Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Never? It might happen next Wednesday. But I'm sure you aren't going to be part of it.
    No, I'm sorry, that's not happening on Wednesday. I mean, I'm gonna give Prime a shot, and it may be fun, but I am not fooling myself, it will be nothing like Vanilla/Chocolate Rift. So you remember the PvP Souls? Those aren't gonna be there. They also said no PvP. Early Rift had Pvp servers and that was a lot of the fun for me. We would lock down levelling zones and have wars with the other faction. That is not gonna be able to happen. Due to the way the Soul Trees work now, they are having to rebalance all the dungeons and raids, so it's not going to be the same.

The early days of Rift will never come back. What they are doing is not even close. It may be fun and to people who did not play in the early days it may seem like original Rift. It's not though. No where close. Quit fooling yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    How is it a lie? You are PAYING TRION TO LOCK YOU OUT OF CONTENT. All the systems will be the same but just stop at the Classic Rift level. You are literally paying them to lock you out of content. Nothing in Prime Rift will be classic rift at all.

Your right they are not the same, Blizzard (or any other MMO) doesn't charge you to lock yourself out of content.
    Except that you can go play on the live servers and enjoy the benefits of being a Patron there. So you are not paying the to lock you out of content, you are paying them for Patron and along with that you get access to Prime.

You are right, it's not Classic Rift and not what people really asked for. Don't turn it in to something it is not though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Do you even read the links/videos/Dev comments that various people have posted here? if it was just the "current game" they'd just have a server on the server list page called Prime and you wouldn't have to launch Prime separately.

Also there's no Instant Adventures, change number one, no Minions, change number two, Level 50 Expert Dungeons are once again separated into Tier One and Tier Two, just like when Rift started and you better believe Tier Two's will be hard, change number three, the first raid Greenscales Blight will have three modes, LFR, normal and Hard, change number four, the LFR tool has to be reworked to accommodate 20-man raids, it's only 10-man on Live,that's change number five.

The list goes on, so where's this "it's just current game without Expansions?"
    Read what @Theprejudice said just above you. THat is prime in a nutshell. it is NOT classic, it will never be Classic.

Wait @Lathais

There aren't going to be any PvP servers at all? Literally the first couple of months that I played this it was Defiants and Guardians going at each other on PvP servers. That was the whole charm.

Seriously how are Trion dropping the ball so hard on something as simple as this?

No them saying (Go Back to Where It All Began!) does. You are defeating your own argument here. If it isn't going back to classic then what is the point of paying for Prime when you can just do that on the live server as it is and for free?
    Because you can't do it on the Live Server for free?

ALL THE DUNGEONS AND EXPERTS AND RAIDS are having to be REBALANCED. That is not something I can do on the live servers. Can you? The Master Modes may be back, and will be re-balanced to be challenging with current specs. Is that happening on Live? Can you play with players who did not P2W on Live, or do you get stuck with who you get stuck with?

While I agree, Prime is not Classic, and they were a bit tricky with their wording, could be considered a "trick" by many, you are still getting something different from the Live servers. You can not create the same Prime experience on Live yourself, no matter how many times you say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nowhere was it ever mentioned about "classic" Rift, i even linked the original article where the Game Producer and Devs stated Challenge server(s), Clowd even mentioned him talking to the Devs about said Challenge servers on Discord well over a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Because you can't do it on the Live Server for free?

ALL THE DUNGEONS AND EXPERTS AND RAIDS are having to be REBALANCED. That is not something I can do on the live servers. Can you? The Master Modes may be back, and will be re-balanced to be challenging with current specs. Is that happening on Live? Can you play with players who did not P2W on Live, or do you get stuck with who you get stuck with?
    As far as I know Trion have never stated that Prime was intended to be a "Hard Mode" server. Any rebalancing they do would, largely, be to counteract the effects of the extra items that were added over expansions as well the buff to base HP they gave everyone at the start of Nightmare Tide. This "Rebalance" is them undoing the Balancing changes made to account for the above, not to adjust the difficulty relative to live.

That doesn't mean the game won't be harder than Live, but it's not a gaurentee. It could also end up being too easy. Or just outright broken.

The Live game is already considered balanced enough at level 50 for the moment, taking into account Capes, Earrings and higher base HP. So yes, one could get a balanced level 50 expert and raiding experience if they wished it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be honest Prime not having a P2W cash shop means squat.

The garbage one will still be there on live servers.

Still think live credits should be allowed on Prime. Makes no difference if someone can get a costume before someone else.
    It actually means a lot to me. That is Cash Shop having stuff other than cosmetic is why I left the game. If I have access to a server where no one has access to P2W, it's worth it to me and means a lot more than squat.

Who cares what's on the live servers if I am not planning on playing there?

I agree on the credits. I get there may be some technical limitation, but if they can transfer them one way, I should be able to initiate a transfer the other way, even if it takes 24-48 hours for it to be available on the Prime Server.

It actually means a lot to me. That is Cash Shop having stuff other than cosmetic is why I left the game. If I have access to a server where no one has access to P2W, it's worth it to me and means a lot more than squat.

Who cares what's on the live servers if I am not planning on playing there?

I agree on the credits. I get there may be some technical limitation, but if they can transfer them one way, I should be able to initiate a transfer the other way, even if it takes 24-48 hours for it to be available on the Prime Server.
    Oh no I just meant that in essence the stuff like that is still there on those servers.

It's good that Prime doesn't have anything remotely P2W or borderline P2W.

I mean hopefully it makes them realise that the sort of questionable stuff they've been pulling on live servers is not on and they tone it down/remove it but that seem highly unlikely to me.

To be honest Lathais PM me with your Prime experience after you've given it a good go. I'm not willing to pay a sub for that but I would like your opinion on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    As far as I know Trion have never stated that Prime was intended to be a "Hard Mode" server.
    This is just testing the waters, if Prime is a success then at the end of it's current cycle they might relaunch a server with different rulesets, to quote:

One of the threads that pops up pretty regularly in our forums runs along the lines of, “I remember when RIFT was actually a challenge, and wasn’t that cool.” Funny thing is, we have been feeling nostalgic too, so we started playing around with the logistics of a “Hard Mode” server. We set one up internally, and guess what? It is a heck of a lot of fun! Damn, that Jakub hits hard! OW!

We were not sure exactly how long this experience would remain fun, though. Would this be something that players would pursue for a long time or would it become boring once the novelty and nostalgia wore off?

Then someone suggested that perhaps this sort of server should be a limited time thing. That is, after a set period of time, it would be replaced with something different. The lights came on for everyone and the ideas came thick and fast: some crazy, some cool, some doable, some we only wish we could implement!
    For instance, after Hard Mode, maybe next time you are buffed off the charts on an easy mode server, enabling you to take on some of the content you never even got a chance to see the first time through.

After much discussion, the concept of special rule set servers called “RIFT Challenges” was born.

Now, as I said, this is still very much in the experimental stages and we have no idea in what form, if any, this will eventually be taken LIVE, but the initial idea is that you play on the challenge server to reach a specific goal, which then awards you something truly awesome for your main live server character. Amazing new armor, weapons, new *cough* race *cough*… there are many details yet to be worked out and again, NO promises. No dates. This is a HUGE project that may or may not work.
    Source: http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...cers-letter-2/

So if it works, more different Challenge servers can be tried, full on PvP, easy mode, hard mode, but will all depend on how successful or not Prime will be.

Like I said you clearly don't know how a progression guild works.

Edit: Everything listed in that FAQ can be done on the live servers RIGHT NOW with a progression guild.
    Oh, so that's the trick to being able to re-balance all the dungeons, experts, masters and raids? Being in a Progressions Guild means you can re-balance the game from the server side? Neat. I'll have to look in to one of those.

As far as I know Trion have never stated that Prime was intended to be a "Hard Mode" server. Any rebalancing they do would, largely, be to counteract the effects of the extra items that were added over expansions as well the buff to base HP they gave everyone at the start of Nightmare Tide. This "Rebalance" is them undoing the Balancing changes made to account for the above, not to adjust the difficulty relative to live.

That doesn't mean the game won't be harder than Live, but it's not a gaurentee. It could also end up being too easy. Or just outright broken.

The Live game is already considered balanced enough at level 50 for the moment, taking into account Capes, Earrings and higher base HP. So yes, one could get a balanced level 50 expert and raiding experience if they wished it.
    Oh they stated that. Then they just decided to ask their hardcore fanbase rather than actually do a poll of what people wanted between this and Classic.

Issue is when they ask on the forums you can't really present much unless it's one sided due to how biased the forums are. Polling their fans at Pax hardly helps since that's not a fair representation.

They should have asked the community what we wanted. Prime or Classic.

I have a feeling Classic would have won in a landslide.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    This is like if Legion was free and then Blizzard released a "prime" service where they locked your xp to 60 and then just gated content in order to do the patches while you have Legion coefficiency on spells and talent trees, except you're paying them a sub now for removing your content.

How can people not see this is a retarded idea?
    Thankfully the companies that even thought of an idea similar to this scrapped it and either have actual Legacy servers/or are intending to implement Classic as is or close as possible to the original experience.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-05 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    This is just testing the waters, if Prime is a success then at the end of it's current cycle they might relaunch a server with different rulesets, to quote:
    I'm aware. Those challenge servers are not Prime however. They're two separate server types entirely.

That's not to say Prime won't be harder than Live, only that providing difficult content isn't the primary focus of the server. The people who are hoping for a return to Experts being hard might be, sadly, disapointed with the results.

The thing is they've already overcome one side of the hurdle.

At the end of Prime your credits transfer over to live.

If it can go that way it can easily go the other. As you said it's just a poor excuse from them.
    It's one thing, once a server is closed and no more changes can be made to it, to run a script and then have all the credits you have subtracted from Prime and added to Live. It's another to do it while both systems are live and running. I fully believe this is a technical limitation. However, I do not see why they could not have a way for you to initiate the transfer, then batch run all the people that initiated the transfer during maintenance when no changes are being made to the servers. Sure, telling people you can transfer the credits, but they won't be available until the next maintenance is not a perfect answer, but it's at least something that seems possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Quite a few people have said that. Yet when you think of it, most of them probably played vanilla Rift for 1 month and quit.

And somehow they want THAT game back? So they can quit again in a month?

This kind of shows that people often don't know what they want.
    Most of the people I know that played Rift Day 1 stayed playing right up to the F2P announcement. Many even stuck around after that, until things started going P2W. That's the game people want back. You know, back when the game actually had a decent population of paying customers.

I'm aware. Those challenge servers are not Prime however. They're two separate server types entirely.

That's not to say Prime won't be harder than Live, only that providing difficult content isn't the primary focus of the server. The people who are hoping for a return to Experts being hard might be, sadly, disapointed with the results.
    Experts haven't been hard since Nightmare Tide to be honest.

The current ones are literally just skip the trash mobs, hit the boss which does next to no damage and gg. There is nothing engaging about the current dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

It's one thing, once a server is closed and no more changes can be made to it, to run a script and then have all the credits you have subtracted from Prime and added to Live. It's another to do it while both systems are live and running. I fully believe this is a technical limitation. However, I do not see why they could not have a way for you to initiate the transfer, then batch run all the people that initiated the transfer during maintenance when no changes are being made to the servers. Sure, telling people you can transfer the credits, but they won't be available until the next maintenance is not a perfect answer, but it's at least something that seems possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the people I know that played Rift Day 1 stayed playing right up to the F2P announcement. Many even stuck around after that, until things started going P2W. That's the game people want back. You know, back when the game actually had a decent population of paying customers.
    I don't believe there is any limitation.

If credits can go one way they can do some easy fixes and make them go the other.

Prime is just their way of seeing how much they can squeeze out of the game. Nothing to do with a "equal footing".

Literally minutes after this sub thing was announced we had the intro pack and then the knowledge that Prime will have it's separate credits.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-05 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Honestly, I was hoping this thread would be people talking about Prime, maybe setting up guilds and getting to know others and such.

All I see instead, is a circle jerk of people hijacking the thread to tell everyone what they think the game *should* be, and how it is not going to work, blah blah...

How about people just let those of us who want to play and discuss it with others who are like-minded, and maybe allow us to talk to each other about setting up said guilds, and meeting new people we might not otherwise play with, instead of ranting and rambling on over and over about "How it will suck!" and "How it isn't original Rift", and my favourite "It is a cash grab!"

We know, we don't give a shit. Leave us alone to discuss and play it without the same old rhetoric over, and over, and over. 17 pages of this shit, honestly.
    We are happy to let you discuss it. I don't think anyone here said it's not going to work specifically. Just that it's not what they were expecting. If it works then good. Maybe Trion will realise the path they've taken with live isn't the right one.

And we are free to critique it. This is a forum for discussion and posting both positive and critical as long as it's within the rules of the site of course. If you do not want to see what others are posting you are free to ignore them. You may not as you bluntly put it "give a shit" but well it seems a large amount do. Unfair to quench discussion because you disagree with the points personally. If you disagree then explain why you do or again use the ignore feature.

And right now it seems to be the majority is critical so that's the way the discussion will go naturally.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-05 at 03:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    We know, we don't give a shit. Leave us alone to discuss and play it without the same old rhetoric over, and over, and over. 17 pages of this shit, honestly.
    ^Yep, this.

Now that you started it.... I'm looking for a guild! I will start playing a warrior (unless I do another 180 with my class choice, character creation screen is treacherous for me) and I'm willing to play all roles. Most likely online during EU evenings.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

No, a handful of people started ranting, raving and going on, and on, and on about the same thing, over and over.

Were this a Classic WoW thread, a mod would either have closed it down or giving some warnings by now.

As for you personally, you played for what, one month? So why in God's name does any of this concern you or even interest you? What do you gain from this? Except to try and convince others somehow your opinion and thoughts are more relevant, and you choose to bestow your wonderful words of wisdom upon us.

News flash, I, and I am guessing many others here who have had to try and wade through all this really, *really* couldn't give a shit.

And please don't use the "This is a forum for open discussion" thing, because this hasn;t become an open discussion, just a handful of people hammering away at each other hoping somehow they might convince the other in their way of thinking, which just isn't going to happen.

We aren't hijacking WoW classic threads, so why the hell do people seem to have this bizarre need to ramble on about what they think the game should be when it is already decided.

The servers are going live on Wednesday, the actual game experience is already set up, and no amount of ranting, raving, talking bollocks, or self-indulgent crap will change that. If you don't like it, feel free to make a new thread or such to discuss why you think it won't work, instead of hijacking what I and am am guessing many others thought would be a recruitment, and mutual grouping thread.
    And if you feel there are any rules being broke report them then.

I said I played one month at launch then went back to WoW. I came back to the game in Storm Legion/Nightmare Tide. But of course you are just choosing to read what you want to read here.

I will post how I want to within the sites rules. Simple as that.

Right now there is more critical posting going on here so yet again that is the way the discussion will lean. You are of course entitled to your opinions on how you feel the discussion is. Again this is a forum for open discussion. If you don't want to see some parts then use ignore. I can't really offer any more advice than that.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-05 at 03:52 PM.

Wait @Lathais

There aren't going to be any PvP servers at all? Literally the first couple of months that I played this it was Defiants and Guardians going at each other on PvP servers. That was the whole charm.

Seriously how are Trion dropping the ball so hard on something as simple as this?
    Yeah, thought I read it was going to be one server, no PvP. I'm not 100% sure on that though, so maybe someone with more knowledge could say. Seeing as the current iteration of the game has factions cooperating though, it makes sense.

-snip-
    And you are perfectly entitled to your opinions on the matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, thought I read it was going to be one server, no PvP. I'm not 100% sure on that though, so maybe someone with more knowledge could say. Seeing as the current iteration of the game has factions cooperating though, it makes sense.
    To be fair I'm not fond of open world PvP stuff but when I started Rift it felt a lot more fair at that point.

Yes, but the point is it WILL be a different experience than if you tried to recreate it yourself on live. Quit saying you can do the same thing on live because you can't. It is different. Whether it will be different enough to be worth the cost is yet to be determined. However, to all of you who keep saying you can do the same thing on live, that is absolutely not true and a piss poor argument.