10+ Year Old Account
    looking for co-op games

have played diablo 3, not interested in torchlight,

mainly story driven

So can anyone recommend a game like Phantasy Star Online 2? I loved the older PSO GameCube (and DS I suppose) versions and I guess I just want a kind of mmo light game like what PSO was to me. But I have no interest in playing a game I can’t read in Japanese and they still have their heads up their butts about releasing and English version in NA, so yeah...also PC, Xbone, or anything besides PlayStation systems, only one I don’t own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    looking for co-op games

have played diablo 3, not interested in torchlight,

mainly story driven
    borderlands series, if you don't mind it being a shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    There a some that struggle by, namely Elder Scrolls Online and Final Fantasy XIV, both are fairly good, but not really massive. If you like RP and Immersion, FFIX. If you want interesting and unique, ESO. But the only one out there really standing on its own is Runescape. Runescape is WoW's big brother, while not as successful in the long run, it has been out for longer and has matured in its own way, instead of following in WoW's shadow. Other MMORPG's have been designed around competing with WoW, but Runescape, being older and already established, hasn't had to really compete with it.

Basically, Other MMO's try and BE WoW, but Runescape doesn't need to. If you are looking for something completely different in the traditional fantasy MMO world, that would be Runescape and not much else. You can try it, it's free and has a browser version. I can give you a review, but I haven't played it in a while. May not be up-to-date, it's a game that updates very regularly.
    Which version of Runescape would you recommend? Old school or the newer version?

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a difficult question. I would say, start with live version. I think it is easier to jump from new RS to old RS than it is the other way around. So try new, and if you don't love it try old.

Some pros and cons of each:

New RuneScape:

+ More content

+ More ways to level

+ Better Graphics

+ More play styles (you can choose between a wow-like ability system or old school basic attacking)

+ Better Music and real voice acting

- Its a bit noisy. Mobile game styled bonuses and daily quests might be a bit overwhelming, but keep in mind everything adds up. You never really waste time, even if it isn't the most efficient use of it.

Classic Runescape:

+ Simple and sweet. You wanna master fishing? Instead of dozens of minigames and genie lamps, you just fish.

+ Nostalgia (doesn't really apply to new players)

+ One combat system. Everyone is on the same page

- It's a bit boring. Good for a time killer while watching TV, unless you are fighting a deadly boss you don't really need to watch your character as they go about their grinds. Even when you ARE fighting a boss, the most complex it gets is eating food when you are hurt and using special attacks (it's rare for a weapon to have one at all)

10+ Year Old Account
    OK time for a hard one.

I need a space arcade sim in the vein of Freelancer. It needs to be

arcade-y
    not complicated (no X3 type games)
    fun, as in having a combat system that can keep me hooked
    rewarding exploration of space.

I'm tempted to try runescape again. Seems like in the recent years it's making a comeback.

Legion is seriously boring the fuck outta me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any recent less known city builders happend? Some indie or something.

Sword Art Online : Fatal bullet will release in a few hours...I wonder if it's worth the price..
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any fairly straightforward fun multiplayer co-op games (PC - can be on steam or otherwise) that I can play with a small group of friends? Something that isn't a shooter since we already have L4D2 and Borderlands for that. Up to 4 players. We normally just mess around in Borderlands but I'm looking for alternatives; don't mind trying stuff like Diablo or even co-op puzzle games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    Any fairly straightforward fun multiplayer co-op games (PC - can be on steam or otherwise) that I can play with a small group of friends? Something that isn't a shooter since we already have L4D2 and Borderlands for that. Up to 4 players. We normally just mess around in Borderlands but I'm looking for alternatives; don't mind trying stuff like Diablo or even co-op puzzle games.
    Factorio is awesome if you're into that kind of thing.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Factorio is awesome if you're into that kind of thing.
    Cool will check it out, thanks!

7+ Year Old Account
    Looking for a game that can give me the best and most authentic world war 2 experience. I dont really care for multiplayer just looking for that awesome campaign. I have tried RO:2 in the past, but that game is seriously bugged (literally stuck in missions unable to advance) and its happened on both playthroughs that i have tried.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Hunt: Showdown is a pretty fun multiplayer horror/FPS/BA game. If anyone here is playing it, feel free to hit me up.

Vermintide 2, much more melee focused but you shoot stuff to.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Vermintide 2, much more melee focused but you shoot stuff to.
    Looks pretty cool, thanks!

Anyone know of a VR game where you can adjust the field of view to 360 degrees?

Yes, I am aware that in general this would be a bad idea... just want to see what it would be like/if it would cause me motion sickness... lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lucred View Post
    Anyone know of a VR game where you can adjust the field of view to 360 degrees?

Yes, I am aware that in general this would be a bad idea... just want to see what it would be like/if it would cause me motion sickness... lol.
    Heh, I too would be interested in this hypothetical 'byakugan' simulator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I know you said no shooters, but Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide is very similar to L4D but it's more melee focused and is quite good. The second one is coming out in 2 days as well and I've heard good things.

Other than that, Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara is a good beat-em-up on Steam. It's 2 older arcade games but it's got 4 player online co-op I believe.

The Saints Row games are fun and have online co-op though I'm not sure if it supports more than 2.

If you want RPGs, any of the Enhanced Editions for the old infinity engine RPGs have online multiplayer (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, etc.). Divinity: Original Sin 1 & 2 both have co-op as well, though I think the first one is only 2 players I know for sure the second supports at least 4.

You could also give Broforce a try if you want a simple action game with co-op.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Well I know you said no shooters, but Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide is very similar to L4D but it's more melee focused and is quite good. The second one is coming out in 2 days as well and I've heard good things.

Other than that, Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara is a good beat-em-up on Steam. It's 2 older arcade games but it's got 4 player online co-op I believe.

The Saints Row games are fun and have online co-op though I'm not sure if it supports more than 2.

If you want RPGs, any of the Enhanced Editions for the old infinity engine RPGs have online multiplayer (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, etc.). Divinity: Original Sin 1 & 2 both have co-op as well, though I think the first one is only 2 players I know for sure the second supports at least 4.

You could also give Broforce a try if you want a simple action game with co-op.
    Totally forgot about Broforce! Played that with my brother before, didn't find it very lasting but it was fun for a few hours. Checked out Vermintide 2 as well after ParanoiD84's suggestion, looks pretty good and different enough from L4D. Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara looks like it could be some fun too.

Tried Divinity: Original Sin 2 but none of us liked how it plays. Thanks for the suggestions!