Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

It's beyond stupid that the Legion was finished without us fighting Sargeras

Instead, we fight some shallow placeholder boss, and then all we get is a cinematic of Sargeras being imprisoned. Sargeras has been the big bad guy for so long, they've been building up to a battle with him for ages. And then they don't? We fight Archimonde, we fight Kil'jaeden, but not Sargeras?

How did they even imprison him? How the hell did the Pantheon even revive? They were all killed off by Sargeras and their spirits lost. Aman'Thul was aborbed by Lei Shen and should have died with him.

It's just fucking stupid that Sargeras, at full power, can be imprisoned by the Pantheon who he already killed once that revived out of nowhere. They should have at least let us battle him. We're probably never gonna see the Legion in the spotlight again, and this is the way they concluded it? Bullshit.

Anything to control the power-creep of the Player Character is a good move.

Weren't you warned several times not to make threads like this?

And I think it was a cool ending to a decent expansion, too bad you didn't like it.

Sometimes I wonder if @Kul Tiras and @JustRob are the same person....

I feel like we didn't fight him because he's just simply too powerful for us to even stand a chance, but at the same time it was a failing of Blizzard to build him up so much and allow the players to assume that we would actually go toe-to-toe with him one day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Welcome back Rob, I've missed your whining.

And we indirectly fought him. We free the Pantheon to allow them to shoot a big beam at Sargeras, ultimately defeating him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Instead, we fight some shallow placeholder boss, and then all we get is a cinematic of Sargeras being imprisoned. Sargeras has been the big bad guy for so long, they've been building up to a battle with him for ages. And then they don't? We fight Archimonde, we fight Kil'jaeden, but not Sargeras?

How did they even imprison him? How the hell did the Pantheon even revive? They were all killed off by Sargeras and their spirits lost. Aman'Thul was aborbed by Lei Shen and should have died with him.

It's just fucking stupid that Sargeras, at full power, can be imprisoned by the Pantheon who he already killed once that revived out of nowhere. They should have at least let us battle him. We're probably never gonna see the Legion in the spotlight again, and this is the way they concluded it? Bullshit.
    Its called leaving something ‘for later’ if creativity stops working for folks at blizzard, they will revive another burning legion expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    You were told, though. As well, I think it is good to show that we, the mortals, aren't really in much power to handle a full powered, ancient titan anyways. Even Illidan isn't fully able to, but takes the choice to join the rest of the Pantheon to hold Sargeras down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skidfromsteamwheedlecarte View Post
    Its called leaving something ‘for later’ if creativity stops working for folks at blizzard, they will revive another burning legion expansion
    To be honest, considering that the Legion was aiming to fight the void as well, I could imagine a future alliance where we need the powers of the dark titan to take on the void.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Do you really think puny mortals are ready to fight a guy who can stab an entire planet?

Quote Originally Posted by skidfromsteamwheedlecarte View Post
    I didn't say we had to kill him. It just would have made a lot more fucking sense if we beat him into submission, THEN imprisoned him. Right now it looks like Sargeras is just chilling, doing his thing, when boom beam hits him and he's imprisoned. Without even entering the fight himself. Fucking pathetic for the Burning Legion's great leader.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Do you really think puny mortals are ready to fight a guy who can stab an entire planet?
    Well at least we can constantly resurrect and fight again and again and again...

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Well at least we can constantly resurrect and fight again and again and again...
    Sargeras, I've come to bargain.

So it’s stupid that Sargeras at full power can be imprisoned by the pantheon but not stupid that we little mortals could fight him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Weren't you warned several times not to make threads like this?

And I think it was a cool ending to a decent expansion, too bad you didn't like it.
    nice picture

@op - do you seriously think we are at the power level to fight sargeras? seriously? the dude is big enough that his sword takes up an entire zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    So it’s stupid that Sargeras at full power can be imprisoned by the pantheon but not stupid that we little mortals could fight him?
    the pantheon is literally his colleagues. see that open seat during the argus boss fight? thats his.

he was a member of the pantheon. and the best his colleagues can do, is imprison him. so what chance would we have?

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    To be fair, we are not just stupid little mortals, beyond that your logic is sound.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

But they needed to have that possible return of the Burning Legion somewhere...

Your thread is beyond fucking stupid, Legion's ending is not. I for one never expected us to fight Sargeras, prior to Legion I always expected Sargeras' spirit to have been lost in the Twisting Nether and Kil'Jaeden to be the acting leader of the Legion, and that we would ultimately defeat the Legion by killing Kil'Jaeden. And that much, much, much later Sargeras would somehow return to physical form and create a Legion 2.0 to keep the story going for another decade. Didn't quite happen like that, but close enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    We should never ever fight a titan - fallen or otherwise. Aid in the combat yes, but no direct confrontation.

It's bad enough we have fought weakened Old gods.

I agree, considering WoW's current lifespan and the scale of Legion, we should have fought him with the Titans help.

My guess? The Titans are going to have to free him to get his help when defeating the Void.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Deleted
    They are keeping all the good shit for when the subs really do drop to below 1m, just to drag all the players back..