Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by donmarker View Post
    Bottom line is that elves are for players who can't disconnect from the need to have sexually appealing characters which in itself is a sign of immaturity. Elves are a go to Mary Sue race inserted to give those lacking imagination an option instead of having to go vanilla human. Because God forbid these people can't disassociate from their basic drives long enough to choose a traditionally speaking non attractive race.
    Or maybe you can just accept that they just play elves because they're a cool race? Stop projecting your sexual obsession with elves onto other players. It's a video game, relax.

Im mainly a tauren and draenei kind of guy but back in vanilla/BC i really enjoyed Night Elves. They really fit my fantasy of how hunters and warriors fought and looked so it was an easy choice for me at the time. With the introduction of Nightborne on horde it's really nostalgic for me. It's feels like i get to indulge that fantasy of mine of having my Taurens and NE toons on the same faction and thats awesome imo.

So what? I'm okay with Thalyssra taking over the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    You've got it all wrong, this is a "I don't like what other people are doing, and they need to stop doing it!" No, screw off.

Lets put things into perspective... go to san fransisco and start bitching about seeing a bunch of gay people, see how smart you look. Argue "NO NO, YOU ALL JUST SETTLED HERE! IT WAS ORIGINALLY THE WILD WEST OUT HERE, AND YOU ALL DECIDED TO ROLL UP OVER THE YEARS!" See how stupid that sounds?

If you don't like elves, don't play a game where people can be elves, because guess fucking what.... most people like elves. Elves are one of the biggest fantasy staples, don't like them? Don't play fantasy games.
    "Stop playing games you enjoy because I don't want to personally see you bitch about the one thing I like."

Literally repeated that very same thing, bruh.

"I am not saying the sky is blue, but the sky is a shade of color that's perceived as blue."

And telling people to get off video games because of one aspect is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by donmarker View Post
    Bottom line is that elves are for players who can't disconnect from the need to have sexually appealing characters which in itself is a sign of immaturity.
    Trying to go for unattractive race because "sexual is eww" is mature though?

This is a mixture of many issues:

1. Allied Races are shiny and new, so we're going through FOTM for some players who will probably regress to familiar forms eventually.
    2. In general, players love "humanesque" races more, and the elf models usually fit that mold better than even the human ones.
    3. Alliance has always wanted High Elves. Void Elves aren't High Elves, but are probably as close as they'll ever get.
    4. This expansion also released an elf-only class, the Demon Hunter, which also went through its FOTM days (and I personally thing dipped down again, although when combined with new elf representation only compounds the issue).
    5. Perception: we see what we want to see or what we're afraid we see. There have always been groups where they've been all Blood Elves, but now we're searching for ways of validating what we want to be true. Honestly, most groups I've been in lately have been a lot of Orcs and Tauren for whatever reason. Not most, but a fair representation. I think the rarest Horde side lately for me has been Goblins > Forsaken > Pandaren.

In the end, Blizzard just needs to give more options, and those options are coming. I can't guess what the population will be, but there will be more options, and more FOTM races, and trends will continue to come and go. In general, elves will probably always be a majority, but I think we should sit tight through the release of the Zandalar and Dark Iron, and then the next batch, before we get too frustrated. Remember, this is pre-expansion content--I was drowning in Demon Hunters before Legion came out because people needed something new to experience when they'd done everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerf arcane torrent. With mythic+ being such a big part of the game nowadays, many players are playing blood elf for the racial alone. MDI is gonna be 100% horde groups consisting of mainly blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    That's not the point he was making imo. Its more one of choosing a character based on sexual attractiveness of said race(which I'm not sure all human/elf players actually do but I think a large number who play the female version do fall into this category who are males or even females) compared to choosing a race without its sexual attractiveness by human standards playing into your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neversage View Post
    Come to the druid class hall. It's mostly trolls and tauren and smelly wolves with a side of mailbox elves.
    Can verify, this is completely true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    That's not the point he was making imo. Its more one of choosing a character based on sexual attractiveness of said race(which I'm not sure all human/elf players actually do but I think a large number who play the female version do fall into this category who are males or even females) compared to choosing a race without its sexual attractiveness by human standards playing into your choice.
    Female characters tend to have better looking animations in this game. Just look at blood elf males when they do just about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post
    Female characters tend to have better looking animations in this game. Just look at blood elf males when they do just about anything.
    female be animations seem pretty awful too though.

Until the other allied races come out. Then the Horde will be 80% upright Mag'har Orcs and Zandalari.

Its funny humans lost their place as the most played race on alliance guess what replaced it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    Yeah, literally the same. What was that about damage control again?
    lol is that all i posted buddy? You selectively kept the rest out eh? Not very honest are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    You say that like playing relatable characters is a bad thing.

I have no urges to role play as a space gat, a decaying corpse, a cow or a lizzard man. I find it juvenile. Different people have different opinions, go figure.

Despite all that, you are exagerating. I still see plenty of all races.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-03-04 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    No, what's laughable is someone offended by something continuously seeking it out. There's two options, deal with it, or fuck off.
    Aren't you being tad wee upset over simple observation, aren't we? Not very becoming, I must say.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea why but that title just made me laugh..

I just imagine someone sitting at their computer so angry yelling to it like "there's just so many god damn elves"
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The other models just look stupid as fuck. Pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    lol is that all i posted buddy? You selectively kept the rest out eh? Not very honest are you?
    I kept the rest out because I think it's irrelevant. But okay buddy, we can just agree to disagree and go about our business. I'm bored of this argument anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    That's the whole point. THERE ARE NO UNATTRACTIVE RACES. There are elves who are all over the place and given waay too much room compared to other races, and then there's all the others. The attention elves get, by players and devs, in creepy and telling of people's inability to disconnect from their basic instincts, even for something as superficial and a video game character.

Man the fandom will QQ about anything.
    Currently - TOO MANY ELVES WAAAH
    If Vulpera get introduced - TOO MANY FURRIES WAAAH

I personally don't like elves much and try to stick to "weird" races, but it seems like there's no race the devs can introduce without having to wade through a flood of tears. Don't like elves? Don't roll elves! I'm race changing my Druid main to Highmountain Tauren after I hit Exalted. The fact is this is franchise has fantasy roots, and fantasy equals elves. The devs also happened to introduce multiple elf races at once, so odds are a player who wants a new, highest poly model will choose one of the new elves. It is what it is. Just wait till BFA gives us some more high rez race choices and this will pass.