Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    If it is just cosmetic items it is fine with me.
    I hate this word so much.
    Every time you allow it to be purchaseable, the less content you get for your moneys worth at the 1.st purchase.

Skins and similar items should only be grideable by the ingame system.
    I prefer rank griding:
    http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Ba...3_online_ranks
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I believe its nearing the end of the lootbox crazy. That being said that means while its still "legal" (regulation being the more likely road taken instead of outright illegal) they are going to double and triple down on it to get as much out of it as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I hate this word so much.
    Every time you allow it to be purchaseable, the less content you get for your moneys worth at the 1.st purchase.

Skins and similar items should only be grideable by the ingame system.
    I prefer rank griding:
    http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Ba...3_online_ranks
    If it is like BF 1 it should be. I get a number of the loot boxes by just playing the game or as time passes. I have a lot of the skins at this point. I don't even play the game crazy or anything either.

WWII is what I wanted the least out of BF. Give me 2143 or Vietnam, I had a lot of fun with BF1, but eh...might pass this one.

Put me in the camp that hates people excusing loot boxes because "they're just cosmetic".

Plenty of publishers manage to turn large profits on games that sell far lower then BF without having loot boxes of any kind.

Sorry you can't be for or against them on a case by case basis. At the end of the day it's the publisher trying to scam extra money out of the people who will do it. Either you don't care period what people spend their money on, or you do care and hate all loot boxes. Pick one fence sitters.

Loot boxes are loot boxes. Games aren't going to go under without them, they're literally just there because some investor saw a graph with "infinite potential for money!" and said "sign me up!".

Even better are the apologists who excuse it because the game gives them X amount of loot boxes for free each week. Know what games did before loot boxes existed? You unlocked cosmetic shit for free by playing the game and completing challenges/leveling. Just more ways for publishers to try to appease small minded people.

If Nintendo can afford to keep updating Splatoon 2 constantly without any form of loot boxes period so can your favorite game. If fighting games can get by with releasing entire seasons worth of content(skins+characters) for $30 for the entire year, so can your scummy company running shit loot box scams.

There is a different between a company making money and a company wanting to make every fucking penny they possibly can.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-03-05 at 02:07 AM.

It'll be interesting to see how big releases with lootboxes fare in a post-Battlefront II world where a lot more consumers have gotten savvy as to how scummy this business model is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I believe its nearing the end of the lootbox crazy. That being said that means while its still "legal" (regulation being the more likely road taken instead of outright illegal) they are going to double and triple down on it to get as much out of it as possible.
    That's questionable, since pushing the model harder and harder is what got them into this mess in the first place. The best way for them to keep exploiting this blind spot in video game legislation will be to back off and keep lootboxes as innocuous as possible, avoiding big controversies and toning down some of their more predatory practices. Because if we get another Battlefront II hitting mainstream news, the legislation that's in the works is going to go through much faster, much harder, and with less wiggle room for publishers to keep profiting from the business model.
    Last edited by Wondercrab; 2018-03-05 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ontopic: Not surprising Battlefield 1 had them as well.
    All cosmetic though

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    WWII is what I wanted the least out of BF. Give me 2143 or Vietnam, I had a lot of fun with BF1, but eh...might pass this one.
    I prefer ww2 over 1, but I wanted a vietnam one, I guess next time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    It was only with 4.
    And while they were at it they butchered Rush. It made me quit the game. And I was ranked ~50 in the world for Rush.

BF4 also had lootboxes btw, nobody complained.

It is an EA game. Of course it will be filled to the brim with loot boxes and microtransactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    All cosmetic though
    Ok and? They can sell the cosmetic's directly and not this lootbox shit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    - Insert generic comment asking if people still play battlefield implying its an old/outdated franchise no one should bother with -

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    That's questionable, since pushing the model harder and harder is what got them into this mess in the first place. The best way for them to keep exploiting this blind spot in video game legislation will be to back off and keep lootboxes as innocuous as possible, avoiding big controversies and toning down some of their more predatory practices. Because if we get another Battlefront II hitting mainstream news, the legislation that's in the works is going to go through much faster, much harder, and with less wiggle room for publishers to keep profiting from the business model.
    It is going to happen. Because of Battlefront II it takes much LESS of a similar story to create just as big of a buzz. The outcry also finally made it "cool" to stand against it when before most of the gaming community was pretty mute to it. EA has proven time and time again that in the end they care very little about anything anyone has to say. Many times they have stumbled back, laid low, and then came back swinging. It will have new terminology. It will creep into the game instead of being upfront and in your face. At the start if the game you earn them fast WITHOUT buying and then it suddenly slows WAY down. Delay, misdirect, redefine the vocabulary is the name of the game.

EA is to greedy to not push and push hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, Battlefield 4 and 1 both have them in the form of crates. You can buy them with real money and you can also buy complete weapon boosts.

Nobody once raised an issue with either one.

The crates are earned from getting so many kills with a weapon and they are given to you. Contain XP boosts, weapon attachments and weapon skins. Also unlocked with every level earned.
    Last edited by Nazrark; 2018-03-05 at 10:33 AM.

If the lootboxes are truly 100% cosmetic and can still be earned ingame as well, then I have no problems with it. This is how Overwatch is, and I have no problem dropping $10-40 on boxes once in a while to support the game - however, all the updates are free and fairly frequent, so I'm not sure if that will be comparable to the new BF.

I'd rather have cosmetic lootboxes and free updates rather than no micro transactions, but now you have to pay for map packs/expansions
    Last edited by Ickz; 2018-03-05 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ok and? They can sell the cosmetic's directly and not this lootbox shit.
    So it's just weapon skins, nothing at all game changing. So that's fine because I'll never buy them, just open my gameplay earned ones. Its the ones that have effect on the game that are BS.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    It was only with 4.
    Battlefield 4 was the reason i didnt play any Battlefield that year...that wss the worst glitchiest game i ever seen...it was a disgrace and i hope it doesnt gappen again

BF2 was the last BF game I played and that was somewhere 2006'ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    And while they were at it they butchered Rush. It made me quit the game. And I was ranked ~50 in the world for Rush.

BF4 also had lootboxes btw, nobody complained.
    So you were one of the 50 people that played rush then? haha
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day