Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

No new GPU's from Nvidia for now

So there will be no new GPU's coming from Nvidia untill maybe Q3/Q4

report nvidia not unveiling 2018 graphics card lineup at gdc gtc after all

So the 1000 series will continue for atleast half a year more
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

With these prices it makes sense for them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    As far as I'm aware they don't see any increased profits from the increased prices. The retailers do.
    I im 100% sure that Nvidia and AMD is making a ton of profit on the mining shit. But yes the retailers are allso making a shit ton of money on it
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Milk it good !
    I am so glad i bought my GTX 1080 just before the miner boom.

Care to link some evidence that the manufacturers have increased their wholesale prices?
    There were 2 articel about in the last 3 month on 3DGuru, first a flat 25-30$ increase then a few weeks ago they told us they will increase over the next 6 month again.

As far as I'm aware they don't see any increased profits from the increased prices. The retailers do.
    Regardless of whether its from wholesale price increases or just from sheer volume nvidia has definitely seen massive profits from miners. The stock was trading at ~$13 a share 5 years ago. Its currently around 250 dollars a share. If I were a betting man though I'd be shorting nvidia stock atm. The market correction has to come eventually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Care to link some evidence that the manufacturers have increased their wholesale prices?
    Just look at Guru3d. There are plenty of articels about it. I have even linke one in other GFX card threads
    Last edited by pansertjald; 2018-03-03 at 12:20 AM.

Guess I'm sticking with my 970 for another year or so. Worst case I'll just play some games on Mediumish settings

So you can’t link any. Good to know.
    Must be so hard to go on his latest posts and search for 5 sec.

Must be so hard to present evidence to back up your argument.
    Thats not a argument we just told you to search the stuff on your own and we pointed in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    So there will be no new GPU's coming from Nvidia untill maybe Q3/Q4

report nvidia not unveiling 2018 graphics card lineup at gdc gtc after all

So the 1000 series will continue for atleast half a year more
    NVIDIA Turing GTX 2080/70 GPUs Allegedly Launching in July for Gamers, Ampere to Succeed Volta in HPC Market at GTC

https://wccftech.com/rumor-nvidia-turing-gaming-gpus-launching-in-july-to-replace-pascal-geforce-lineup-ampere-to-succeed-volta-in-hpc/
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    NVIDIA Turing GTX 2080/70 GPUs Allegedly Launching in July for Gamers, Ampere to Succeed Volta in HPC Market at GTC

https://wccftech.com/rumor-nvidia-turing-gaming-gpus-launching-in-july-to-replace-pascal-geforce-lineup-ampere-to-succeed-volta-in-hpc/
    And that rumor is allready shot down, so the next rumor line up is late summer/fall 2018, so again Q3

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvi...me-rumors.html
    Last edited by pansertjald; 2018-03-03 at 12:47 PM.

And that rumor is allready shot down, so the next rumor line up is late summer/fall 2018, so again Q3

then why does the article you link give an april launch for 2080 and 2070 cards? + they mention its al speculation and assumptions just like all the other articles.

Why bother? They'd all be gobbled up by cryptominers, and AMD has nothing to really force them to compete on performance.

It is not shot down. I just want to be positive and think that there are some new great GPUs from nVidia in July.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I believe that, they already stopped manufacturing of the current gen, that's a long time to have no new current cards coming out to market.

They did, parts are more expensive (mostly the memory modules because of smartphones) so the cards are more expensive to make. Not everything is about the mining conspiracy like many people like to think.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    then why does the article you link give an april launch for 2080 and 2070 cards? + they mention its al speculation and assumptions just like all the other articles.
    Because it gathers all rumors. Read the bottom of the artical

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, and their supposition was that it was linked to mining. I have seen zero evidence of that and, no they didn’t link any. They talked about it existing out there somewhere but none of them can actually link to it apparently.
    Official AIB partner increase of GPU MSRP

And the reasoning for increase MSRP "Apple and Samsung are willing to pay more for the memory that will be used in their smartphones. Factories are using the same production lines for the memory that is used in graphics cards and in smartphones and this has created a shortage of memory for companies like MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, and EVGA to make graphics cards. From the looks of it, things are not going to improve in the next couple of months"

P.S. Google is hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Right, that disproves their supposition. It doesn’t support it. They are claiming Nvidia and AMD are jacking up prices because of mining. Thanks for helping to disprove their theory though.
    "The news reaches us through dsogaming through hardware seller Massdrop, the pricing in the market will continue to go up through Q3 of this year. In specific, a discussion post on a GTX 1080 Ti on Massdrop from tech community lead Brian Hutchins talked about a visit from Nvidia to Massdrop HQ, in which they discussed the causes for the current shortages. As we've reported for a while now, it's now stated by green team, the two main reasons causing the GPU prices to increase each and every month are the mining craze and the graphics memory shortage."

nvidia gpu prices will continue increasing through q3 2018l

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alantor View Post
    With these prices it makes sense for them.
    No kidding. I could turn around my 1070 for about $250 more than I paid for it when the damn thing came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    No kidding. I could turn around my 1070 for about $250 more than I paid for it when the damn thing came out.
    I would do it and then buy a second-hand GTX 980.