Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Your roommate is messing with you.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Your roommate is messing with you.
    As the only coffee drinker in an apartment with 2 roommates, I can confirm that this may happen.

Honestly, I eventually stopped using a machine and went back to making filter coffee myself. Ended up tasting better too. Pouring a good cup is an art in itself.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2018-03-04 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you run the coffee machine with vinegar in it, or are you just washing the pot with it? Run the machine with a vinegar/water mixture so it actually runs through all the lines.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

7+ Year Old Account
    Have you decalcified it? If you did that and you still have a soapy taste in a mouth I think you should go see a doctor Are a few things that can cause you to get a soapy taste in your mouth.

Check if the soap tastes like coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Have you run the coffee machine with vinegar in it, or are you just washing the pot with it? Run the machine with a vinegar/water mixture so it actually runs through all the lines.
    I have run the vinegar/water mixture through the machine, and the pot. and it still is soapy

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomAgony View Post
    I have run the vinegar/water mixture through the machine, and the pot. and it still is soapy
    Hand wash it. And rinse really well.

Nope, its still Gen/OT

Like others have said, maybe the mug or cup you are using has soap residue in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hand brew a cup, using a hand washed mug to rule out the coffee itself, if you haven't yet.

Do a machine run with just water, no coffee, to see if the water has the soapy taste.

Troubleshoot by elimination.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Time for a new coffee pot
    This /10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    Hand brew a cup, using a hand washed mug to rule out the coffee itself, if you haven't yet.

Do a machine run with just water, no coffee, to see if the water has the soapy taste.

Actually, these are really good suggestions if you want to confirm the problem is your coffee pot. But in reality, it certainly is. You can probably buy a new machine for fairly cheap, but if you want to try and fix your own these are some good ideas to nail down the problem.

It's either related to the brewing process or whatever soap you wash your coffee maker with. Try a different brand of dishwashing liquid and see if that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Well your first problem is that you have a drip coffee machine.
    I have used percolators, French presses etc and drip coffee still tastes the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post

And if they are all soapy no matter what, consider the possibility of biological factors.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Is this only the case for your own coffee or all coffee?

Buy a kettle/french press combo and never look back. Not only can you properly clean all the parts but the coffee tastes so much better. Bonus bit is that the coffee stays good for hours as it is not being kept warm. Make a big pot in the morning and pop a cup in the micro when you get home from work.

Deleted
    Buy a normal ceramic dripper and do it manually - that will at least tell you if your machine is at fault or not. You could also ask your neighbor for a cup of coffee to see if it's the water's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Fortunately I'm one of those people that can't taste the bitterness in cilantro.

@OP, the solution is simple. You want to take your drip machine, open the trash can, and put it inside. Then go out and get an espresso machine.
    Some people say cilantro tastes like bad fish, others say soap, but I say it tastes awesome.

Espresso machine and/or a french press, or one of these:

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

There are diseases that make things taste wrong too.

Deleted
    Perfect timing to get yourself an upgrade to espresso.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomAgony View Post
    would boiling the water first before putting it into the machine ruin the machine?
    Probably, also your coffee will be burnt, you want your coffee water to be about 200deg, just under boiling and about 7 mins for optimum coffee flavor. This is my coffee pot, it wasn't expensive and it makes great coffee, especially if you grind your own beans. http://a.co/gf6TzQy