the language of commerce. Maybe it should become the official language of the European Identity, if not on an individual level... alternatively it could be German... (I honestly don't care too much). Sort of like "Common" in D&D, and Wow... heh...
    I'd sooner die than that. At least English or any specific common language. Linguistic diversity is key to the cultural integrity of the continent and its many peoples. The problem with any kind of "European Identity" is that it inevitably becomes the death for everyone else and curiously enough this new identity looks a lot like the identity of the other dominate ethnic groups just repackeged. Similar to how "British" is really just English but sometimes they wear kilts.

The issue of Creed based societies is ultimately going to be the schismatic nature of Creeds. I think the best that can be achieved ethically is a kind of distributed powers with many local realms or provinces with a great deal of local control, especially in the realm of culture, education, media and broadcasting for the empowerment of local communities and culture. But each respective smaller entity can share a type of legal system (Within reason) ect. In this sense I'd almost sound like a Federalist for Europe, but with a much stronger hold on power for states and this being contingent of on breakup of big countries like France, Germany, Spain and the UK into constituant parts like Wales, Brittany, Basque, Occitania, Burgundia, Saxony, Scotland, Isle of Man, ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Greeks worked like a charm. Of course, there were much less than Turks, but I've never come across any Greek or Greek descendant that was in any way having any trouble getting along just fine. In fact, during my school time, one of my closest friends was a 2nd Generation Greek, and we clicked no differently than I would have clicked with an equally cool German. (Bonus was that his parents had a mid-upper class greek restaurant in our city where I often got some discount or free extras )
    They sadly moved away too far to keep up a friendship back then, without a car and basically no real social media.

With Turks it's a split. Some did really well, and here again I had two I considered close friends back in school. Others didn't integrate at all and formed a closed off group even in small settings like a class. Most of the better integrating Turks were also excluded from these groups, and I got the vibe that they were frowned upon by their landsmen.
    For some time Turks got by rather well in general and things seemed to iron out with every new generation. But then Erdogan happened, and we now have Turks here that are born to German born parents that feel and behave like hard core nationalistic Turks... They deliberately de-integrated themselves.
    I've talked a lot about this, especially with Turkish people. The general consensous seems to be that Turks that (or their parents) come from a more educated and urban part of the country have a MUCH easier time to integrate despite not casting off their cultural heritage. Those from the rural parts are a very different story.

The immigrants that integrate well here and I talked to also pretty much all reported that they generally didn't ever experience any form of disadvantage in society (aside from some very few incidents with actual neo nazis). This really lead me to strongly assume that it isn't all our fault for some unable to fit in. Germany offers a boatload of opportunities for education and work, to everyone. What some seem to believe is that being from another country should exempt them from having to put in the same amount of work even all native Germans have to, to make a good living. I had never felt this sort of mentality with a single Greek.

Until recently, it has usually been the near south-eastern immigrants that tended to be problematic, especially with establishing crime clans and just general "unpleasantness". Pretty much evey half-large city has at least one or two family names everyone knows to stay away from, and most of the time the names hint at some few distinctive origins. There is a pattern.

A word about the immigrants from the east: I usually don't even notice Polish or Russian accents as foreign anymore. They are so very common and so well integrated, that it's become just normality. Probably half of my current circle of closer friends either directly is from the area or is 1st gen German born. They are no different to me than the ones with a long German ancenstry.
    Sure, there still are some of those left that lead to some infamous (usually theft related) jokes about Poles and Russians back in the 70s or so, but even these are barely noticable in daily life anymore. And here too, once again, it really seems to be somewhat linked to what part of the country they came from originally.

In general I'm very tired of hearing that we're doing such a bad job of integrating. There are millions of immigrants that integrated really well and neither have nor cause any issues, to prove that it's really not all too hard to do. In the vast majority of difficult cases, you're dealing with people that don't have the slightest interest in integration. And what are we supposed to do with them? Force language courses down their throats? Chain them to the school benches? Have them work a normal day job at gun point? What do people want us to do?
    Sure, some will always struggle. Same with native Germans. Otherwise we wouldn't have some of those living on the streets. But with a minimum of brain and a reasonable amount of energy put into it, no one from anywhere will have any issues getting by at least okay.
    As a german with turkish immigration background who lives here in third generation, there is really a hugh divide between those who came from western and more urban parts of the country and those from more rural regions. The thing is, the west in turkey where all the big cities are was in the past always very western. You wouldn't know that you aren't somewhere in southern europe from the place where my grandparents came from for example. And especially the woman would look absolutely western, even normal headscarfs would a rare sight and more something older women wear, I never saw a Burka when I visited turkey with my family as a kid. I feel like Erdogan has really drastically changed the identity of the nation. I feel like the problem is the fall of kemalism. I mean, I feel like when I was a kid, kemalism was much more common among turks. And the turks would take pride in the fact that they are a secular, modern nation. Nowadays we have a strong rise in islamic nationalism which also impacts the turks in germany. I also feel like the earlier turkish immigrants who came as guest workers did better in integrating than the later immigrants. I feel like they came here with a mindset of working, integrating well and respecting the society and either staying or returning when they have made enough money. And I can really confirm how the youth de-integrates currently. I heavily experienced it in my generation as an assimilated turk. There is this hugh culture of tribalism with young turks and you are absolutely out if you don't play along and are more integrated or even assimilated.

I feel like the kurds are doing much better in integrating currently. All of them I met where well integrated and nice people. I feel like this is because the kurds stayed secular where the turks went more islamic again as well as, at least from the impression I got, that they are more thankful to live in germany. I mean, many kurds in germany are from turkey and the history of the oppression of kurds in turkey hunts many of them, which is why I feel like they are thankful to live in a country where they can be accepted and won't face discrimination. It may be just my impression, but I feel like I never met people who appreciative of treated with respect and all of the kurds I met were really nice and descent people. There is also the fact that the muslim community in germany is very turkish dominated, which also I feel pushes them further into german secular society as they will face discrimination in many mosques. A girl I knew for example had to avoid her nearest mosque and visit another one because there was an open flag of the grey wolves, a turkish far-right wing movement that is very anti-kurd, in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah, some of you folks wouldn't last a day in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    I mean the German Chancellor and the article in the OP..... It even has a German police chief commenting in it so...
    Hey... hey... NO. Don't disagree with some armchair sociologist/criminologist, his uncle works for nintendo and he said you can get Mew if you use strength on the truck next to the SS Anne.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

So now they will have to give up freedoms and become a 100% Orwellian surveillance police state to counter the violence brought by all of the third world immigrants they let flood in.
    Good trade?

At-least i live in America, voting for the strongest immigration laws earth has ever seen in all future elections.

Deleted
    Culture is different there?... Most of those immigrants (The chinese, thai, vietnamese(Who came here as refugees too), koreans etc.) are either going to be Buddhist, or Christian, culture wise.... both of those religions, and the resulting cultures are pretty compatible with each other.
    That's exactly what my Vietnamese Buddhist friend thought as well.

Makes it even harder to understand why are multiculturalists so deeply in love with Islam, the most incompatible of all possible options, when there are dozens of far better cultures that integrate without any major issues.

Great opportunity for the the good folks of Germany to practice tolerance. If certain groups of people choose to create a police free land that is not bound by the oppressive laws of the state, then those wishes should be embraced and fostered by Germany. My only suggestion would be for the government to provide these folks with funding to carry out this ideological mission, and refrain from slandering this lifestyle choice by not using derogatory terms such as 'dangerous' when they refer to these places and the goods folks who live there.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Crush the gangs? What's the damn issue? You have laws, you have police force. If something is not legal, you make it legal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    But then Erdogan happened, and we now have Turks here that are born to German born parents that feel and behave like hard core nationalistic Turks... They deliberately de-integrated themselves.
    I remember the days (2002-2008) which European leaders blowing Erdogan so hard, because he was progressive, democrat, anti-miltarist, so on and so forth. I am glad that the shit blew up in your hands too, thought you a damn lesson. Next time when you want to support a fucking Islamist disguised as democrat, you'll think twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    As a german with turkish immigration background who lives here in third generation, there is really a hugh divide between those who came from western and more urban parts of the country and those from more rural regions.
    Same division is present in Turkey as well.

She specifically says there cannot be "places where people are afraid to go", so she isn't using "no-go zone" in the sense shitlords do, ie a place where the POLICE refuse to go.

A lot of places have rough neighbourhoods. I dare say all really. Aren't there parts of the US where "people are afraid to go"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Yeah perpetuate that cycle of poverty, that's really going to solve crime.
    That's a different issue. Making non-law-abiding citizens abiding is not perpetuating cycle of poverty.

Diversity is our strength!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    The second step is mass deportation.
    That's the best step of all.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    To anyone who isn't German this might be news, but for us it's already reality for many years.

And it has nothing to do with refugees. This is a problem with clans and gangs who came to Germany decades ago and who have established themselves in certain areas of mostly larger cities like Berlin, Hamburg and Frankfurt... to name a few.

You might have a case if you told me that refugees caused a bottleneck within the police force, making these areas even more dangerous due to the police being understaffed, but pretending that refugees have created enclaves for them where nobody can pass through safely is inane.
    Out of curiosity, what is the no-go zone in Berlin?

well at least she tells the truth for once. things must be pretty bad for her to make this public. i guess her successor will have to clean up her mess?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is the no-go zone in Berlin?
    basically ghettos

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...refugee-crisis

ANGELA Merkel has admitted German no-go zones are a “reality” in shocking comments which add to fears there are places in the country where outsiders and even police offices are afraid to visit.

At the start of this year, Police Union chief Rainer Wendt claimed authorities are unable to enforce the law thanks to the rise of dangerous no-go zones caused as a result of mass immigration.

He demanded German politicians get crime levels under control or risk “police-free zones in Germany”.
    Its nothing new , its called ghetto

You're not supposed to talk about this. Facts are racist.
    In the leftist radicals view you're supposed to think everything is just fine. And if you don't conform to their views you're HITLER. All immigrants and refugees are angels who never cause problems.