Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    its an ankylosaurus not a spiked tortise.

- - - Updated - - -

Its an ankylosaurus with a hint of turtle, it has no tail bulb like anky, and has a turtle face, but the body is anky.
    1. the legs are anky, turtles legs bend at the front
    2. turtle shells are a full tube, they are on the top and bottom and connect at the side, this one does not, it is a hard back carapace, not a full body shell
    3. the pattern of the back is strips, not squares.

- - - Updated - - -

noitce how the shell goes from the top to the bottom?
    notice how the "shell" on the bear from is ONLY on the top?
    that is the difference between a turtle, and another creature.
    A turtle shell is on the top, and bottom, and connects at the sides, the bear form does not.
    Hence a hybrid of the two.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketFuel98 View Post
    Hence a hybrid of the two.
    Yes, it has the face of a turtle like creature, but it is an Ankylosaurus.
    Just blizzard decided not to go full, as well they sorta have to give it a big head, and cant really give it a tail using the bear skeleton.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes, it has the face of a turtle like creature, but it is an Ankylosaurus.
    Just blizzard decided not to go full, as well they sorta have to give it a big head, and cant really give it a tail using the bear skeleton.
    Plus it's a fucking Warcraft creature, it doesn't have to follow 100% what a real life creature looks like.

Crabs in WoW don't even have six legs.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFuel98 View Post
    Are you fucking serious? It's clearly based on an alligator snapping turtle, not a fucking Ankylosaurus. Just because they get some dino forms =/= they're dinomancers. Look yourself, it has the same spiked shell on top and on the sides, the beak and so on, so, GGWP you are dense. It looks nothing like an Ankylosaurus in comparison.
    Yes, I'm fucking serious, and no, it's not based on an alligator snapping turtle.

It does resemble a turtle in the same way that an ankylosaurus does - ie; stout, armored body, but it is clearly based on an ankylosaur. Even the photos you linked show the differences in the shell and spike formations, and again, these are Zandalari. They worship dinosaurs. They ride dinosaurs. They transform into dinosaurs. They don't have anything to do with turtles and never have as far as I can remember.

It is not a turtle.

Let's not forget they can grow as big as a car bonnet so it's a fair thing to base it on. If anything it's a hybrid of the two so next time think before you go off like an idiot with your "hurr watch get raptor n u tink its ostrich hurrdurr, mi am clever cuz mommy told me so" as if you didn't see the resemblance to even a plain turtle yourself.
    Are you this absolutely vile and unpleasant around everyone, or just those who are clearly more intelligent than you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    Plus it's a fucking Warcraft creature, it doesn't have to follow 100% what a real life creature looks like.

Crabs in WoW don't even have six legs.
    holy... fuck i never... wow... ok... i never noticed that
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Who wants to tell him every single Zandalari form we've seen are based on actual "terrible lizards" that have already been extinct for millions of years?
    I said something akin to a Warp Stalker, not "a Warp Stalker." "A lizard-y, fanged thing" is exactly what a dinosaur is. As for Zandalari creatures that resemble such a thing, Komodos exist. Feral will be something similar to one. Neither the Bear nor Moonkin look like direct copies of any NPC creatures we've seen in Zandalar so far, so I'm assuming the artists took inspiration from Turtles and Falcosaurs/Pterrordax, as they will with Feral and Komodos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
    Yes, I'm fucking serious, and no, it's not based on an alligator snapping turtle.

It does resemble a turtle in the same way that an ankylosaurus does - ie; stout, armored body, but it is clearly based on an ankylosaur. Even the photos you linked show the differences in the shell and spike formations, and again, these are Zandalari. They worship dinosaurs. They ride dinosaurs. They transform into dinosaurs. They don't have anything to do with turtles and never have as far as I can remember.

It is not a turtle.

Are you this absolutely vile and unpleasant around everyone, or just those who are clearly more intelligent than you?
    I swear I remember a relative of the Ankylosaur that had that kind of long spikes on its back. Lost in the mists of time now :/

Personally, I'd love for their Treant Form to be a Therazinosaurus
    Owner & Operator of The Barrens Grind Support Group
    Survivor of Early TBC Ganklethorn Vale
    Horde Till I Die

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see the cat form look like an armored Ravasaur Loa (Gonk) or the Tiger Loa (with gold armor added).
    Personally, i'd rather keep the Feral form as an actual feline because I just love cats.

Last edited by Bawk; 2018-03-03 at 07:41 AM.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

this all makes me even sadder that Worgen never got a proper Wolf form though
    Feelsbadman.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Honestly I'd be fine with just a flashier raptor form (heavily armored?). Sort of like basic druids had cheetah + cat. Basically it was the same just the combat form was more badass looking.
    The problem is.. raptors combat animations are super dorky with the small hands

It is not a turtle.

It definitely has basis on an Ankylosaurus, but it's undoubtedly a turtle-like creature. Warcraft animals don't have to exactly follow real life animal morphology but aside from the shell/plate, that definitely resembles a turtle. A dino-turtle? Like a dragon turtle, but well...you get the picture.

It's also not like ankylosaurus hasn't clearly influenced other species like direhorns though (just look at a direhorn's back and tail). But at first glance neither of all would consider direhorns to be ankylosaurus.

It’s going to be cat.

It is not a turtle.

You're calling me absolutely vile and unpleasant while your first post was that of an insufferable lowlife starting off with "R u fkn srs?!" You're giving shit to people for an easy mistake just because you have to spazz out to boost your ego going "reeee its ankylosaurus u idiots!"

"just those who are clearly more intelligent than you?"

I know no one probably does but do you even take yourself seriously?

It clearly has the resemblance of an alligator snapping turtle when it comes to the head, the body then being ankylosaurus as a hybrid of the two. Don't be such an obnoxious cretin pretending like it doesn't, as if people are idiots for saying it has the resemblance of a turtle/alligator snapping turtle when you know you saw the resemblance yourself, you'd have to be blind not to with the head.

What ever the Zandalari Feral form is it is going to have to be very bad ass to get me to not use the Mage Tower skin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm on team Gorgonopsid.
    All the fucking way, and that is some sick artwork.

Spoiler... obviously:

In many videos of alpha run throughs of Zuldazar, there’s a place called the Gardens of the Loa or something. And there I’ve caught a glimpse of a temple area’s name. It was Tortol— something. I can look it up if you’d like.
    But I feel, no matter how much I’d love to have a Zandalari tank form to be a pure dino, that blizz went the lore way and gave Zandalari druids a form of their turtle Loa instead of a dino loa that we have never seen before or, most probably wouldn’t have seen after.

Now as for a cat, someone has linked the model of Kimbul that was datamined some time ago. That is a Loa. And I really hope that’s not going to be the case, but I'm afraid that the new cat form would just be a cat again.

I don't think it will be a raptor. but... it could be. The Zandalari druids seem to be called raptari druids.

I think it will be more in tune to a traditional cat form... in the sense that it will be on four legs rather than two. But what exactly? Who knows.

It may just simply be a cat. And I'm cool with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawk View Post
    I would love to see the cat form look like an armored Ravasaur Loa (Gonk) or the Tiger Loa (with gold armor added).
    Personally, i'd rather keep the Feral form as an actual feline because I just love cats.

Should idd be one of those Loas that give them there feral powers.
    So either a armored Raptor or a tiger are my guesses, altho Darkspears alrdy gain there power from another tiger loa.
    So i put my money on a Raptor or some kind of lizard since they also worship a thunder lizzard Loa.

- - - Updated - - -

So either a armored Raptor or a tiger are my guesses, altho Darkspears alrdy gain there power from another tiger loa.
    So i put my money on a Raptor or some kind of lizard since they also worship a thunder lizzard Loa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Snarf snarf!