Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

C'thun: Dead or Alive?

I doubt there is no one left here that hasn't heard of Sargeras stabbing Azeroth on the end of Antorus.

So, here is a question. Considering the fact that C'thun dwells below Southern Kalimdor, and Southern Kalimdor being the place Sargeras stabbed with his blade, could C'thun be truly dead at this point? Like that one time Aman'thul ripped Y'shaarj to bits with his hands?

Personal opinion: I think C'thun is dead, because that stab was awesome, and it would be a epic fail if Sargeras missed it because he forgot to level his weapon skills.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dead but will probably get revived

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Dead but will probably get revived
    Agree with this. Please Blizz, you stabbed one of only two known Old God areas and made magic super blood known to revive an Old God's heart spill out everywhere. Don't waste this opportunity.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Deleted
    I think C'thun is being revived just now, because all this Azerite is flowing into his grave. It revived and changed the Silithids while the blade quite thoroughly destroyed their hives, so why should C'thun not benefit from it, when his underlings can?

C'Thun was already dead. Cho'Gall tried to resurrect him in a comic, and Xal'atath says that the Old Gods are all dead apart from N'Zoth.

There were some of the same threads in the Lore before...
    C'thun is officialy dead right now.

Officially dead but revival is 100% likely.

Considering Y'shaarj was embedded so deep in the planet that ripping him out created a never healing wound aka the Well of Eternity (now Maelstrom) and also the C'thun fight takes place in literally the upmost room of Ahn Quiraj, I really think we just wounded the parts of him, that we saw. One eye, one mouth, one stomach, some smaller tentacles.

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe the old gods bar N'Zoth are dead. But I would quite like them to be revived, if for no other reason than fun factor.

For me, Fun > Lore.
    Here is something to believe in!

Deleted
    Imagine hearing NEW phrases from Cthun... Fucking loved his voice and lines!!!!

We've killed the head of the snake. That's pretty clear from all sources. But Old Gods don't rest easy. Though its body is dead, the corruption and whispers will continue while it remains, awaiting possible revival.

Will it happen? I am not sure. Honestly N'Zoth for now is the sole survivor. The one destined to grow and grow with all competition dead, till his tendrils reach all of Azeroth and the matured Old God devours the world. Reviving his competition would limit his growth, and therefore his power. If it is done, it'll be the God's misguided followers, hoping for the C'thun to grant them favor or power. Azerite certainly could give them the power to do so.

So I guess it's more a question if we or N'Zoth would prevent this from happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingWarrior View Post
    I doubt there is no one left here that hasn't heard of Sargeras stabbing Azeroth on the end of Antorus.

So, here is a question. Considering the fact that C'thun dwells below Southern Kalimdor, and Southern Kalimdor being the place Sargeras stabbed with his blade, could C'thun be truly dead at this point? Like that one time Aman'thul ripped Y'shaarj to bits with his hands?

Personal opinion: I think C'thun is dead, because that stab was awesome, and it would be a epic fail if Sargeras missed it because he forgot to level his weapon skills.
    Thing is, C'thun's body was actually in Ahn'Qiraj, which survived the stabbing. But enough energy can revive dead Old Gods - C'thun was almost revived by Cho'Gall before, and water from the Eternal Vale (which is powered by Azeroth) partially revived Y'Shaarj.

It's possible that the Azerite welling from from the Wound my serve to spark C'thun back to life.

10+ Year Old Account
    He dead but what counts for dead? What we learned about Yag shaarg is that even a dead god can still dream....plus old god corpses are a problem anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    C'Thun was already dead. Cho'Gall tried to resurrect him in a comic, and Xal'atath says that the Old Gods are all dead apart from N'Zoth.
    This. Thread over

Bfa is about azshara and Nzoth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    We've killed the head of the snake. That's pretty clear from all sources. But Old Gods don't rest easy. Though its body is dead, the corruption and whispers will continue while it remains, awaiting possible revival.

Will it happen? I am not sure. Honestly N'Zoth for now is the sole survivor. The one destined to grow and grow with all competition dead, till his tendrils reach all of Azeroth and the matured Old God devours the world. Reviving his competition would limit his growth, and therefore his power. If it is done, it'll be the God's misguided followers, hoping for the C'thun to grant them favor or power. Azerite certainly could give them the power to do so.

So I guess it's more a question if we or N'Zoth would prevent this from happening.
    I never thought of it that way but can you imagine having to HELP N'zoth prevent C'thun from rising back up? Dang.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Deleted
    Oh yeah, like they would choose Silithus randomly out of 100 other locations for that stab.

Since when can you kill Old Gods?

Even Y’Sharaaj has various incarnations after being completely destroyed physically

Deleted
    Even if C'thun is "dead" he is still a active force. Cho'gall was corrupted by the dead god. Garrosh was corrupted by the dead panda god.

10+ Year Old Account
    C'thun was already dead. His minions are not - as per the silithian spawns crawling to the surface post-stab.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    He's as dead as it can be...

on the other hand, nothing stays dead for long in blizzards hands