Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if @Kul Tiras and @JustRob are the same person....
    We are not.

Believe it or not, there's more than one person in this world who doesn't go around forums with mock civility, passive aggressive inflammatory remarks and a "you posted more than 2 sentences so it's a rant" attitude. We post what we believe, and write the same way we speak.

Welcome to the internet up to 2008, before the League of Legends devs came up with the imaginary non-issue of "internet toxicity", and turned the majority of the internet into a censored, sissified, basement dwelling virgin safe space.

Also, I see your crusade to increase your post count with inane posts in every thread you go into is going well. Enjoy another report for another useless inflammatory post. If I wrote the shit you did, I would get 95% instantly banned for "Don't post inflammatory remarks derailing the thread".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    We are not.

Believe it or not, there's more than one person in this world who doesn't go around forums with mock civility, passive aggressive inflammatory remarks and a "you posted more than 2 sentences so it's a rant" attitude. We post what we believe, and write the same way we speak.

Welcome to the internet up to 2008, before the League of Legends devs came up with the imaginary non-issue of "internet toxicity", and turned the majority of the internet into a censored, sissified, basement dwelling virgin safe space.

Also, I see your crusade to increase your post count with inane posts in every thread you go into is going well. Enjoy another report for another useless inflammatory post. If I wrote the shit you did, I would get 95% instantly banned for "Don't post inflammatory remarks derailing the thread".
    Ye, they are the same person.

Actually believing anyone from Azeroth would have a chance against Sargeras is equally as stupid as this post is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    To be fair, we are not just stupid little mortals, beyond that your logic is sound.
    We kinda are compared to Sargeras. He's planet size, whenever we are powerful heroes or filthy peasants makes no more difference to him than if a human faced a worker ant or a soldier ant. He can crush them both with equal ease. At some point Blizzard had to stop the power climb, and I'm glad they stopped it at us fighting a full power Titan because that would have been ridiculous. We still slew a nascent one which was no mean feat.

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    Also a quick remind that until Chronicles retcon Titans had 2 sub-species.

Sargeras is/was a Vanir, Amanthul an Aesir.
    Easy to see why Sargeras beat them 1vs1 with pure brute strenght.

Round 2 they decide to CC him.
    Those are the two varieties of Titanforged, not the Titans themselves... unless youre claiming that Loken is a Titan.

Ya I agree with many others that he wi end up helping us in the end. Truthfully I think he was doing the universe a favor.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Those are the two varieties of Titanforged, not the Titans themselves... unless youre claiming that Loken is a Titan.
    Those are NOW two varieties after the Chronicles Retcon, but before that there were a distinction, infact look how Eonar is Bronze and Amanthul is Silver, Titanforged costruct were based upon their creator.

Infact if you look at Aesir and Vanir you can still see the old reference link from wowpedia

This is due to the usual half butchered wow lore that is ATM after the retcon from RPG or BOOKS etc etc because in the original idea, and I think is still UP, Titans ARENT GOD but just Uber-Perfect Entity, even in game - a quest item - tells us that Titan are indeed "gold skinned gods" but the GODS there means "perfect humanoid/entity", but they are a creation of the current WOW GODS that we never-ever saw, maybe is Elune? maybe is someone else.

They are basically Universe Janitors, checking that everything is clean.
    Last edited by mmoc98623435d5; 2018-03-04 at 04:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Instead, we fight some shallow placeholder boss, and then all we get is a cinematic of Sargeras being imprisoned. Sargeras has been the big bad guy for so long, they've been building up to a battle with him for ages. And then they don't? We fight Archimonde, we fight Kil'jaeden, but not Sargeras?

How did they even imprison him? How the hell did the Pantheon even revive? They were all killed off by Sargeras and their spirits lost. Aman'Thul was aborbed by Lei Shen and should have died with him.

It's just fucking stupid that Sargeras, at full power, can be imprisoned by the Pantheon who he already killed once that revived out of nowhere. They should have at least let us battle him. We're probably never gonna see the Legion in the spotlight again, and this is the way they concluded it? Bullshit.
    What makes you think we won't fight him in the future?.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Its nice to see how you keep dodging it Feel free to try and actually explain it at some point if you feel like you want to be taken seriously

- - - Updated - - -

Yet casting imprison on him makes perfect sense.

Like you know. Imprisoning someone a lot stronger then yourself is just ezpz
    except for the meaningless detail which is , we didn't do shit it was the titans that bound him to the seat using Argus.

I'm sure it's not the last time we see him , as we saw titans got reorigination and cleansing abilities , he will either get a redemption arc further in the story or blizzard will come up with something regarding his sword on azeroth to make him relevant again
    Last edited by valax; 2018-03-04 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Its nice to see how you keep dodging it Feel free to try and actually explain it at some point if you feel like you want to be taken seriously
    There's literally nothing to "explain", you failed to understand a sentence, got called out, couldn't accept that fact and thus tried to dodge.

I think I can handle not being "taken seriously" by someone like that.
    Can only advice you to keep reading until you do understand, really.

Deleted
    I like how we already explained to him but we are the one "dodging"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    There's literally nothing to "explain", you failed to understand a sentence, got called out, couldn't accept that fact and thus tried to dodge.

I think I can handle not being "taken seriously" by someone like that.
    What was the point you where trying to make if you didnt mean to compare the two?

Was the point that people have different opinions? If so are you suprised about this?

You can start by explaining that, though i wouldnt be suprised if you tried to dodge it again

Deleted
    Instead, we fight some shallow placeholder boss, and then all we get is a cinematic of Sargeras being imprisoned. Sargeras has been the big bad guy for so long, they've been building up to a battle with him for ages. And then they don't? We fight Archimonde, we fight Kil'jaeden, but not Sargeras?

How did they even imprison him? How the hell did the Pantheon even revive? They were all killed off by Sargeras and their spirits lost. Aman'Thul was aborbed by Lei Shen and should have died with him.

It's just fucking stupid that Sargeras, at full power, can be imprisoned by the Pantheon who he already killed once that revived out of nowhere. They should have at least let us battle him. We're probably never gonna see the Legion in the spotlight again, and this is the way they concluded it? Bullshit.
    Yeah how does the Pantheon revive?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    Yeah how does the Pantheon revive?
    You need to play the game to know the lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    You need to play the game to know the lore.
    Oh come on. I play it. I'm asking a legit question because I missed a lot of Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I didn't say we had to kill him. It just would have made a lot more fucking sense if we beat him into submission, THEN imprisoned him. Right now it looks like Sargeras is just chilling, doing his thing, when boom beam hits him and he's imprisoned. Without even entering the fight himself. Fucking pathetic for the Burning Legion's great leader.
    The way the fight works is that the recovered Pantheon spirits beam the raid, themselves, Magni, the Vindicaar, and the not-yet-realized form of the Titan Argus to the Seat of the Pantheon. The plan was to use Argus' essence to empower the binding spell to seal Sargeras in the Seat along with the Pantheon, but Sargeras acts from the distance (as he's currently embracing Azeroth in an attempt to corrupt her) and grants Argus the essence he needs to realize himself fully as a Titan - which is why Argus goes from being a cloud of constellation-like energy into a humanoid being. Argus strikes out at the Pantheon, putting them bodily out of the fight, and its left up to the raid to pound on Argus until he is forced to drop his physical being again. Once defeated, the Pantheon rallies again and Aman'thul uses Argus' remaining power to enhance the imprisoning beam - pulling Sargeras away from Azeroth and into the Seat of the Pantheon where a pissed-off Illidan awaits, to be imprisoned for all time.

As to why we don't fight Sargeras directly, I really can't say. The developers may want to preserve Sargeras for a later encounter or further use in the story as his being sealed in the Seat of the Pantheon strikes me only a delaying measure and not a permanent solution. I would've thought it awesome if the Mythic phase of the encounter actually involved the raid helping Illidan beat down the down-to-scale Sargeras further, ensuring that he was sufficiently weakened for the seal to close completely over the Seat and allowing the raid to escape at the last possible moment.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    Oh come on. I play it. I'm asking a legit question because I missed a lot of Legion.
    They didn't revive, they were/are dead after the clash with Sargeras, but Norgannon before diying casted a spell to strip their spirit and toss them away in the universe, they reached various Watcher (Ra'den, Thorim etc etc) and infuse them.

The Legion managed to track down their spirits, except Eonar that was hiding, capture them and their essence were tortured by the Coven of Shivarra, guess why we had those Titan Phase, to bend them to Sargeras will.

Aggrammar was the first to submit and his spirit was put inside an Avatar, that wasnt the real 100% power Aggrammar, was Aggramar Twisted Spirit in an Avatar.

After defeating the Shivarra and Aggramar we reach the Seat of Pantheon were they were recovering their power while we fight Argus.
    Sargeras spirit was floating around Azeroth since his body was destroyed by the explosion of the eternity well.

"HOW THE LEGION MANAGE TO GET THOSE SPIRIT???"

This is under speculation BUT there are some hint.

1. We know that the Legion raided Ulduar so they could have capture Hodir and strip the Golganeth essence from him.
    2. Only Ra'den knew about Pantheon demise, infact he exiled himself.
    3. Other essence could have been captured after their respective Watcher died.

4. Amanthul essence were acquired by Wration and HIS ABSENCE could meaning that he was captured and killed to strip Amanthul essence.
    Last edited by mmoc98623435d5; 2018-03-04 at 04:44 PM.

Deleted
    Oh ok thanks

There should be limits we as players can never overcome and fighting a full fledged seasoned titan is exactly such an obstacle we should never be able to overcome, the same goes for the void lords, we ourselves shouldn't be strong enough to actually defeat them.

That should be left to other beings, who by their very nature are far beyond us like an awakened Azeroth for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    There should be limits we as players can never overcome and fighting a full fledged seasoned titan is exactly such an obstacle we should never be able to overcome, the same goes for the void lords, we ourselves shouldn't be strong enough to actually defeat them.

That should be left to other beings, who by their very nature are far beyond us like an awakened Azeroth for example.
    If we cant fight the void lords or the titans there are no point having them in the game.

This "we fight their minions and end up imprisoning them" is pointless. We need to fight the main baddies, so if the main baddies are to strong they need to stop making them