Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, absolutely. There isn't nearly enough racial identity going on with armor and weapons in the game, outside of orcs, humans, and trolls.

They say that this expansion is going to push "Horde and Alliance" themes for the armor, but I'm concerned that when they say Horde and Alliance they really just mean "orc and human."

Like... shouldn't we be getting some cool Forsaken-themed armor, at least, considering who the warchief is now?

Hell, I still think we should have some Forsaken-ified versions of the Lordaeron knight armor, considering the Forsaken are undead Lordaeronians.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That's attempting to apply the current rules to something else. Obviously if something has been in existence for awhile the rules would need to be tweaked to accommodate it. Secondly they could make it either level a race 1-110 without boosts or anything if the character level is already 110 then you must do 110-120. Simple things like that can be implemented and be fine.
    Well, heritage armor already has its own set of rules, so my assumption certainly isn't inappropriate.

Obviously.

Though, you'd have to allow you to grandfather in characters leveled previously, otherwise it's a bullshit system forcing players to level another one of a race they already have in their new elongated and completely bullshit leveling system.

I'd be a little more enthusiastic if I wasn't 95% certain that Allied races were created as a way to get players to stay subscribed for longer in conjunction with the leveling changes or buy boosts/race changes. Either way, their implementation is shit fuck.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

No.

Blizzard does not force anyone to do anything, but there are specific rewards for playing specific parts of the game, like PVP sets.
    Heritage armor sets is how they decided to reward leveling allied races.

Asking for retroactive rewards is entitlement and there is already too much access to old rewards imho. I appreciate in an MMO that not all players experienced it the same way, for the same time and get to display their characters differently.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krl View Post
    No.

Blizzard does not force anyone to do anything, but there are specific rewards for playing specific parts of the game, like PVP sets.
    Heritage armor sets is how they decided to reward leveling allied races.

Asking for retroactive rewards is entitlement and there is already too much access to old rewards imho. I appreciate in an MMO that not all players experienced it the same way, for the same time and get to display their characters differently.
    how can this be entitlement? I'm not asking them to be locked behind legacy achievements or things that can no longer be obtained. I'm asking for a new repuation grind system similar to the world quests that we have in Legion which allows us to grind reputation with different factions within the legion. that can be ONE way of unlocking heritage armor, another way is to just have high level heroes of said race (like a high level dwarf hero to unlock dwarven heritage armor)

Deleted
    For now the only old races that have a kind of heritage armor are orcs and humans (with Stormwind and Orgrimmar guard set), but for me every race deserves transmogable cosmetic set. For example Night Elves - we recently had whole elf themed expansion aaaand.... no Night Elf themed outfits. Except few pretty robes and maybe PVP hunters set themed after Sylvanas and Alleria, but... that's all.

I dream about something like that:

And some weapons. Because except Dagger of Lunar Purity NElves almost don't have their own weapons. They also can't use glaives if they're not DH and it really sucks. I really hope all of old races would get some themed armor.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    You'd have to relevel a new character or it wouldn't apply the same rules. Not that I like the rules to begin with; it should simply be that having a level 110 unlocks them, but anyways...

If being level 110+ unlocks the armor, then I'm definitely fine with it.
    People are having to go through this garbage now with the new races/heritage armor. People who already have every class at max level are releveling for the sake of it. I don't see why would this change if they added more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely!!! They should start off with the least played races, try to bring some diversity to the game. Instead of seeing Night Elves, Nightborne, Void Elves, and Blood Elves everywhere. Who knows, maybe those xmog hunters will stick with a new race like Darkspear Troll, Goblin, or Draenai. *shrug*
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Well im leveling a lightforged Mage just to get heritage armor for my Paladin. Got the achiv "Paragon of argus" achiv for the cool weps, so that armor will be nice for my pala.

Doubt I will manage another leveling so hopefully they dont push out some awesome new allied races or armor

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes...yeah....HELL YEAH! I know blizz probably don't care but they should!

Quote Originally Posted by Felmourn View Post
    Definitely!!! They should start off with the least played races, try to bring some diversity to the game. Instead of seeing Night Elves, Nightborne, Void Elves, and Blood Elves everywhere. Who knows, maybe those xmog hunters will stick with a new race like Darkspear Troll, Goblin, or Draenai. *shrug*
    Draenei are pretty popular actually. Maybe you meant gnome?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Draenei are pretty popular actually. Maybe you meant gnome?
    Mmmm as a Horde and part time Alliance player, I always Gnomes everywhere I look. Draenei I haven't seen a lot of until recently with Lightforged. But if you think otherwise then yes! Get more races played into the world.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Mmmm as a Horde and part time Alliance player, I always Gnomes everywhere I look. Draenei I haven't seen a lot of until recently with Lightforged. But if you think otherwise then yes! Get more races played into the world.
    Most wow population websites are fairly broken right now, but in general, it has been dwarves, gnomes, and most non-blood elf horde races that are the least played. Pandaren are probably the least of all. Goblins and trolls are probably the least on Horde though, after Pandas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not if it means having to level them all to 110 again.

Hey, there actually are a few good ideas on this forum after all. I'd love for them to do something like that honestly.

A lot of that has to do with how craptastic the original models were for each race, e.g. I love the new dwarf models, but I would have never played one prior to their update.

Even if they rewarded it retroactively, I'd probably miss out on a lot due to race changes. I won't argue with new transmogs, I just think I'd get burned out on leveling from allied races alone, so it wouldn't be all that valuable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane-Villain View Post
    For now the only old races that have a kind of heritage armor are orcs and humans (with Stormwind and Orgrimmar guard set), but for me every race deserves transmogable cosmetic set. For example Night Elves - we recently had whole elf themed expansion aaaand.... no Night Elf themed outfits. Except few pretty robes and maybe PVP hunters set themed after Sylvanas and Alleria, but... that's all.

And some weapons. Because except Dagger of Lunar Purity NElves almost don't have their own weapons. They also can't use glaives if they're not DH and it really sucks. I really hope all of old races would get some themed armor.
    I want this so bad. Seriously.

I know it's probably been said but yes if you have leveled a race already to lvl 110. If I have to level a fifth NE for the gear then no I'm fine I can live without it and honestly I've done enough NE to get some heritage gear!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane-Villain View Post

Where the fuck is that image from???? Looks incredible.