Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    Keep telling yourself that. MoP was done when I quit. The story was finished. Had I quit during Throne of Thunder, you’d have a point. I was satisfied with MoP. Why that a problem for you, I don’t know and, frankly, I don’t care. You don’t need to like it. I did. I left because I was done. That had nothing to do with MoP.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess. Flawed logic is a a norm these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Yes. It does. If you pull your head out of your ass.

I did the same thing. I liked Mists, but there was a 14 month gap from the last raid to WoD and I saw no reason to stick around for all of that so I took the last 9 months off.

The content that they had was very good. Not perfect - definitely some missteps etc (the content drought being the worst). But it was good for the first 12-15 months. With a 9-10 month content gap it would be been even better but I solved that like an adult and simply unsubbed when I was done.

- - - Updated - - -

Sigh. Pull your head out and think. All we're sayings that the content drought was too long. You can look at that as "they should have released content during that" or "they should have developed Warlords faster" but the content that Mists had was mostly quite good. They simply dropped the ball on WoD and didn't have it ready fast enough (it was 26 months between Mists and WoD when the average is about 22).
    Sorry. but the reason you quit was because of MoP. You can't blame WoD(which wasn't even out) for you getting fed up and bored with MoP. You quit MoP because you realized it was a shit expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it was a good expansion. I really liked the sha theme.

SoO was the shit. I fucking love that raid. For me MoP was the pinnacle of class design & gameplay in WoW. We also had such nice trinkets, like the agi sha trinket, garrosh trinket for aff locks (if I remember correctly), destro was the best it ever was in MoP, affli was fun too, had snapshotting, shit, soul swap was also fun. Survi hunter... eh... good old times.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2018-03-04 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar Ragnarsson View Post
    SoO was the shit. I fucking love that raid. For me MoP was the pinnacle of class design & gameplay in WoW. We also had such nice trinkets, like the agi sha trinket, garrosh trinket for aff locks (if I remember correctly), destro was the best it ever was in MoP, affli was fun too, had snapshotting, shit, soul swap was also fun. Survi hunter... eh... good old times.
    Pretty much, yes.
    Especially the class design for me. SoO and even more so, ToT were epic.

In general, I always thought that class design and game play improved with every expansion but after MoP, it really did. It was such an odd 180 turn there and it's still and issue im my opinion.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Because MoP was amazing, and the "hurr durr pandas!"-crowd has finally fucked off.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    MoP was one of the best expansions.

Except that panda's should not have become a playable race.

Generally speaking, most people who love something aren't gonna be going to some forums and posting all-day Long how bad XY is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladedance View Post
    everyone was far more salty about the kung fu panda expansion than they are now. Just, for a second, imagine that MOP didn't exist (yet), and after imprisoning Sargeras and defeating a Titan you would get friggin Pandas, idk about you but I would not be too happy.
    You are exactly the crowd that would never understand why MoP so great, no matter how well other people explain it, because you only focus on "friggin Pandas".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brader View Post
    Except that panda's should not have become a playable race.
    What makes Pandas a worse race than tauren in your opinion? (not hating against tauren here, I just do not see the difference).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    What makes Pandas a worse race than tauren in your opinion? (not hating against tauren here, I just do not see the difference).
    Because "muh jokes" and kung fu panda

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    You are exactly the crowd that would never understand why MoP so great, no matter how well other people explain it, because you only focus on "friggin Pandas".

- - - Updated - - -

U dont see the difference between a bull and a panda?

Taurens are in the game since the beginning, cant really compare panda's to it.

No one says they are worse or bad, putting them in the game is ok, but making them the new playable race was a huge mistake.

In my book, MoP was the last decently crafted xpac... until now and probably the future.

I didn't hate Cata or any xpac before that. But WoD was simply a nightmare, they are doing a little better now, but they are not really back to the standard of MoP and before and I guess they never will be, or want to be for that matter.

Huge plus: Excellent music! And last time we had dedicated raid music.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, one is a cow and one is a bear, remember, we have dogs and goats, too ( I don't think goats were in the original lore, or were they?.

Taurens are in the game since the beginning, cant really compare panda's to it.

No one says they are worse or bad, putting them in the game is ok, but making them the new playable race was a huge mistake.
    Yes, but WHY was it a mistake? Why are bulls ok and pandas not? Both are anthropomorphic animals.

If you go with the "but they were there from the beginning" argument for tauren that you must also dislike draenei because they are from a visual point closely connected to goats and were NOT there from the beginning.
    And what about worgen? They are clearly wolfs (werewolfs) that were put into the game at the same time Twilight was in it's prime. Yes, I understand the curse was there longer than that, but still they are basically the same: antropomorphic animals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess. Flawed logic is a a norm these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry. but the reason you quit was because of MoP. You can't blame WoD(which wasn't even out) for you getting fed up and bored with MoP. You quit MoP because you realized it was a shit expansion.
    Seriously, does the fact that other people enjoy something really bother you that much? Why does it matter? Yes. I enjoyed MoP. I quit the game because I finished the damn game. I played and enjoyed all the content it had to offer. I raided the hell out of it. Got my mount from Garrosh. Had the heirloom weapons. Cleared Brawlers guild. Collected all the pets. Got the rare mounts I cared about. And had a good time doing it. Get over yourself. Its okay that you don't like the game. Its not okay that you take issue with others enjoying it.

I left at the end of BC while waiting for Wrath. Does that mean BC was a shit expansion too? Of course not. I just didn't feel like paying a sub while waiting for the next expansion. That doesn't make an expansion bad if I've completed it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    MoP is far superior to any expansion after it so far, the only people NOT praising pandaland is the salty kungfu panda commenters.

Class design was godly
    Wpvp was very much alive, and even balanced compared to the shitshows of WoD and Legion
    Pvp was alive in general
    The pve was great, varied, we have scenarios raids dungeons and dailies that switched up constantly, were not tedious at all honestly.

I could go on but yeah.. the lore was actually pretty expansive too. This was the last xpac before Blizz B team, otherwise known as the D3 team, took over and started pruning all of our abilities and implementing their fucktarded dumbass ideas.
    Pretty much this, there was a patch in MoP where PvP took a shit cause PvP Power no longer effected the healing of Hybrid classes (like WW Monk) but other than that MoP was really amazing, classes actually had more than 4 buttons and weren't streamlined like they are now

Deleted
    Seriously, does the fact that other people enjoy something really bother you that much? Why does it matter? Yes. I enjoyed MoP. I quit the game because I finished the damn game. I played and enjoyed all the content it had to offer. I raided the hell out of it. Got my mount from Garrosh. Had the heirloom weapons. Cleared Brawlers guild. Collected all the pets. Got the rare mounts I cared about. And had a good time doing it. Get over yourself. Its okay that you don't like the game. Its not okay that you take issue with others enjoying it.

I left at the end of BC while waiting for Wrath. Does that mean BC was a shit expansion too? Of course not. I just didn't feel like paying a sub while waiting for the next expansion. That doesn't make an expansion bad if I've completed it first.
    You stated :
    I quit during the months leading up to WoD, but it had nothing to do with Pandaria.
    Which is a laughable statement that holds no logic. You can't quit a game that isn't out.

I think mop had the best class design. You'll frequently see me on here saying they should just revert the classes back to MoP. I enjoyed playing every class in MoP but now I play them just because I want all the stuff so I "have to".
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

MoP was the absolute pinnacle of class design. This is the one particular reason why it's #1 for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated MOP when it was current content. I felt like it was super boring until SoO patch, at that point I got to do the Warlock quest for the Black Harvest title, and the lore started to pick up again.

Looking back and leveling through I now see it as one of the best stand alone expansions. Thematically it's solid, consistent, and brought a lot of originality from Blizzard like the Grummle and their quirkiness.

Not to mention "War Crimes" book came out and that was an amazing story to read.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I agree it was overwhelming. Imo it was very good content, you just had to no-life to be able to enjoy it and otherwise it just felt strenuous. I had a ton of time in my hands during the first few months of MoP so I absolutely loved the amount of content there.
    I got burned out badly on the first months of MoP myself. It wasn't until 5.1+, especially 5.4, that I truly got into MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I think the levelling experience in MoP was probably their strongest. And it had a lot of good raids. Oh and the dominance offensive questlines were awesome.
    Couldn't disagree more. The zones were good to look at, but man were the quests dull. For me easily the worst expansion in terms of leveleling experience.