Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I do not know about the next to next expansion, but the one after BfA could very well present no new areas. I mean, Blizz has an entire mass of levelling areas that have been untouched since 2011. They could easily update the entire Kalimdor and EK, make new threats and refresh the experience on what represents the most massive land in the whole game. At the end of the day, it is a new story and new quests that make the story and not new geographical spots, right?

Deleted
    In the end there really isn't a good reason to not include new continents, above or under ground, if they're fought out well, like Pandaria was. The Broken Isles make sense too, as well as the new BfA Zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    The titan keepers themselves didn't know Pandaria existed? Really? lmfaooooooo

Chronicle is an irrelevant point. It mentioned the titan souls going to the keepers but they wound up on Argus instead. Something happened that made this so and it wasn't mentioned within the novel. Blizzard isn't bound by what they put in it. You've got the proof right in front of you.

https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...91795730522113

inb4 "but but but, he doesn't work for Blizzard anymore!"
    The Titans' souls being on Argus doesn't actually go against what is in "Chronicle Vol. 1", however. In "Chronicle Vol. 1" we learn that on the Pantheon's physical deaths Norgannon used his power to shunt to souls or essence of the Pantheon to the Keepers on Azeroth, but the book states that what the Keepers actually received a mere scintilla of their power - a surge of power (to them) but accompanied by nothing of their sentience or memories (except for Highkeeper Ra, who got fragmentary pieces of what Aman'thul had experienced). Ra believed that the Titans had been destroyed at Nihilum and despaired because of it - but that's simply his inference, the book itself doesn't categorically state that. We find out later that instead of simply being destroyed, the Pantheon had been brought to Argus except for Eonar who had somehow managed to escape to a sanctuary world.

"Chronicle Vol. 1" has gaps in its narrative that are no doubt meant to be filled in and/or explained in future content, and that is one of them.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Blizz can do whatever they want.

They can decide there are 5 other continents surrounding Kalimdor and EK and handwave them as always being there.

They can say all the Titans are dead then bring them back in the final raid of the following expansion.

And you're going to sit there and take it by the spoonful just like the rest of us, begging for more.
    They arent adding whats not already established. Theres a precedent for this for every single expansion so far and chronicle cements those lands

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post
    In the end there really isn't a good reason to not include new continents, above or under ground, if they're fought out well, like Pandaria was. The Broken Isles make sense too, as well as the new BfA Zones.
    None of those locations are "new"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The chronicles that they already retconned a few things from? Yeah, that'll sure stop Blizzard Entertainment from making up new shit when the time comes to sell a new expansion. ''Sorry boss, this book we published four years ago says we can't add more continents! Looks like your still super profitable sub-based MMO is going to have to pull the plug! Quite shameful, that''.
    What was retconned. The titans souls? Perhaps you need to poibt out where its a retxon and learn some reading comprehension

The next expansion marks the end of all islands, continents and landmasses recorded in Warcraft's pre-WoW lore. With expansions showing no signs of slowing down, it is inevitable that Blizzard will soon begin adding entirely original continents for the players to explore; lest we resort to intergalactic spacefaring adventures and planet hop from expansion to expansion (and let's be honest here... really? C'mon...).

While we DO have a few remaining areas to -potentially- serve as expansion-sized material, namely the Dragon Isles north of Quel'Thalas and east of Howling Fjord, plus some unseen nations surrounding Eastern Kingdoms such as Crestfall and Balor, the areas would have to be served with a soft retcon to explain the lack of size and given interesting material to make them worthy areas to visit. Which isn't bad, it's just a repeat of what they did with Broken Isles.

So while we're no doubt a few years from seeing what the next expansion has to offer, or potentially even half a decade from another Azeroth based expansion, Blizzard has already settled on the next expansions location and have started concept art on it already (which they've already confirmed to be in concept stage of the next expansion after the next expansion).

Where do you think we'll see new continents land, and are you alright with sudden, out-of-the-blue entire civilizations cropping up into the lore? Personally, I don't mind, though many are still of the opinion that Azeroth is complete.
    Psst...

All the landmasses were made up on the spot. This is a video game. You can't actually go to Desolace, or Howling Fjord.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    While Goldielocks is wrong, the Chronicle map is also wrong(though very accurate)and will only get more... wrong with time. It's fails just as much as the globe in Ulduar does because it only shows what we know at the time. Kul'tiras and Zandalar's shape and position has moved. And though sizes on the map are much better than other maps, it still show things unrealistically large(Teldrassil, Wandering Isle) but thankfully the Maelstrom is huge unlike in game.
    Guess what.

Cataclysm happens in chronicle vol 3 not chronicle vol 1

Oh no islands moved!

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    They arent adding whats not already established. Theres a precedent for this for every single expansion so far and chronicle cements those lands
    Again - everything was made up. And by the way, who created Chronicle?

Yep - same people who created the game. Which has changed in the last however many years. That's the very nature of an MMO.

What was retconned. The titans souls? Perhaps you need to poibt out where its a retxon and learn some reading comprehension
    I would, if you'd explain what "poibt" and "retxon" could possibly mean.

Oh, the irony.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Yea they've contradicted various bits of Chronicle's lore the following expansion. anaxie over here treating it like WoWs rulebook or something lol.
    Because thats what it is. Thats the entire reason its still being written and you laygh at it deapite having no contratictiokns thus far just your own incompetence when reading whats in the material

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Again - everything was made up. And by the way, who created Chronicle?

Yep - same people who created the game. Which has changed in the last however many years. That's the very nature of an MMO.

I would, if you'd explain what "poibt" and "retxon" could possibly mean.

Oh, the irony.
    Pardon me for typingnon phone and barely giving a fuck about a video game forum posts fat finger typos.

Btw what change in 13 years wow has always relied on villans. Heroes and lands established before the mmo went live

Just like bfa relies on the same concepts

- - - Updated - - -

Chronicle is an irrelevant point. It mentioned the titan souls going to the keepers but they wound up on Argus instead. Something happened that made this so and it wasn't mentioned within the novel. Blizzard isn't bound by what they put in it. You've got the proof right in front of you.

https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...91795730522113

inb4 "but but but, he doesn't work for Blizzard anymore!"
    How is that a retcon. The keepers had a flash of the titans souls before sargeras ensnared them

I wouldnt even trust holinka or celestalon with lore so what credit do you think ghostcrawler deserves

10+ Year Old Account
    most things each expansion were made up on the spot
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    There is alot of lor eplaces we never explored yet we are just on azeroth imagine what is in the other places in space
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Except when they do, like half of what Legion was? Like what all of Pandaria was? (Originally Pandaria was a small island believed to be west of Stonetalon) Thunder Isle? Deepholme? Stormheim?

They're fully able to turn Tel'Abim, or any small island or chain of islands into a continent if they felt like it, because its already happened 3 goddamn times. They can make up new continents on the spot, because they already have, and can do so again.

BTW, here is the map of Chronicle Vol. 1

Gee, I wonder where the hell the large, 3-zoned continent of Kul'Tiras is on this map?

You mean, that small island in Baradin Bay??
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2018-03-03 at 04:03 PM.

Guess what.

Cataclysm happens in chronicle vol 3 not chronicle vol 1

Oh no islands moved!
    An island moving without other noticeable geological changes, doesn't happen. That's like Block Rock Mountain moving to Westfall with nothing else being changed.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    While Goldielocks is wrong, the Chronicle map is also wrong(though very accurate)and will only get more... wrong with time. It's fails just as much as the globe in Ulduar does because it only shows what we know at the time. Kul'tiras and Zandalar's shape and position has moved. And though sizes on the map are much better than other maps, it still show things unrealistically large(Teldrassil, Wandering Isle) but thankfully the Maelstrom is huge unlike in game.
    You say I'm wrong and then your reasoning only proves that what I said was correct. Wtf are you on about?
    How is that a retcon. The keepers had a flash of the titans souls before sargeras ensnared them

I wouldnt even trust holinka or celestalon with lore so what credit do you think ghostcrawler deserves
    I never said it was a retcon. I said it was left out. It means that anything can still happen that's not outlined within the novel.

Just like any new continent.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    semi related
    I am beginning to become a little bit anxious about BFA being a filler expansion like wod
    1.) it's 100% unrelated
    2.) Congratz your opinion is amazing based on early alpha content.. it has to be amazing to have such clairvoyant abilities.
    3.) you have to try harder to derail the topic next time

To be perfectly honest, Blizzard fucked up with Deepholm. The Maelstrom was such a great mystery, they should have made it its own expansion.

Imagine delving into the Maelstrom, and waking up in some peaceful fields of grasslands, untouched by conflict. But then, as the sun sets, you start to see dark forms dart through the sky, blanketing you from any sort of starlight. Then you see flowing, red eyes slowly clawing their way towards you on the ground... The Maelstrom could have effective served as a "portal" to an entirely different plane of existence.

In any case, I think the best route forward is going to be us going to different elemental planes. Maybe even toying with what we believe "elements" to even be, toying with realms of creation. Instead of traveling to "planets", we would instead travel to Realms more akin to Firelands, but fleshed out. A Realm of Water might be a beautiful, tropical paradise but differing from Void or Old God influence, or maybe even the realms themselves are clashing with one another somehow.

That's where I feel like things would head next.

Yea they've contradicted various bits of Chronicle's lore the following expansion. anaxie over here treating it like WoWs rulebook or something lol.
    They didn't, actually. They added to it, but they didn't change the events described, at times changing how the known events are viewed.
    But Anaxie is still misusing it, since the Chronicle is merely a chronicle, not a rulebook. It describes what is known, not what may be done. Blizzard is free to add to it whenever they wish.

Obviously, this will eventually make an amended edition necessary.

Which Keepers would that be exactly? Loken had corrupted/indisposed most of the Keepers with the only 2 escaping were Tyr and Archaedas. Ra was already imprisoned by Lei'shen, Odyn was sealed in Halls of Valor, Mimiron was killed(resurrected and insane), Thorim became emo and went afk, Freya and Hodir fell under Yogg's corruption and Loken exiled all the Titan-forged from Ulduar, sent Old God minions after Tyr and Archaedas and hid in his hole praying Algalon never found out.

They're fully able to turn Tel'Abim, or any small island or chain of islands into a continent if they felt like it, because its already happened 3 goddamn times. They can make up new continents on the spot, because they already have, and can do so again.
    Let's not forget that they're also playing wild and fast with scales, so lore size is nearly completely irrelevant. Even a medium sized real world island would easily be large enough to house your average expansion "continent", we'd just get something closer to 1:1 scale.

You say I'm wrong and then your reasoning only proves that what I said was correct. Wtf are you on about?
    It sounded like you were saying that Blizzard was making stuff up as they were going, like Pandaria, but reading more pages back, it's sounding like Anaxie is saying that. My bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    To be perfectly honest, Blizzard fucked up with Deepholm. The Maelstrom was such a great mystery, they should have made it its own expansion.

Imagine delving into the Maelstrom, and waking up in some peaceful fields of grasslands, untouched by conflict. But then, as the sun sets, you start to see dark forms dart through the sky, blanketing you from any sort of starlight. Then you see flowing, red eyes slowly clawing their way towards you on the ground... The Maelstrom could have effective served as a "portal" to an entirely different plane of existence.

In any case, I think the best route forward is going to be us going to different elemental planes. Maybe even toying with what we believe "elements" to even be, toying with realms of creation. Instead of traveling to "planets", we would instead travel to Realms more akin to Firelands, but fleshed out. A Realm of Water might be a beautiful, tropical paradise but differing from Void or Old God influence, or maybe even the realms themselves are clashing with one another somehow.

That's where I feel like things would head next.
    We sorta did this in Cata but to a very minor extent. The Skywall(Plane of Air) had a dungeon and a raid with Al'Akir". Firelands with Molten Front and raid. Abyssal Depths was barely touched but since ppl love to bash Vash'ir it's very slim of happening. Deepholm while a nice place, could of been better. Hell part of me expected a raid to happen there.

Not that I hate your idea, just the whole realms of the elements was SORTA done.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi