Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Will we be free from the tedious Missions Table in the future?

I hate it. I don't evne want to start with the Garrison (made me quit WoW after Highmaul becausei was donezo witht hat stuff), Legion wass "better" but still mandatory for a bunch of reason, and it was a total mess to keep up with with alts, so still shti for me.

Now we still have this content apparently in BfA as well, and i see almost nobody praising this system.
    I DON'T WANT TO PLAY WOW MANAGER 2018, I DONT GIVE 2 F ABOUT WASTING TIME MANAGING MISSIONS AND FOLLOWERS AND SHIT. stop this agony

Will we fuck.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    despite the massive amount of grammar errors, the raging and whining he does have a point. I also disliked the order hall/garrison mission table. Is it back in BfA?
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

they'll likely only replace it once they come up with something even worse. that's how it usually goes with the minor irritations

Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    I hate it. I don't evne want to start with the Garrison (made me quit WoW after Highmaul becausei was donezo witht hat stuff), Legion wass "better" but still mandatory for a bunch of reason, and it was a total mess to keep up with with alts, so still shti for me.

Now we still have this content apparently in BfA as well, and i see almost nobody praising this system.
    I DON'T WANT TO PLAY WOW MANAGER 2018, I DONT GIVE 2 F ABOUT WASTING TIME MANAGING MISSIONS AND FOLLOWERS AND SHIT. stop this agony
    I understand not liking it, but it's an extremely small amount of time required. The "mandatory" stuff, is extremely short and usually only lasts a small amount before it's done. Like when a new patch comes out, and it's like "hey unlock this by spending 10seconds a day starting a new mission"

And the only other thing I'd consider "mandatory" in a way, would be raid missions, which again, 10seconds a fortnight.

I understand not liking it, but it's a fairly small reason to quit or start a huge fuss over, it's not mandatory on alts whatsoever. Half my alts don't even have more than the basic followers you get in the class hall quests. And yet they're 960~, 75 traits.

You deciding non-mandatory things are suddenly mandatory, is your own issue. It's an extremely small amount of time required to keep up with it. That's the same as complaining enchants and gems are terrible mandatory things you're forced to purchase and put on, takes 10seconds, is equally as "mandatory" and equally as silly to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    despite the massive amount of grammar errors, the raging and whining he does have a point. I also disliked the order hall/garrison mission table. Is it back in BfA?
    Yes, it's back.

But fuck the mission table. Blizzard should finally remove this piece of crap. There's nothing fun or interesting about it (It's not content), it's just a mandatory* thing that you have to wait for hours and days. It's especially frustrating that the order hall and artifact Progression is bound with it as well as some rewards require it.

* inb4 someone says that you don't need to do it: Yes, true, but not using it is just stupid because of the rewards (ap, tons of gold, a lot of rep, raid quest starters etc)

I would recommend that they finally get rid of it and instead give us a couple more world quests or add something to other parts of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    I understand not liking it, but it's an extremely small amount of time required. The "mandatory" stuff, is extremely short and usually only lasts a small amount before it's done. Like when a new patch comes out, and it's like "hey unlock this by spending 10seconds a day starting a new mission"

And the only other thing I'd consider "mandatory" in a way, would be raid missions, which again, 10seconds a fortnight.

I understand not liking it, but it's a fairly small reason to quit or start a huge fuss over, it's not mandatory on alts whatsoever. Half my alts don't even have more than the basic followers you get in the class hall quests. And yet they're 960~, 75 traits.

You deciding non-mandatory things are suddenly mandatory, is your own issue. It's an extremely small amount of time required to keep up with it. That's the same as complaining enchants and gems are terrible mandatory things you're forced to purchase and put on, takes 10seconds, is equally as "mandatory" and equally as silly to complain about.
    There's nothing to defend the Mission table for. Even if it wasn't mandatory or rewarding, then this would be just one more reason to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yes, it's back.

But fuck the mission table. Blizzard should finally remove this piece of crap. There's nothing fun or interesting about it (It's not content), it's just a mandatory* thing that you have to wait for hours and days. It's especially frustrating that the order hall and artifact Progression is bound with it as well as some rewards require it.

* inb4 someone says that you don't need to do it: Yes, true, but not using it is just stupid because of the rewards (ap, tons of gold, a lot of rep, raid quest starters etc)

I would recommend that they finally get rid of it and instead give us a couple more world quests or add something to other parts of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

There's nothing to defend the Mission table for. Even if it wasn't mandatory or rewarding, then this would be just one more reason to remove it.

With that logic (see: bolded) I sure hope you do every single WQ that is up, because you know - they reward the same shit.

The missions table is hardly mandatory, sure you get nice rewards from it, but it's not like you will be useless if you don't do it. The free gold is amazing, the AP was decent when we needed that, always cool with free epics you can vendor because 9/10 times it is a piece you don't need. But that doesn't make it mandatory anymore than WQ's are mandatory.

And if a missions table is enough for you to quit playing WoW, I would go out on a limb and say there are a ton of other issues you have with the game. Because you could always just not do it, if you don't like it. But if you do feel like you have to do it, it really doesn't take many calorioes to send out a couple of missions while you take a shit before leaving for work in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Except there is, just because YOU don't appreciate its existence, does not mean others don't. And it doesn't mean it isn't a good financial decision for Blizzard.

Its gold is far from mandatory, but a lot of players set up characters to farm it, and stay subbed far longer than they would normally because of that. Making it a smart business decision to keep it up.

Aswell as those players just straight up enjoying its existence, busy players who don't have the time to rep farm, ap farm etc suddenly get the option of having a no-time cost route to take.

The issue is players thinking that rep, gold or AP post-75 is mandatory. It's not. Just because you FEEL like you should be doing it (because ofc you do, it takes 10seconds) does not make it mandatory in any shape of the imagination. That's like saying mythic raiding is mandatory, so you can get the best gear.

For raiders, the only thing that could be perceived as semi-mandatory, is the raid missions. Which is a 10second time sink once a fortnight. Not exactly something to start riots over, trying to remove something others enjoy.

For note, I don't care for the mission table much, I do it daily, wouldn't miss it if it was gone. But I'm also able to look past my own opinion on it, and see that a shit ton of players enjoy having what is basically "Free stuff"

10+ Year Old Account
    I want it to stay for the rest of WoW's life, because I make dem big moneyz with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    With that logic (see: bolded) I sure hope you do every single WQ that is up, because you know - they reward the same shit.
    ???

I haven't said that I'm doing ALL missions, but that it's stupid if you ignore the mission table, thus you should do it, but it's also pretty mandatory because of the order hall progression.

The missions table is hardly mandatory, sure you get nice rewards from it, but it's not like you will be useless if you don't do it. The free gold is amazing, the AP was decent when we needed that, always cool with free epics you can vendor because 9/10 times it is a piece you don't need. But that doesn't make it mandatory anymore than WQ's are mandatory.
    And WQ's are fine. At least they involve some gameplay instead of waiting and passively generating loot. Those 2 cannot be compared, same as you can't compare raiding with the Mission table.

And if a missions table is enough for you to quit playing WoW, I would go out on a limb and say there are a ton of other issues you have with the game. Because you could always just not do it, if you don't like it. But if you do feel like you have to do it, it really doesn't take many calorioes to send out a couple of missions while you take a shit before leaving for work in the morning.
    Stop making things up, I never said that I was gonna quit because of it.

You've completely missed the point and your comparisons don't make any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Except there is, just because YOU don't appreciate its existence, does not mean others don't. And it doesn't mean it isn't a good financial decision for Blizzard.

Its gold is far from mandatory, but a lot of players set up characters to farm it, and stay subbed far longer than they would normally because of that. Making it a smart business decision to keep it up.

Aswell as those players just straight up enjoying its existence, busy players who don't have the time to rep farm, ap farm etc suddenly get the option of having a no-time cost route to take.

The issue is players thinking that rep, gold or AP post-75 is mandatory. It's not. Just because you FEEL like you should be doing it (because ofc you do, it takes 10seconds) does not make it mandatory in any shape of the imagination. That's like saying mythic raiding is mandatory, so you can get the best gear.

For raiders, the only thing that could be perceived as semi-mandatory, is the raid missions. Which is a 10second time sink once a fortnight. Not exactly something to start riots over, trying to remove something others enjoy.

For note, I don't care for the mission table much, I do it daily, wouldn't miss it if it was gone. But I'm also able to look past my own opinion on it, and see that a shit ton of players enjoy having what is basically "Free stuff"
    I'm yet to see anyone enjoying this. The only good thing about it is that you almost passively generate loot, but this could be instead incorporated into other content. I'd rather do something to get rewarded than just wait.

And the most riddiculous thing about it is that Blizzard haven't even introduced this system as Something that Players should really enjoy, but as you said it, as a business move. Which makes sense ofc, but it's also terrible game design as they could give players entertaining gameplay AND get Something out of it.

Deleted
    Remove that garbage.

I'm yet to see anyone enjoying this. The only good thing about it is that you almost passively generate loot, but this could be instead incorporated into other content. I'd rather do something to get rewarded than just wait.

And the most riddiculous thing about it is that Blizzard haven't even introduced this system as Something that Players should really enjoy, but as you said it, as a business move. Which makes sense ofc, but it's also terrible game design as they could give players entertaining gameplay AND get Something out of it.
    Definitely plenty of people who like it, and stay subbed because of it, I don't think many people are hyped over it, but moreso just "yeah this is nice, free stuff".

You also sound like you're under the assumption we're losing out on other content because of it. I think it's more of a nothingness bonus, extremely little effort from Blizz goes into it, for monetary gain from it.

Saying it's terrible gameplay design BECAUSE they could do something else, assumes they would have an alternative, that they are choosing to scrap something in order to keep this up. I don't think that's the case, I can't think of something they could add, that requires as little creation time as mission tables have, but enough content that players have things to do in-game daily.

It would have to be world quests, with SIGNIFICANTLY less creation time. Which just isn't possible.

Your point makes sense 100%, and I agree with you, IF we were losing something because of it. But I don't think that's the case. They'd literally just throw away money by removing it.

???
    I haven't said that I'm doing ALL missions, but that it's stupid if you ignore the mission table, thus you should do it, but it's also pretty mandatory because of the order hall progression.

And WQ's are fine. At least they involve some gameplay instead of waiting and passively generating loot. Those 2 cannot be compared, same as you can't compare raiding with the Mission table.
    But WQs are just as mandatory as Order Hall missions, they do after all reward the exact same things - epics, BoS, AP, Gold, materials. So if one of the two are mandatory because of the rewards, then the other one is just as mandatory to do.
    And WQs are rather passively done now, you fly in and oneshot everything then leave 30 seconds later. (or sign up for a group and do it AFK)

And the Order Hall progression is something you did once, and honestly isn't even mandatory to do anymore, as you get your 3rd relic slot instantly now.

Stop making things up, I never said that I was gonna quit because of it.
    That one was my bad, was directed at someone else earlier in the thread.

You've completely missed the point and your comparisons don't make any sense.
    And the only point made so far in this thread is "I don't like X so it is stupid and should be removed because I feel it is mandatory to do it!" which honestly is a rather moo-point, that can be solved by simply not doing the shit you don't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    They should replace mission tables for dungeon and raid attunements.

Aside from some early content, I don't in any way understand how people consider it mandatory. It's just free gold/AP/Rep for visiting the guild hall.

I like the missions, especially thanks to the app which allows me to contribute to my characters power in the bathroom of my office and I hope they continue and further improve the system.

Anyone defending follower missions is either a blizzard shill or a retard.

I like the mission table; at least the Legion one. Few followers and it is rather simple to level them all up and upgrade them properly, not to mention that catching up with things takes one week. They're a good source of certain materials, seals, AP, gold and then some. It is basically a way to easily acquire certain things without putting in much effort once it is set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    All you had to do with them throughout Legion is to send out a maximum of ten missions. Up to five for the original class campaign and two or three on Argus. The remaining two out of the ten are there just for good measure incase I forgot some.

It is in no way mandatory or a burden. At this point you can completely ignore them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love the mission tables. Glad to see they're staying.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    click 5x send is so tedious
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..