Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Because not every rule is perma ban worthy.
    Jeah sure but then you shouldn't get infracted for minor BS.

In fact half of those infractions I could probably successfully appeal as I did do a few times, but after awhile I just stopped caring and accepted that this forum has an left leaning bias.
    That's another topic

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Because you are not making the forum rules?
    Then why are infracations a thing if they get ignored?
    Is it because some mods hand out infractions like candy on carnival?
    Or because there are like zero consequences for infraction hoarders? Probably even both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    I'm not sure the general point in the OP is fair, but the moderation on these forums is a disgrace. There are clearly a few people that the moderators look for and come down on, while certain people can say and do whatever they like without even the hint of a repercussion.

There's nothing to be done. Just accept that the moderation team is woefully poor, and hope you're not one of those they take a dislike to.
    I wouldn't go that far.

While I have seen a few questionable infractions (Skroes latest ones, for example), I think the moderation is quite fair in here.

People seemed to dislike Endus as a moderator quite a lot, but I can't recall seeing any infactions from him that I really disagreed with. He was just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    People seemed to dislike Endus as a moderator quite a lot, but I can't recall seeing any infactions from him that I really disagreed with. He was just fine.
    Yeah, pretty comfortable with Endus. The best in an extremely bad bunch.

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple things to keep in mind.

1) It is very rare to get perma-banned. 99.5% of all 'bans' are time based, depending on active infractions. It is extremely difficult to get a 'perma-ban' from too many infractions, its a completely specific decision made, and 'they get banned a lot' is usually not that decision maker. You'd literally have to go out of your way to do it. The idea is... is that nobody -wants- to be permabanned, and if they do, we'll sort that out. (Not sure why they wouldn't just not come here). Anyone who's posting here, in theory, wants to be here.

2) A lot of stuff that is infraction-worthy may slide simply because mods aren't aware of it. We do not go through every post, every thread. Nor do any one of us have access to all the forums for reporting. I handle computer stuff, but if I'm posting heavily in a GenOT thread and missed a post earlier that's definitely infraction, even if it got reported, I wouldn't know. And if people don't report it at all, nobody knows. That's why it's always better to report than complain or lash back at a poster.
    Last edited by chazus; 2018-03-04 at 06:02 PM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well calling out troll should be allowed but it can be done with different language. He does it willingly though and he knows he'll get infracted. Of course at some point he will stop posting here and that will probably be a loss for our community since even if you disagree with him, at least he makes an effort for almost every post he does. Not many do.
    And that may just be the reason every absence of his is noticed and discussed. For many other users, it's just the next holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    To be fair, the infraction went out like a minute after this thread was posted. So he wasn't hit at the time. But still; he posted that like 4 hours earlier, at a time that's early morning on a Sunday for most NA people. Most of the mod team is likely asleep; they're all volunteers and while they try to have coverage, it can take time for reports to get handled. If something gets reported early and goes untouched for a full day or so (24 hours), you can PM a mod to ask what's up; it may just be a time when nobody's schedule has lined up, or it may be that the post didn't break the rules like you thought it had. The mods can't tell you specifics (that's private between the user and the staff), but they should be able to confirm that it was looked at and not ignored. In this case, the mods obviously agreed, I'm just being clear that there's cases where they won't. Still report stuff; sometimes the rules need to be amended and a lot of users complaining about something that's skating by is something that gets noticed.

Nobody gets a "free pass". Long-time users may have a better sense of where the line is drawn, though, just through experience.
    Miss you as a mod, Endus.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    I wouldn't go that far.

While I have seen a few questionable infractions (Skroes latest ones, for example), I think the moderation is quite fair in here.

I've seen him get away with some very infractable stuff many times. Don't whine about Skroe being hit when he posts the most ridiculous crap filled with lies and distortions.

Quote Originally Posted by Maduk View Post
    Jeah sure but then you shouldn't get infracted for minor BS.
    It works for most people i imagine - personally i'd rather not post for 2 weeks and give my actual opinion, rather than not give my opinion and be able to post for those 2 weeks.

I get a lot of hate pointed my way but I'm always a gentleman. We need to understand that our best weapon is being civil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    I've seen him get away with some very infractable stuff many times. Don't whine about Skroe being hit when he posts the most ridiculous crap filled with lies and distortions.
    While every report is looked at, and many are discussed, and -every- appeal is discussed, don't confuse 'getting away with' with 'it didn't get reported so we have no idea'. Some things might be occluded or tame enough (or simply differing opinion) that it isn't enough for people to report for.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can moderate yourself you won't ever get banned, infracted you will get quite a bit because things do get heated.

Never got banned here. There are simply a lot of people around that can't handle anyone else their opinion, such people simply shouldn't be on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    I'm not sure the general point in the OP is fair, but the moderation on these forums is a disgrace. There are clearly a few people that the moderators look for and come down on, while certain people can say and do whatever they like without even the hint of a repercussion.

There's nothing to be done. Just accept that the moderation team is woefully poor, and hope you're not one of those they take a dislike to.
    Well, the worst in a bad lot just bailed recently, so things are looking up.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't go that far.

That's utter crap. If you crossed his/her (don't want to get infracted for gender identification) SJW line in the sand, you were infracted. Period. He/Her/It sure knew how to to completely freeze out any discourse.

My other account has almost 7k posts, and I got plenty of infractions on it, so...

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't.

We don't allow discussion of moderation, which this thread is doing, so locking. If you feel particular posts are in violation of the rules by particular users, please report them. Thanks.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |