Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    I mean..you are basically spitting on the one thing that makes Scandinavia special and a success, The fellowship.

I get it, some people want to be greedy and wont look further than their own noses. I guess that's their right.
    You could always move to a nation that shares your views.
    What dream do you live in?
    Sweden is all "every man for himself". Full of fake smiles and capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Sweden like other northern european countries are the best countries to be in, in the world.

I wish all these countries would bundle up and make their own "europa".

- Norway
    - Sweden
    - Denmark
    - Germany
    - The Netherlands
    - Luxembourg

The rest can kiss it.
    Kinda sounds like some low key neo nazi stuff to me. Weren't the people in these EXACT countries+the UK the only countries that were deemed worthy by Hitler for long term survival? Maybe throw Belgium in there with the UK too.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    What dream do you live in?
    Sweden is all "every man for himself". Full of fake smiles and capitalism.
    Solidarity is literally what Scandinavia was built upon since the early 1900's, are you not familiar with the term "folkhemmet"?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    You get taxed to hell there, no thanks.
    Shrug. Tax rates by country are very difficult to compare because it all depends on your income bracket, what your situation is, exemptions, deductions etc. You'll probably find that the differences due to those factors are actually bigger than the differences between countries in a lot of cases.

Furthermore, how much of your income you "lose" in tax isn't directly comparable because you have to look at what your job would even pay in that country, and you then have to adjust it for purchasing power. Like, you might move to a country with way lower taxes (for you anyway), only to find that the base pay for your job is pretty low anyway, or it's the same but the cost of living is way higher...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    There are two kinds of people: People who are into blondes, and people who are wrong.
    But brunettes are down to earth and smoky and sexy...

And redheads are wild and gorgeous and exotic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Wait, what about Belgium?
    The fastest growing Muslim Country ? No thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    I don't consider any European countries to be very successful in 2018.
    Without Americas consistent protection russia could conquer all of Europe and place in communist rule, easily.

In reality those countries are welfare recipients of americas protecting freeing up their own budget to spend on the people while americas people suffer trying to have a strong enough military to protect ourself and all of our weak allies.
    can u be more retarded ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nimloths View Post
    Prob Third Reich
    Fourth.... there's already been a third..

It's too cold to live there to be jealous. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Solidarity is literally what Scandinavia was built upon since the early 1900's, are you not familiar with the term "folkhemmet"?
    Folkhemmet is dead since decades back. Liberalism is what has kept Sweden afloat the recent decades, not "Folkhemmet".

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    Folkhemmet is dead since decades back. Liberalism is what has kept Sweden afloat the recent decades, not "Folkhemmet".
    The literal word is "dead", "välfärdssamhället" is the more modern term these days.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Yeah, that's where newly arrived immigrants and old people go to.
    I remember going there almost 20 years ago, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    It's too cold to live there to be jealous. xD
    From my experience in SEA, it's great going there on vacation, but living in that heat year round is hell

The irony of you saying this after claiming I was born rich and therefore should be able to afford anything and then when I pointed out that my income is a meager 12000 sek per month and that my family aren't rich you start harping about working in a factory etc. and then I would only earn about average income in Sweden if I worked, I wouldn't be rich still.

AS IF THAT'S EVEN FUCKING RELEVANT TO WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT ME BEING BORN RICH.
    You do know that many in the manufacturing industry here in Sweden earn anywhere from 22k-35k SEK a month? Surely somewhere there would be a jobopening of something like that somewhere around where you live(within 150km)

- - - Updated - - -

No, I have 3-year contract with FTV, I have to pay regardless of if I go to another dentist and then I have to pay the other dentist too. What part of that do you not understand? Do you even fucking know what a "frisktandvårdsavtal" is? I can't just not pay them even if I'd go to another dentist than them. Why the fuck would I double my costs?

Du är fan den mest blåsta personen jag träffat på, på länge, på nätet, endast överträffad av A-lagare irl.
    Correct me if im wrong but from what i have read on the issue of Frisktandvård is that a dentist makes a checkup on your teeth and then they give youa costsugestion on what you should pay monthly/yearly. Alternatively you get all that needs fixing with your teeth and THEN you start paying like a premium evey month and that will cover all costs for hover long that agreement lasts.?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, sorry for not possessing supernatural abilities such as precognition so I can look into the future to know that they will get swamped.

I signed up for it because it's cheaper than paying after every visit.

YOU started talking about how I should go to another dentist because of the wait times increasing because of immigrants putting a lot of pressure on them.
    Also is it you have need of emergencydental care im pretty sure they will let you ahead in the que ? Atleast when i have had problems with my teeth i have never really had to wait more then a day at most.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    You do know that many in the manufacturing industry here in Sweden earn anywhere from 22k-35k SEK a month? Surely somewhere there would be a jobopening of something like that somewhere around where you live(within 150km)
    She lives in Blekinge, aka the shithole of Sweden.
    It does have some nice places in the nature, but honestly, it's always windy, often rainy, no future for the younger people (that's why I left) and it's mostly for retired people.

Guess what? I apply to every job I can.

Correct me if im wrong but from what i have read on the issue of Frisktandvård is that a dentist makes a checkup on your teeth and then they give youa costsugestion on what you should pay monthly/yearly. Alternatively you get all that needs fixing with your teeth and THEN you start paying like a premium evey month and that will cover all costs for hover long that agreement lasts.?
    You're evaluated, they suggest a cost for 3 years, you sign the contract and get 3 years of dental care for said cost. If I go to another dentist, that contract is not eligible there, I have to pay them from my own pocket. So, why would I do that? That means I'm paying for the 3 year contract at folktandvården and then paying the other dentist too.

Also is it you have need of emergencydental care im pretty sure they will let you ahead in the que ? Atleast when i have had problems with my teeth i have never really had to wait more then a day at most.
    Having a cavity isn't an emergency. It's something that "can wait" when it's not painful.
    Last edited by Player Twelve; 2018-03-05 at 07:36 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm American. Why would I be jealous of any single country on the planet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    When I think "successful countries" I always have the nordics in mind.

These are countries that nail pretty much everything as they rank the highest on all happiness related metrics.

I don't understand why there is such a push from weirdos to demonize that country as the apex of decadence and criminality. It's really not.

Now the type of people saying these we got em too in France but they're a tinyyyy tiny minority most people hold Sweden in high opinion aswell but if you go to mmo champ half the posters (who couldn't even locate it on a map) will tell you it's just a crime filled s hole. Those usually come from places with a dog eat dog mentality where social services/healthcare aren't free and people prefer to strip their peers from their benefits rather than work up the courage demand social justice.

Hang in there swedes, the world loves you
    I think you're the only one who believes this, it's your own point of view.

Im not really jealous or spitful of any nation. Just not what I spend my time worrying. Some better? Some worse? I could care less because I am happy enough. Is this odd?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm Dutch so no reason to be jealous

I sortof think of Nordic countries the same way I view Portland. It's thought of as a liberal mecca, and it's nice here. But not as nice as some people THINK it is. We have a lot of problems here that people sweep under the rug.

Maybe Sweden is not like that at all, but that's my perception of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    There isnt much good about Sweden.
    lol, "okey". Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    I am not jealous of their justice system.

https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/bro...-till-polisen/

Woman is abused by her husband, reports it to the police.
    The district court finds the man not guilty because:

She should have gone to his family first and told them(Cause he is from a better family apparently), and since they where married in a Sharia country.
    She did not show any emotion in court when giving testimony. She could have at least cried a bit....

You have politicians there that openly supports implementing sharia law, or at least make Swedish law more "Islam-friendly".

No thanks...
    You should follow up on those news.
    The two jury members were instantly removed as well as excluded from 'Centerpartiet'. Don't make it sound like this happens on the daily or that it would somehow be widely accepted. It's not.
    You can't defend against someone being an idiot that end up doing/saying stupid shit, but you can handle it when they do. Which they did.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a...-tva-namndeman
    Last edited by Crummy; 2018-03-10 at 11:17 PM.

I'm rather unconcerned with Sweden as what they do with themselves really doesn't impact my life. From what minimal impressions I've gathered though they strike me as a completely neutered people who's chief source of national pride is an expansive welfare state. While my own country is hardly perfect, and the social apathy typified by Sweden is increasingly present here, at least there are places to go in the US where you can escape all that nonsense and be your own man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Can't be jealous of a country I don't think/know/care about.

Edit: The only country I can think about being jealous of is maybe Italy? I hear they only work like 20 hours a week there and get like 3 months of government mandated vacation. I'd like that.
    More likely you'd be bored and resentful, much like the Italians.