Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Live credits carrying other to a non P2W system hurts nobody. Simple. It's greed and nothing more.
    Oh I know I was just being funny...

Rift Prime is a fucken joke, People are paying Trion to not put p2w shit in the game and to lock them out of content.

That is some EA levels of bullshit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Why Rift is rather.. interesting to me, wtf is up with situations like this o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Oh I know I was just being funny...

Rift Prime is a fucken joke, People are paying Trion to not put p2w shit in the game and to lock them out of content.

That is some EA levels of bullshit.
    Progression idea is fine. That's how any standard progression server works.

But the way they advertise this progression is that it's classic. Sorry but "good old days" makes me think that. It's misleading imo.

Progression idea is fine. That's how any standard progression server works.

But the way they advertise this progression is that it's classic. Sorry but "good old days" makes me think that. It's misleading imo.
    Agreed, I have no issue with Progression Servers and they costing (EQ has been doing it for ages). But the fact some people are ok with Trion's system just dumbfounds me.

People are paying them to be locked out of content and not have p2w shit. I tip my hat off to Trion because I think even EA wouldn't pull that stunt. If this "Classic" server is just the live shit but locked to classic than it isn't classic.

The same can be achieved with a progression guild and not cost $15 a month.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    1) Can be done on the live server with a progression guild (For Free)
    No you can't. Fresh start means everyone else starts fresh, too. Includes the economy etc. Not just starting a new character at lvl 1.

2) It has never been stated that its a progression server, Just that its a "Classic" server
    That's exactly what has been stated. Trion hasn't said classic at all.
    3) Ok? So you are giving Trion $15 a month to avoid having a P2W cash shop. How in anyway is that a bonus? You are paying Trion to not ruin the game....FUCKEN LOL.
    That's how all F2P and B2P MMO's operate. Welcome to reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

People, calm down.

I will bite the bullet on this one.

I will report back probably Saturday if I remember with how the launch went.

The rose tinted glasses are burning and demand a sacrifice of time

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    No you can't. Fresh start means everyone else starts fresh, too. Includes the economy etc. Not just starting a new character at lvl 1.

1. Well yeah it can. Level to 50 and do those raids with the gear intended.

2. They really did imply it. The wording to me says Classic not Prime. It just does.

3. Lol what? GW2 doesn't have any sub perks and is in no way P2W. And Wildstar and ESO have subs and are not P2W.

To say a game has to have a sub to avoid the P2W crap is rubbish. There are games without subs or have the optional sub and in no way are P2W.

And Rift is unique because it's swung the model around more times than a flail. Which is not really a resounding success of the game. 3 model switches is bad.

Not to mention it's charging you to access the non p2w stuff and not even letting you use your live credits because "fresh start" despite the fact the Prime shop has nothing that can give you an advantage.

Sub, F2P, back to B2P and back to F2P.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-04 at 04:01 PM.

1) Yes you can, Clearly you never played in a Progression Guild.

2) Provide me a source of them saying its a progression server otherwise I call bullshit. Because there (Go Back to Where It All Began!) imply's different.

3) No it isn't,Wild Star/GW2 and many others would like a world with you.

You have openly admitted a bonus to this is them not adding a P2W cash shop. HOW IN THE FUCK IS THAT A BONUS that shouldn't be a thing period.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    People, calm down.

I will bite the bullet on this one.

I will report back probably Saturday if I remember with how the launch went.

The rose tinted glasses are burning and demand a sacrifice of time
    What rose tinted? It's not classic. Period.

15+ Year Old Account
    1) Yes you can, Clearly you never played in a Progression Guild.
    Oh you can reset the server economy. Great, good for you.

2) Provide me a source of them saying its a progression server otherwise I call bullshit. Because there (Go Back to Where It All Began!) imply's different.
    How about the official Trion's Rift Prime FAQ?
    https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/...ift-prime-faq/

"What is RIFT Prime?
    RIFT Prime is a progression server, meaning that the server begins with content and level caps restricted to that of the original RIFT launch, then gradually unlocks additional content and expands the level cap over time. This allows RIFT Prime players to experience each set of content from RIFT’s history in sequence.

RIFT Prime will not be an exact copy of launch RIFT, and certain features that were added to RIFT to expand gameplay or improve quality of life will be available from day one. These include: Dimensions, Looking for Group, Looking for Raid, current Warfronts, and Wardrobes."

So please, stop all the classic bullshit. It's right there in the FAQ.
    You have openly admitted a bonus to this is them not adding a P2W cash shop. HOW IN THE FUCK IS THAT A BONUS that shouldn't be a thing period.
    You can debate the live Rift business model in another discussion.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

"What is RIFT Prime?
    RIFT Prime is a progression server, meaning that the server begins with content and level caps restricted to that of the original RIFT launch, then gradually unlocks additional content and expands the level cap over time. This allows RIFT Prime players to experience each set of content from RIFT’s history in sequence.

RIFT Prime will not be an exact copy of launch RIFT, and certain features that were added to RIFT to expand gameplay or improve quality of life will be available from day one. These include: Dimensions, Looking for Group, Looking for Raid, current Warfronts, and Wardrobes."

Cool so your paying them to keep out the P2W cash shop(as u admitted) and lock you behind content...

Congratz.

Like I said you clearly don't know how a progression guild works.

Edit: Everything listed in that FAQ can be done on the live servers RIGHT NOW with a progression guild.

"What is RIFT Prime?

Funny how they leave out current soul trees in that list. See those QoL changes I'd agree with. Using the modern soul trees however I don't. And I don't believe any of their excuses for a second considering the past excuses they've made towards why they can't do this and that in the game or why a patch was delayed for example.

They aren't really experiencing the content as is "in Rifts history" though. They just aren't. The modifications made such as the lack of current soul trees and number changes already invalidate that.

This is not "go back to the good old days at all". It's "go back to an alternate universe".

To experience the content as is would be 1.0 as is with current soul trees and those 1.0 systems with QoL changes such as bugfixes and QoL modes like colorblind settings.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-04 at 04:14 PM.

What rose tinted? It's not classic. Period.
    I put maybe 6-8 hours every other month out of nostalgia

Just missing the good ol days of cabalcar invasionfarming

(Im aware that won't be there.)

15+ Year Old Account
    How about you guys focus on what it is instead of what it isn't?

Because what it is seems to be not what a lot of people asked for.

As I said earlier you are welcome to ignore people being critical.

Ok than.

It is locking people out of content and not using the p2w cash shop at the cost of $15 under the reuse of it being a progression server.

Better for you?

The difference between live and "Classic"

The content you have access to, the $15 sub cost and no P2W cash shop....

That's it.

Hey, if I can do Realm of the Fae at an actual pace instead of a blitz, im happy

10+ Year Old Account
    This all screams final attempt to milk Rift before it closes shop.
    Mmm.

It's definitely got the "one last payday" feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    Hey, if I can do Realm of the Fae at an actually pace instead of a blitz, im happy
    Ironically that's the one of two dungeons I hate from Classic.

Ironically that's the one of two dungeons I hate from Classic.
    The video I saw of it is why I bought it