10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Fair point. I forget how it must be being a native English speaker at times.
    As a native English speaker I find a dub far more distracting as I'm constantly trying to match the sounds with their mouth movements and when it doesn't line up I get annoyed and put-off.

I can read a sub without having to take my eye off the action, so I prefer those.

OT: Moana - 7/10. Pretty, humourous and some decent songs even though singing in films/television isn't generally my thing.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

Bright - 7/10

I really dont undetstand the hate this movie gets. It wasn't perfect, but it was interesting and more importantly entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - 6/10

Frances McDormand and the dark humor carried an otherwise ordinary film.
    Sam Rockwell gave an Oscar worthy performance and I think hes gonna win it and sealed it with one scene alone. A certain scene where he walks upstairs to confront someone after hearing some sad news with

playing. It was as beautiful as film telling can get. Everything about that scene was masterful acting and should be studied.

Three Billboards - 8/10: Really really good, probably a very close second to Bladerunner for best flick I'd seen from last year. McDormand and Rockwell give superb performances, and the movie has a rather unique approach in delivering the messages it wants to. There's a few sour points though, namely that Rockwell's character is borderline cartoonish, especially considering his behavior in front of his boss, and the visit from the supposed killer to the shop was completely out of place and pointless. Also, her just happening to have a fire extinguisher in the car was dumb

Nevertheless, highly recommended.

I saw Veronica (the Spanish horror film) on a whim. It was pretty good, old fashioned horror moviemaking that took its time setting up the story properly. By the same director as REC, which I was really fond of.

Apparently it has a reputation online for being really scary, I'm not really in a good position to judge that because horror movies don't really scare me anymore. But it was very well done so presumably it is scary :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - 8/10

A movie with actors that actually act. The performances, across the board, were fantastic. Quite a bit of talent on the roster and they did not fail to deliver. Further, a movie that told a story... nothing flashy, no explosions, no action sequences, just a story. The movie lived up to the hype I've seen online. A really well done movie. I wish Hollywood would produce more like this.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Black panther - 3/10

Prolly the worst marvel movie to date
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

7+ Year Old Account
    Only Lovers Left Alive (2013) - 7/10

Slow moving, character driven, story about a couple immortals.

Black Panther - 8/10

This movie was so great for me until it needed to be a superhero movie and rely on action sequences instead of fully investing in the unique world and political environment of the film. I can't blame the studio too much for this because I know that the dumb popcorn eating audiences would throw a fit if they didn't have giant action sequences. So I will give it an 8 because I really liked it until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Black panther - 3/10

Prolly the worst marvel movie to date
    Worse than CA:CW? I find that very difficult to believe.

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - 3/10

I should probably explain why I didn't like it but in all honesty it would take too long and I don't feel it's worth the effort of doing so. If you saw it, you know why it's bad (it's so fucking bad!)

It was pretty and imaginative, and frankly had some interesting concepts but it was badly implemented by awful writers, an awful director and awful actors. Surprisingly though, the professional model with barely an acting career to speak of wasn't the worst actor in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Sam Rockwell gave an Oscar worthy performance and I think hes gonna win it and sealed it with one scene alone. A certain scene where he walks upstairs to confront someone after hearing some sad news with -snip- playing. It was as beautiful as film telling can get. Everything about that scene was masterful acting and should be studied.
    Called it. /pats self on the back

Batman and Harley Quinn - 2/10

Whenever I get into DC cinematic universe discussions, I always fall back to the animated stuff (Batman, Justice League) as how the cinematic universe should be done. Now I have to amend that to exclude this mess. I liked Harley in the animated series, but have never much enjoyed her otherwise. I feel like DC is trying to make her their Deadpool, and this film just cemented that to me. I'm sure when this was current people dissected this movie quite a bit, so I'll save everyone from another rehash. I finally caught it on an airplane and am thankful I didn't pay anything for it.

Finally going to watch Black Panther tonight, bonus is it should wash this trash from my memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Called it. /pats self on the back
    That wasn't a hard call tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    That wasn't a hard call tbh.
    Yeah it was well deserved. William Dafoe or Chris Plummer could have easily won it too.

20th anniversary watch of The Big Lebowski 9/10

Pretty much a perfect film.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Disaster artist 8/10

really funny and interesting with a great performance by james franco.

but unless you're a fan of The Room there's really nothing for you in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    Disaster artist 8/10

really funny and interesting with a great performance by james franco.

but unless you're a fan of The Room there's really nothing for you in it.
    I've never seen The Room, but I liked the movie, especially James Franco as you said. It seems to weird to be a true story really . But I liked the comparison clips of the actual film and life, and that of The Disaster Artist.

Tbh I want to see The Room now, because man cannot imagine a movie to be this bad really xD.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I've never seen The Room, but I liked the movie, especially James Franco as you said. It seems to weird to be a true story really . But I liked the comparison clips of the actual film and life, and that of The Disaster Artist.

Tbh I want to see The Room now, because man cannot imagine a movie to be this bad really xD.
    you have to see the room, and then watch disaster artist again.

it makes it infinitely better

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you have to see the room, and then watch disaster artist again.

it makes it infinitely better
    I find this claim extremely doubtful. Especially after they've already seen The Disaster Artist.

I think for most, if you aren't already a cult-fan of The Room, watching it for the first time before The Disaster Artist, it won't do much.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2018-03-08 at 08:10 AM.