Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post

Now we still have this content apparently in BfA as well, and i see almost nobody praising this system.
    Ok, let me do it for you: The mission table is awesome and I am very happy that it will stay in some form.

the way it should work is the mission you set up on it require you to go with your followers and it showing the % chance of completing it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I want to look you in the eyes as your morals fly out the window. I want to watch the righteousness leave your eyes.

I wanted to stay away from this flammatory thread, already stating "tedious" in the title...

that said, I still show up to mention that I like this feature. It's a fun side activity and I enjoy interacting with some npcs and collecting new ones (I liked this in WoD), even it's just for sending them away doing stuff and getting rewarded for it.

If it's there, it'll be a refined version just as Legion's was a refined version from WoD's.

Outside of the occasional poorly designed time-gated quest requirement, it's merely an extra reward for doing an otherwise menial task - just like most of WoW -, that is visiting the Order Hall and managing it.

Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Anyone defending follower missions is either a blizzard shill or a retard.
    Yes, god forbid people have their own opinions on things, that differ from your own.

The mission table provided a means of insight into how the rest of the world -that you aren't actively in- is continuing without you existing in it. It adds minor but valuable world building and a sense of external narrative. Whilst the gameplay can be tedious, it does not take up much time or effort, and it can also be a rewarding way of getting us to log in every day and put us in the mindset to start doing stuff. I also really enjoyed the bodyguard system of Legion; picking a favourite and equipping them with gear to make doing WQs more rewarding as time went on.

People acting as though they're the same thing in Legion as they were in WoD, are beyond cute. All in the name of being a Negative Nancy!

You've been free from it since last summer.
    But honestly if you find it tedious its probably time to unsub. I really don't have any interest in the feature either, but it doesn't stop me from occasionally doing a couple AP or gold missions.

I can see ANYTHING else in the game being tedious, but if you feel this way about something so insanely quick then you REALLY aren't in a good mental place with this game.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    * inb4 someone says that you don't need to do it: Yes, true, but not using it is just stupid because of the rewards (ap, tons of gold, a lot of rep, raid quest starters etc)
    Only were mandatory for the story missions. With my garrison and order hall I only did the story missions and that was it. Never felt I had to do them ever outside of those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why would anyone hate making gold while taking a crap at work is beyond me.
    No need for excessive amounts of gold. I get more than enough from one emissary a week to cover any weekly needs for myself.

I hate it. I don't evne want to start with the Garrison (made me quit WoW after Highmaul becausei was donezo witht hat stuff), Legion wass "better" but still mandatory for a bunch of reason, and it was a total mess to keep up with with alts, so still shti for me.

Now we still have this content apparently in BfA as well, and i see almost nobody praising this system.
    I DON'T WANT TO PLAY WOW MANAGER 2018, I DONT GIVE 2 F ABOUT WASTING TIME MANAGING MISSIONS AND FOLLOWERS AND SHIT. stop this agony
    Then don't fucking do them.

Meh dont care much about that feature. I do some missons now and then, but I often forget about it.

as long as we are not forced into it to unlock content alot, I dont mind it.1

I absolutely loathed it in WoD. It was time consuming and lacked any level of fun whatsoever. The version in Legion still isn't all that fun, but it feels wayyy less time consuming, and I feel it integrates better with the narrative. I don't mind if it sticks around, so long as it remains an optional part of the game and doesn't become any sort of time sink.

Optional.

/10c

I only use them for the free gold, I don't understand anyone that is not in like the top 10 raiding guilds feeling forced to use them

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I absolutely loathed it in WoD. It was time consuming and lacked any level of fun whatsoever. The version in Legion still isn't all that fun, but it feels wayyy less time consuming, and I feel it integrates better with the narrative. I don't mind if it sticks around, so long as it remains an optional part of the game and doesn't become any sort of time sink.
    Agreed but I fail to see how it integrates with narratives even in Legion. It's just something you can do if you want to play mini-games that exclude you even further from the social aspects in wow, while maintaining an addiction more often than not through the mobile app.

Why they spend time on it is beyond me. If they feel like rewarding players for playing maybe upgrade the mob- and boss-loots or start handing out gold upon daily logging if you don't want to return to the concept of weekly/daily quests asking you to kill or clear certain dungeons/raids for massive rewards. Adjust the WQ-rewards could also work and still be miles ahead of anything possible with the exclusively single-player mission table experience.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-03-04 at 11:06 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I think of it as a tool to use specially when I don't really have time to play, I love to do stuff but I feel bad when I don't really get a chance to log on and grind. Table quests enable me to earn some gold/ap even when I can't spend some time of the day to earn it in a different fashion and feel like i accomplished something, however minor for the day.

I'd be sad to see it go.

Deleted
    Look, the truth is there are alot of people that like it and alot that don't.
    We can look at it just like Battle pets. Some people like it, others don't.

I think it's fine to have them in as a mini-game. It adds to the variety of content. But, it should be optional, in the way that we shouldn't have to use them to progress the story or our characters. Not to mention that i hate the thing isn't account wide, like pet battles are.

It needs a paradigm shift.

5+ Year Old Account
    They will keep the garrison-like tables, since when you log to start/complete missions from your phone, it counts as 2 separate users for the new metrics favoured at Irvine. In raids, that would be called padding numbers with unneeded AoE.

Deleted
    I hate it. I don't evne want to start with the Garrison (made me quit WoW after Highmaul becausei was donezo witht hat stuff), Legion wass "better" but still mandatory for a bunch of reason, and it was a total mess to keep up with with alts, so still shti for me.

I DON'T WANT TO PLAY WOW MANAGER 2018, I DONT GIVE 2 F ABOUT WASTING TIME MANAGING MISSIONS AND FOLLOWERS AND SHIT. stop this agony
    then dont lil rage kid and play something else!
    problem solved, QQ RANT thread closed....

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    There was HEAPS of mandatory mission table shit in Legion.

It's just you nerds love having 10+ max level characters making gold for you. You love it because your life revolves around this game and being able to "check things" whilst you're at work helps feed the addiction. That is - if any of you actually work.
    Heaps of mandatory missions? There was a total of 12 you had to do in the Order Hall campaign, can honestly not remember if there was any for the Broken Shore part? and then there was 5 missions + the missions for follower ilvl (which totalled 12 on a toon that had 900 followers from before, and 18 on new toons) on Argus, that lead up to a heirloom neck, that you most likely allready had a piece for anyways, so no need to complete the quest chain if follower missions are that horrible for you, I've only done it on one toon atleast, and got all Argus content for all my 110s.

That's a total of 35 missions you had to do over what, a year? Poor thing. And I do believe the Order Hall campaign has been nerfed, so you don't have to do those 5 long mission quests anymore? Not 100% sure there though.

But sure, if 35 seems like "heaps of missions" for you, then I feel sorry for you. MMO's must be hard for you.

Now your second part, I honestly don't see the need to go on a WoW forum and start calling people nerds for playing a video game? It's not like we're not aware of it
    It does however paint you in a very bad picture.
    Last edited by Noxina; 2018-03-05 at 07:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore