Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Then find me an IQ test that somehow does not take cultural biases into account.
    Your link proved they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    The way this concerns me and others like Murray and Herrnstein is not that some races are smarter than others but rather that it can observed that an intelligence underclass forms in societies regardless of race.
    It's interesting to me how much attention has been paid to Murray's commentary on race, which really isn't a core component of his overall thesis. If he could have kept himself out of that particular argument, I think he'd have saved himself a ton of trouble, even if it would have been much less intellectually honest to not address that elephant in the room. In any case, Coming Apart seems exactly right to me and seems like it describes a phenomenon that's going to get worse with technological unemployment increasing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I'm not but glad to see you have no answer to the point being made

Sociology, etc are non-academic disciplines that have all the scientific validity of homeopathy
    You're not making a point, just spouting random opinions in clear contradiction with the current state of social sciences...

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    We already know IQ is influenced by genetics. More anti-reality bullshit from you.
    We are talking about differences between races, you really have a hard time keeping up, no surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    The contribution of genetics in IQ variance depends on the contribution of environmental factors, interestingly. So you're both partially correct.
    The contribution from genetics, in % form is usually from 50-80% (getting higher with age).

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    That is because both are coming with a bias, and do not do anything about it... one comes with a phobia of some kind, the other with a philia. Looking past that, at just the pure numbers is what we need...

The issue is that most are not taught to observe and not get involved with their emotions.
    Indeed. I find this to be detrimental for humanity's future research and discoveries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Your link proved they don't.
    No, it did not. But whatever floats your boat to justify your race realism.

We are talking about differences between races, you really have a hard time keeping up, no surprise.
    So? It's still influenced by genetics. Do you think every ethnic group is a blank slate born with the same DNA as every other ethnic group? That's what you have to believe for your "zero genetic causes" anti-reality bullshit to be true.

Zero genetic causes, its all cultural/environmental and IQ tests are not proof of intelligence.
    This is wrong on so many levels. It is well established that intelligence is heritable. This can be observed in families through twin-adoption studies (two twins raised in radically different environments having similar adult IQs and life outcomes) among other things. From a basic logical standpoint though, that statement falls apart on its own. How exactly do you think humans have evolved intelligence over time if it is not a heritable trait and how do you account for the entirety of the Flynn effect?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Mods is ya'll sleep?!

It's interesting that findings related to IQ and g are among the few in psychology that actually consistently reproduce and have predictive value, but are the findings that people seem to push back against hardest. There's a vicious IQ denialism among both the left and right because of how thoroughly the science contradicts claims of the fairness of egalitarianism on the left and claims of the fairness of merit on the right. People just don't like to be told that a huge amount of one's fate is determined by luck of the draw with talent at birth.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is wrong on so many levels. It is well established that intelligence is heritable. This can be observed in families through twin-adoption studies (two twins raised in radically different environments having similar adult IQs and life outcomes) among other things. From a basic logical standpoint though, that statement falls apart on its own. How exactly do you think humans have evolved intelligence over time if it is not a heritable trait and how do you account for the entirety of the Flynn effect?
    You guys have such an hard time keeping up, fuck wasting my time on you fucks.

Enjoy your race realism, hope your parents are proud of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    The contribution from genetics, in % form is usually from 50-80% (getting higher with age).
    You didn't understand my point. That figure lowers in certain environmental settings, meaning genetics will have accounted for next-to-nothing when certain variables occur (enriched/empoverished learning environment for instance). Lumping all samples together doesn't mean much because distributions are multimodal.

What I am wondering while going through some replies here is about how many of the posters actually have the relevant education to talk about this in an objective manner because many talk like they're bringing scientific facts to the table. Just how many have had their necessary fill of information in regards to biochemistry, biogenetics, physiology and medicine(to encompass it all) to talk about this.

Deleted
    This is in essence the SJW/feminist left-wing problem - it's anti-science

They ignore science and facts in order to push a rabid equality narrative, no different from creationists - and just think of how infuriating and retarded creationists are

Nature has variation, get over it kids

Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    You didn't understand my point. That figure lowers in certain environmental settings, meaning genetics will have accounted for next-to-nothing when certain variables occur (enriched/empoverished learning environment for instance). Lumping all samples together doesn't mean much because distributions are multimodal.
    Discounting scientific evidence like a creationist right there

Also the distribution being multimodal changes absolutely nothing about the point being made, so you need to go back to your statistics class

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    They can... but are you measuring graduation, or success in life via income?

High IQ correlates with higher income, while many people graduate college and then work as baristas.
    IQs are a measure of something specific not intellect is is no more a measure of your intellect than your SATs. Also a lot of things correlate to higher income and success including family background, location and such if you were born a slave or some third world country scoring high on the IQ test is worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    A study with a sample size of 130 especially for a subject so large and not much in terms of controls is downright shady.
    They need at least 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    It's interesting to me how much attention has been paid to Murray's commentary on race, which really isn't a core component of his overall thesis. If he could have kept himself out of that particular argument, I think he'd have saved himself a ton of trouble, even if it would have been much less intellectually honest to not address that elephant in the room. In any case, Coming Apart seems exactly right to me and seems like it describes a phenomenon that's going to get worse with technological unemployment increasing.
    I believe Murray's solution to this is a UBI proposal which he detailed in one of his books (which I haven't read). It is definitely a compelling argument but unfortunately it will likely fall on deaf ears because his reputation has been attacked as you said.

Deleted
    You guys have such an hard time keeping up, fuck wasting my time on you fucks.

Enjoy your race realism, hope your parents are proud of you.
    Don't blame them, they think their inability to understand is part of their genetic heritage

Sorry couldn't help myself

I wonder if there's a difference in scores between African Americans in Asia vs. African Americans in Europe hurr durr.