Thread: Holy?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy?

Is Holy Paladin tough to pick up for a newer healer? I was eventually wanting to heal keys and just normal bgs nothing crazy yet. Also, any good sites for guides?
    Last edited by Midtown24; 2018-02-23 at 12:04 PM.

Deleted
    As tough as every other healer probably.
    Level up, practice, understand how to pick your skills for bosses/dungeons.
    Easy to play, hard to master

Deleted
    I had a pretty hard time getting over that initial gear hump where your output is just crap. Maybe it's different now where you basically get 900 within a day or two.
    It does get strong later on, though. Very strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Midtown24 View Post
    Is Holy Paladin tough to pick up for a newer healer? I was eventually wanting to heal keys and just normal bgs nothing crazy yet. Also, any good sites for guides?
    Holy Paladin is the strongest healer in M+ right now, and as you will find out, it's entirely because of Beacon of Virtue. Now if you get the T21-2P bonus on top of that, don't even get me started how how insane BoV becomes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Holy Paladin is the strongest healer in M+ right now, and as you will find out, it's entirely because of Beacon of Virtue. Now if you get the T21-2P bonus on top of that, don't even get me started how how insane BoV becomes.
    I agree it's strong, but resto druids are kinda where its at as far as best healer for M+. Paladins and druids are both insanely strong for high keys, way above other classes, but druids are kings.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy pallies are pretty easy to get into. It's more pinpoint healing instead of a broad spectrum of aoe. PVP holy is ok but not fantastic, and they are really good in keys. Raids it kinda depends on a ton of different factors. For guides you're probably looking at going to http://icy-veins.com or heading over to the paladin discord where the majority of people go to get some quick answers and relatively decent advice.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to disagree with a portion of your statement. Yes druids and pallies share the top tier of m+ healing, however paladins currently hold nearly all the highest key runs making them the *kings/queens* and best healer. Check raider.io for stats, you'll see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuniqt View Post
    I'm going to disagree with a portion of your statement. Yes druids and pallies share the top tier of m+ healing, however paladins currently hold nearly all the highest key runs making them the *kings/queens* and best healer. Check raider.io for stats, you'll see what I mean.
    This. Paladins have unbelievable utility for mythic+ and extremely strong healing for literally any situation, there's no chance that druids are equal tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Hpals are great in random bg’s, and absolute badass’s in Mythicc+

They are chunky heals, so understand that healing in an aoe situation is only viable within a few seconds every couple of minutes. They have some massive high crit heals that really push it home in a lot of situations, and again - based on your talent/legendary choices - depends on what type of special chunk healer you want to be.

Have fun! (Crit is always a go to stat btw!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    This. Paladins have unbelievable utility for mythic+ and extremely strong healing for literally any situation, there's no chance that druids are equal tbh.
    The only upside Druids have over Paladins is their immense DPS potential.

@Karambo not the mobility? i thought paladin damage was allright

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    @Karambo not the mobility? i thought paladin damage was allright
    It’s decent, but we were nerfed a few patch cycles ago. You can still dps build and bring some great dps though on certain keys btw #shockadin

@dacoolist allright, thanks for the info ( god i wish there was a shockadin spec added to the game)

7+ Year Old Account
    Mobility is a key area druids do well in. Pallies are fairly mobile but we do need to flash to acieve our highest healing potential so at some point we have to stop to thread those in.

Regarding damage the issue most holy pally damage has is the inability to aoe. We can put some decent hurt on things but we give up wings and holy avenger to do it so it has to be during a period of relative safety and probably a single add>most likely a boss. Druids on the other hand can edge out a bit more, and have more options to bring it to bear (no pun intended). Thats said, if you have time to dps in the millions for a boss at high level m+ healer your tank shoud just be pulling more aggressively up to that boss... imho.

Ive seen dps get a key from 1 to 2 stars or 2 to 3 stars... but honestly its rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mobility is a key area druids do well in. Pallies are fairly mobile but we do need to flash to acieve our highest healing potential so at some point we have to stop to thread those in.

Regarding damage the issue most holy pally damage has is the inability to aoe. We can put some decent hurt on things but we give up wings and holy avenger to do it so it has to be during a period of relative safety and probably a single add>most likely a boss. Druids on the other hand can edge out a bit more, and have more options to bring it to bear (no pun intended). Thats said, if you have time to dps in the millions for a boss at high level m+ healer your tank shoud just be pulling more aggressively up to that boss... imho.

Ive seen dps get a key from 1 to 2 stars or 2 to 3 stars... but honestly its rare.

I agree to disagree. If you look at the front pages of raider.io you will see alot of holy pally. Except its alot of just a couple of the same people. Broaden that range to unique players, and you get something like the picture. 20-24 keys? Druids and pallies get a tad closer, druids still more apparent. 15-19? All classes are grabbing a cut.

Edit: I quoted the wrong statement. I'm referring to earlier.

7+ Year Old Account
    What you are looking at (as you know) is the unique players ranging from 25 to 29 key levels. Obviously your data suggests more druids are capable of higher keys but at the moment of this posting no druid has healed a +28 while not one but two pallies have. In this light I give the edge to pallies.

If in your opinion number of druids being greater than pallies in the top bracket (which is a range of difficulties) makes them better then by your metric I agree. The metric I would use for *best* however is capable of the highest tier>then to most populous to break a tie. Thats where Im coming from anyway.
    Last edited by Nuniqt; 2018-03-06 at 02:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you are looking at (as you know) is the unique players ranging from 25 to 29 key levels. Obviously your data suggests more druids are capable of higher keys but at the moment of this posting no druid has healed a +28 while not one but two pallies have. In this light I give the edge to pallies.

If in your opinion number of druids being greater than pallies in the top bracket (which is a range of difficulties) makes them better then by your metric I agree. The metric I would use for *best* however is capable of the highest tier>then to most populous to break a tie. Thats where Im coming from anyway.
    I'm actually more curious at what you are looking at, because I see 4 unique resto druids having healed a 28 and 3 unique paladins. The paladins in this case have done more, but perhaps they play more or do more unique keys. Whatever the variable may be the ~600 people logged into raider.io at keys 25-29 are too low of a population to correlate what could be better, and I suppose I'm at fault for saying druids are as good as it gets. The amount of people playing druid compared to paladin could be higher for example, or perhaps there are fewer holy paladins but they are better quality than the mass of druids.

You say because a couple holy paladins hold more 28 keys than the couple druids makes them better, I say the raw amount of unique players gives the answer. Regardless to whatever is correct, perhaps both ideas are wrong, I don't think this argument is relevant as the OP is a 'newer' healer making opinions on whats best a little diluted.

Assuming OP is the average player doing 10-19 keys casually, all healers are capable.

ITT bored players answering a "should I play Holy" thread with a discussion of the healer meta in M+.

If the guy had to ask, none of this is relevant. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazzeric View Post
    ITT bored players answering a "should I play Holy" thread with a discussion of the healer meta in M+.

If the guy had to ask, none of this is relevant. lol
    Technically a good chunk of it is relevent. OP asks if pallies are hard to learn. Answers are given. OP mentions they want to do keys and pvp. Both topics touched on. Asks for guides if possible. Given. Small M+ rant happens. Ends with no flaming, good day. To be honest I think this has been quite successful.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is the page to which I was referring, I assumed this was the one you were citing as well for your nice graphs above.

https://raider.io/mythic-plus/season...rboards-strict

If this information is not complete or is inacurate then my primary source is obsolete but to me I am seeing pink not orange for those few 28s. Perhapse this only accounts for runs completed within the time? At this point I'd like a bit of clarification myself.

@Mazzeric Did we get a bit carried away? Perhapse. Is that better or worse than feeling the need to comment on our m+ conversation in a way that adds no substance to the thread... only serves to bloat for the sake of commenting. I thought we had some good mojo going here, then someone goes throwin stones...

I just find it amusing that literally every M+ thread becomes a debate about viability that people pounce on immediately, in this case Druid vs Paladin healing, when the majority of the player base (especially a new player like the OP, who is learning how to heal) is not going to be doing keys where the distinction is ever relevant. The OP should focus on getting good/comfortable at a spec first and then worry about whether or not he can get into melee to DPS on a 24 Hyrja or whether or not Resto Druid catweave and bearweave makes his AOE healer DPS dick look small. The M+ meta is the most overstated shit ever that literally only applies to an extremely small % of the people pushing keys.