Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Pandaren aren't overweight.

It's all muscle, bro.

Well, and brew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    the only solution is : high elves. otherwise the alliance reaction is going to be enormous.
    The Alliance reaction to everything is enormous. The community is used to that already. Horde has to play the Villain or Second-Fiddle to the Alliance constantly so we get a few extra bonuses — some very minor adjustments to a Night Elf, posture adjustments and a race that needed to get the extra rigging work to make any sense at all (which IS more than the Alliance starts off with for sure) — because if the Alliance were the definite aggressors, their players would flip their shit where as the Horde is just accustomed to it.

You have access to playable High Elves. They start out on Sunstrider Isle. I use to definitely advocate adding the High Elves but even way back before Cata it was absolutely obvious to me that they would need to be mutated/altered/changed somehow. My thinking back them was make them more draconic because Dragons were kind of a big thing back then and important to the plot. You know what's big and plot important now? The Void.
    (For the record, I am not hugely opposed to their addition. I am opposed to the kind of rhetoric you're spouting though and the utter disdain with which you guys are treating the new race you are getting is pretty saddening)
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure people hate Pandas. Many people here on MMOC bring this fact up as often as the sun sets and rises as if the more they complain about Pandaren the more likely it is for them to enjoy the game.

I mean, the problem is not that they are fat, but that they are uninteresting.

They are just different shapes of Humans, and not even a entire population of them, its just a mix of Bara/Regular and Thin humans.Nothing really special.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

5+ Year Old Account
    Really don't care either way, the chances of me playing alliance as more than an alt to see the story are slim to none so you can have whatever races you get and it wont matter to me. All I see is red named scum that needs to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    I am pretty sure people hate Pandas. Many people here on MMOC bring this fact up as often as the sun sets and rises as if the more they complain about Pandaren the more likely it is for them to enjoy the game.
    I actually like pandaren, not a fan of the models, but the aesthetic, the culture and the lore really appeal to me and I'm not someone who's even that fond of Chinese culture. MoP will always go down with Wrath as my two favorite expansions and the expansions where I really felt I was in a living breathing world.

No problem with pandas? Not a week passes without somebody crying about them. It's even worse on classic forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Messed up thing is that Draenor Orcs won't only be brown mag'har orcs, but Dragonmaw with glowing eyes and scale-type growths, Shattered Hand orcs with scars and piercings, Bleeding Hollow orcs with white paint and Blackrocks and Warsong with Garrosh-loyal tattoos.

The 'Kul Tiran' and Thin human models should really just be barbershop customizations, sure it's a different model with different animations but upright orcs already use modified animations. It's not like there aren't bulky Stormwindians or Gilneans.

Really, if Blizzard decided to make Kul Tirans an allied race they should at least give us the option to choose between the bulky, the thin and the standard models, but make the latter noticeably different through customization options. Give them the ability to only have one eye or have hook hands, etc.
    The barbershop argument just strikes me as the argument of people it will never be good enough for. Blizzard went through all that work for a group of Humans with entirely different physiology and structure than any others? It should be a Barbershop Option! Would you accept it as a Barbershop Option in lieu of an Allied Race since it took just as much work (more than most honestly)? Probably not. Now I could maybe see an option to have Kul Tirans and Stormwindians both have the options to look Bulky, Scrawny or Normal after you unlock the Allied Race but I mean... it's a stretch.
    My biggest hope for the Kul Tirans though is that they right the biggest wrong in Alliance races. Gilneas was a German-inspired Kingdom, with Germanic architecture and a Germanic culture that they somehow made English. German accents for Kul Tiras, Blizzard you lazy schlubs
    Last edited by Faerillis; 2018-03-04 at 06:11 AM.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

I like female Pandaren, would never play a male

The male Kul'Tirans look pretty cool, might even race change my warrior to one. The females though, I would never play.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    The barbershop argument just strikes me as the argument of people for whom it will never be good enough for. Blizzard went through all that work for a group of Humans with entirely different physiology and structure than any others? It should be a Barbershop Option! Would you accept it as a Barbershop Option in lieu of an Allied Race since it took just as much work (more than most honestly)? Probably not. Now I could maybe see an option to have Kul Tirans and Stormwindians both have the options to look Bulky, Scrawny or Normal after you unlock the Allied Race but I mean... it's a stretch.
    That seems to be the best way or else you wouldn't really have Kul Tirans, you would just have bulky humans. Plus I want to roll a normal-looking human with Geralt hair!
    My biggest hope for the Kul Tirans though is that they right the biggest wrong in Alliance races. Gilneas was a German-inspired Kingdom, with Germanic architecture and a Germanic culture that they somehow made English. German accents for Kul Tiras, Blizzard you lazy schlubs
    No clue what their accents will be or even if they'll have accents separate from Stormwindians/Dalaranians/etc but culturally they're definitely Slavic. Drustvar looks like something straight out of the Witcher and Tiragarde Sound gives me a St. Petersburg vibe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I like female Pandaren, would never play a male

The male Kul'Tirans look pretty cool, might even race change my warrior to one. The females though, I would never play.
    Something feels 'off' about the female faces tbh.

sorry for my English.
    Kultiras man - TERRIBLE on the face.
    They are generally ... scary. Bad design.
    It was possible to make a model of fat people - nice. But these are terrible faces, on strange bodies. Blizzard did something terrible.
    Pandaren - look harmoniously.
    And it's just wrong. Thick people - separate race
    By this logic. I can not communicate with other people if they are in a normal / low weight.
    Last edited by PomPup; 2018-03-04 at 07:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    I mean, the problem is not that they are fat, but that they are uninteresting.

They are just different shapes of Humans, and not even a entire population of them, its just a mix of Bara/Regular and Thin humans.Nothing really special.
    While fucking Elves with different hair, skin or eye colors are much more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying a panda is overweight because it is basically the shape of a panda is not really the same as saying a Kul'Tiran human is overweight .......

But anyway, I think they look AMAZING, I wish that the original humans had stuck more to this believable design than all the men just being sausage shaped musclemen.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Kul Tiras men look like the kinda guys who win world's strongest man tournaments, I don't dislike it to be honest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    The problem is that the horde's allied races so far ( and orcs that are on their way) look cool and are things that are asked for.
    While the alliance is getting things thought up by interns. And have little to no work on them. So far it looks like they are putting a shit ton of time and money making the horde races look ( think the amount of work gone into new forms, new races) .cool while the alliance gets 1 cool race ( dwarfs) and this:

Dreanei: with permanent gift of naruu mark + tattoo's stolen from demon hunters.
    Emo elves: Blood elfs with blue skin and a magic effect stolen from mages...

But next to that. Kul tirans are supposed to be a epic race of naval people. And they look fucked up like this. Like they have years of inbreeding and either to much or little food. We where expecting cool looking humans like jaina. Not this.

So in short: Horde is getting cool stuff. And they are giving alliance players the middle finger with bad allied races, with little to no work put into them.
    They're not a fucking race. They're humans who live on an island!

Edit: I still don't think they'll ever be a playable race.
    Last edited by mmocc215b80cce; 2018-03-04 at 10:20 AM.

With dwarves, draenei, elves, trolls, orcs, tauren, and trolls, there are easily accepted alternative versions. But when it comes to humans, is there nothing acceptable?
    There is basically no color combination Blizzard can do an make an new human race that can't really already be done, or be believable as anything other than just human.

What difference is there between a human from Stormwind and a human from Lordaeron? Stromgarde? Dalaran? Alterac? Kul'Turas? The only difference for Gilneas is that they've been cursed to be Worgen. Before that they were just humans from Azeroth.

So how does Blizzard make another human nation playable without it being "just another human" which, if it was any other race, wouldn't be much of a problem. Orcs player cheer that they can be brown orcs. Zandalari trolls (and Amani trolls as well have been requested for a long time. And we've got four races of elves already, with people still yelling about High Elves. But humans? No too boring, Right? So we get these Kul'Tirans that are bulky, perhaps even half-Vrykul in decent, just so they can put in a new human Allied Race that shouldn't be brushed off casually because its human, because any other version of human would be brushed off even though new orcs, trolls, dwarves, and elves are not.

Players.....specieist against their own species.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    That seems to be the best way or else you wouldn't really have Kul Tirans, you would just have bulky humans. Plus I want to roll a normal-looking human with Geralt hair!

No clue what their accents will be or even if they'll have accents separate from Stormwindians/Dalaranians/etc but culturally they're definitely Slavic. Drustvar looks like something straight out of the Witcher and Tiragarde Sound gives me a St. Petersburg vibe.
    I could definitely see them being Slavic inspired culturally but I still want my German accents since we missed out on them before... and since we already have 2 different takes on Russian, which is more similar to most Slavic accents than anything else we have is to German.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was obese. As an ex-obese, I've got to tell you something. "Hating" (not the actual hating, but being harsh because of the fat) is what helped me to lose all of the fat. Obesity is mostly our fault. I was depressed because of my fat. If people were soft to me about it, I wouldn't have tried so much to clear this shit from me.

Quote Originally Posted by donmarker View Post
    They're not a fucking race. They're humans who live on an island!

Edit: I still don't think they'll ever be a playable race.
    Mag'har Orcs aren't a fucking race. They're Orcs that live outside of the desert!
    Highmountain Tauren aren't a fucking race. They're Tauren that live on a mountain!
    Lightforged Draenei aren't a fucking race. They're Draenei that live on a ship!
    Dark Iron Dwarves aren't a fucking race. They're Dwarves that live in a volcano!

Because Pandaren are like that by nature. Fat humans just seems like a shitty version of current humans.

(Also they are probably not playable. Who knows wtf alliance are getting.)