Poll: Your favourite Legion zone?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Suramar got my vote. It was immersive, the questline was very good. The city is outstanding. I think they put more effort into that zone than the others combined.
    I was hoping Boralus would be another Suramar, but its just a hub.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I vote for Argus - The Mightiest World in all of the Great Dark.

Sad that the Legion were pushed aside so easily there, but it's a very cool "Lair of the Final Boss" Zone. If only the terrain and infra-structure made more sense...

10+ Year Old Account
    visually i liked Mac'aree most. but that not an option without the rest of Argus....

So i would say Aszuna is the nicest zone

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Aesthetics? Suramar is amazing!
    Do i like any zone overall? All of them are shit imho.
    Can you give us an example of a zone you've liked, from any expansion? To give perspective on your tastes?

- - - Updated - - -

I thought all of them were solid, but Suramar is the best zone Blizz has ever done. Best story, best art, and something they almost never do: challenging world game play. That is, it could be challenging early in the expansion, before we had flying and out-geared it. It actually felt like we had to be careful when sneaking around an enemy zone, rather than waltzing in like we owned the place. We found ourselves thinking and using strategy like hopping rooftops and hiding in baskets and swimming canals. That was fresh and different and welcome, for some of us at least. I mean, if there is absolutely no danger, no chance that you could lose an encounter, can you even say you've had an adventure?

I am not at all surprised that the zone ranks first today, now that everyone has more perspective. Polls taken during 7.1.5 would have shown Suramar last place, by a lot. Players weren't ready for an outdoor zone where they weren't invincible gods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbrim View Post
    I really don't get the fascination with Suramar, worst zone since Ogri'la part of Blade's edge mountains. City is annoying to navigate and don't even get me started on Falanaar hellhole. Felsoul hold is the only part I don't hate going to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    How is Shitamar #1. That zone is goddamn piece of trash without flying.
    Name any zone from any expansion with a story as good as Suramar? Name any other zone in the history of WoW that featured some challenge? Outside of instances?
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2018-03-04 at 02:13 AM. Reason: typo

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I really like Suramar. The story line and everything leading up to the release of the raid was just epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Can you give us an example of a zone you've liked, from any expansion? To give perspective on your tastes?
    Grizzly Hills, Howling Fjord, Kun-Lai Summit, Alterac Mountains, Arathi Highlands, Winterspring, Nagrand, Scholazar Basin, Deepholm and a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Grizzly Hills, Howling Fjord, Kun-Lai Summit, Alterac Mountains, Arathi Highlands, Winterspring, Nagrand, Scholazar Basin, Deepholm and a few more.
    Hmmm... Main thing I can think of that those have in common is being pretty to look at. Did you not like the art in Legion zones? I thought the artists did great work.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

fav zone to play in : val'sharah
    fav zone aesthetically :- Azshara
    Best zone storyline :- Suramar

Deleted
    If I have to pick then Stormheim. I dislike all of legion Zones to some degree due to them feeling too unnatural and often too high/"cliffy". Azsuna is kind of an exception but that is only elven ruins. If you'd put that and Suramar together as one Zone I would choose that.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of them are too forgettable imo.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

All of them were shit. They made me miss WoD's.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranj View Post
    Thought of Thal'dranath while playing BfA alphabeta, and wondered to myself, which BfA zone they will cull?

(they always cull something).
    In BfA reveal we only saw launch zones, and they all kinda done. Thal'dranath was planned as patch island.

I think they wanted it to be middle tier and end expac at Broken Shore and Tomb of Sargeras - Argus would be separate expansion. But they correctly predicted that people will be sick of fel and demons, so they scrapped Thal'dranath and made Argus zones instead (it is really obvious, when you see Q&A with Ion from May 2016).

As for topic, I would say Suramar > Mac'Aree (we can't really judge Argus as one zone) > Valsharah. These 3 had perfect look, music and story. Honorable mention for image of felstorm above Tomb of Sargeras, it was way more threatening than anything on Argus.

Suramar in terms of how visually pleasing it is. Followed by Val'sharah and High Mountain. The first time I saw the cliffs in Stormheim, from the flying mount, it was pretty incredible too.

However Legion's maps are also the most annoying to travel at, from a ground perspective. So hard to pinpoint my favorite as they all, at some point or another, annoyed me really bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Highmountain is my favourite. Really beautiful zone with lots of levels and nooks and crannies to explore. Gorgeous to look at too.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

5+ Year Old Account
    Most fun; Suramar.
    Best atmosphere + exploring; Highmountain.
    Most impressive + noteworthy; Argus.

Also kinda sad to see how unpopular Broken Shore is/was, though it makes sense. I love it as a transition from "Legion" to Argus, but as a patch zone it was boring.

So I picked Thal'Dranath \_(O_o)_/
    Last edited by FreshKamel; 2018-03-04 at 11:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRacoon View Post
    Thanks for secret leak
    Quote Originally Posted by Julisel View Post
    Very very thanks !

5+ Year Old Account
    Voted "Thal'Dranath" for lulz. #RIP

Srsly though, Highmountain. I love snow and I love anything evoking Storm Peaks.
    Owner & Operator of The Barrens Grind Support Group
    Survivor of Early TBC Ganklethorn Vale
    Horde Till I Die

If I would rank zones according to visuals alone, then Azsuna (green part), Stormheim and Suramar would be top spots for Legion. Gameplay wise, they are all shit. Cramped, vertically dense mazes that are very counter intuitive in some cases to a new player. Personally, I like open, uncongested terrain. Preferably green. Valley of the four winds, Kun-Lai Summit, Nagrand, these are all way better IMO.

For me I've enjoyed all the zones, but top of my list are:-

1) Val'Sharah
    2) Stormheim
    3) Highmountain

I like the others, just not as much :P

Deleted
    First time none of them i love pandaria cataclysm and warlords

Hands down Suramar miles ahead of the others.