Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    But can you be a dashing swordsman with a silver tongue and illusion magic as a Shaman? If so then I know what to use my boost on!
    U didn't saying about the class, just bard: melee dps, range dps and healer. Shaman: melee dps, range dps and healer. Shaman=bard. Bards tend to be a support/hybrid class but there r no supports in wow. And shaman is a hybrid.

Guess u could always play a rouge, swords and stealth is about as close to illusion and ur going to get.

1) remove CRZ/sharding, this would involve taking a look at realm populations and merging several servers in many cases to create a single server that has a healthy population.

2) bring back snapshotting for dots. soul swap was broken, snapshotting wasn't. they overstepped and removed a crucial skill element for anyone who uses dots because of it and it should be brought back.

3) remove titanforging/warforging, the gear you get is the gear you get, you can farm your bis and then be done until the next tier, what a crazy concept...

4) raid gear usable in pvp without restrictions, did you just finally kill that boss after a few weeks/months of grinding and you want an advantage in pvp with your new rare item? yes, you can, you worked for it, now go have fun! i realize this is fun at the expense of others technically, but those others can also choose to put in the time for it, so they have no right to complain while also being lazy.

5) more mythic+ rewards. i thought of a few others but atm i run really high keys, already qualified for the 2nd MDI with my team, and we get nothing to show for it except a spot on the tourney realm and a high raider.io score, blizz needs to do a MUCH better job at incentivizing this for players. even a gladiator style system with title's and mounts for the top players, while lazy and unoriginal, would show that they realize how much effort it takes to be at that level.

wouldn't mind reforging making a comeback, i wouldn't mind leveling changes to make it more engaging like it used to be back when you actually had to go to your trainer to learn new abilities, and i definitely wouldn't be opposed to LFR/LFD either being removed or changed to the point where they service people who just want to see it but realize they won't be getting gear that's relevant from it ever. the removal of wf/tf helps this but i would go a step further and remove all trinkets and basically just leave a few base items in there, you shouldn't afk your way into good/decent gear, ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raids back to one difficulty.
    Remove Demon hunters and give warlocks back their spec.
    Add Mop and WoD to the same scaling section as wrath and tbc so it goes 60-100.
    Remove dungeon finder and raid finder
    no more crz nonsense

Nothing, because "Lead Developer" isn't the one who decides such things; their words isn't law on what gets altered, nor does it have some 'major vote' kind of swing. Definitely don't have final say, like some people in this thread seem to think. Companies don't quite work that way, especially not ones as large as Blizzard.

What would I propose be changed, though?

1. A better ban system for toxic players. The whole "harsh penalties for simple offenses will make the game die" argument is flawed, and just blatantly wrong. Especially given how many people often cite toxicity in the community as a reason for leaving in the first place.

2. Remove flying all together; never liked it in the first place. Bring back gliders and stuff before they got nerfed at the start of Legion. It's really just there for lazy people; guarantee not even 1/3 of the people who say they'd quit if it got removed, would actually quit.. Prove me wrong.

3. Going off #2 -> add in some sort of perks to make leveling alts less awful, that don't consist of "more exp gained!" because that's still following the exact same shit, just slightly faster. Two or three times is fine, once you start on like the fifth char it gets a bit much; replay-ability is low in WoW. Not sure what, but it's an idea. Wouldn't mind a Palace of the Dead zone like FF14 has, it's fun with friends at least.

4. Dyes for armour. Some of the stuff have really grotesque colours, but nice-looking patterns that could get improved significantly this way.

5. Housing that was meant to be implemented in like BC/WotLK; make it decent like EQ2 / Wildstar's was, don't half-ass it like Archeage and Rift.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2018-03-05 at 03:50 PM.

Deleted
    Why are so many people actively trying to remove things? Isn't adding things much more fun? Genuinely confused, what's fun about getting rid of stuff. Atleast try to adjust it if you hate it. Instead of just going "kill this, kill that".

Remove flying from the game and kill off manduin
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

1)solo queue in BGs
    2)solo queue in arenas
    3)begin a shift from a hard trinity to a soft one: all player characters get an increase in their health pools and everyone gets extra tools to mitigate damage and/or regain lost health, healer's healing output gets reduced considerably and in return both their dps is increased (obviously still lower than DPS classes) and their utility gets improved dramatically (to the point that you really want to bring those specs in your pve/pvp group but not just as healbots but as fantastic support characters that are crucial to the success of the group and can contribute to the fight in a variety of ways rather than just refilling health pools)

that's all really

Holy Moly...
    I'm soooo glad the people in this thread aren't in the dev team.
    Not only are there some absolutely ludicrous ideas in here, but some of them have the potential to outright destroy this game.

Most of the posts in here could literally be answered by J. Allen Brack's famous "You think you do, but you don't!" quote.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I'd change is make Mythic raids have template characters so us Mythic raiders could stop trying to fuck things up for the other 97% of players like TF to solve our own issues. Or just make TF cap 5 levels below current tier Mythic and then allow Mythic gear to only WF. The whining from some of my Mythic raiding brethren is ridiculous and only shows that they don't understand the basics of probability.

1-Naga Playable Race
    2-WoW Map editor
    3-Player + Alts scenarios
    4-Hide armor/weapon for each slot with option to hide one part of the armor(One glove/One boot/one shoulder)
    5-Pvp Honor Rank Account-Wide
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

1) Allow players to choose whether they want to fly or not. Since flying is a much easier means of travel, gate it behind something like an achievement line. Having it be only flying or only not flying is dividing the community.

2) Allow players to choose whether they use dungeonfinder/raidfinder or not. This way, people can still form groups on their own if they want, or if they don't have time, they can jump into the groupfinder of their choosing. Forcing us into random groups when we want to run a dungeon is hurting the community.

3) Allow players to choose what gear they wear for raids and dungeons. Making people try repeatedly for equipment they have to wear because the website says so hurts group content.

4) Allow players to choose what race they get to play when they make a character. Obviously all of the people who were forced into playing pandaren characters are unhappy and would prefer some other race/class combinations to exist so they can enjoy the game too.

5) Allow constructive player feedback with appropriate details and no wild claims in either direction. Right now, the game is rife with nothing to do beyond solo content, rp content, raid content, and pvp content. It also lacks any real, organic options in characters like multiple race/class options and body-types for people who want to enjoy their fantasy in their own way without fear of reprisal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fjordkeeper View Post
    Holy Moly...
    I'm soooo glad the people in this thread aren't in the dev team.
    Not only are there some absolutely ludicrous ideas in here, but some of them have the potential to outright destroy this game.

Most of the posts in here could literally be answered by J. Allen Brack's famous "You think you do, but you don't!" quote.
    Careful, friend. We don't take kindly to that kind of thinking here. Save that crap for the forums where everybody isn't drowned out by the same 8-10 people who are still hung up on pandaren being a thing almost 5-6 years later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    Pfft, what was the last time you played the game?
    Fortunately, I've been playing it for a lot longer than a single raid zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Assuming BfA changes are staying like they're looking currently:
    1. Remove WF/TF/random sockets.
    2. Restore old camera zoom(because clearly making bosses taking the garbage reduced zoom into account doesn't work)
    3. Allow transmog between any weapon with the same "hand requirement"(1h, 2h, offhand, ranged)
    4. Allow flying immediately at max level without Pathfinder(or Pathfinder fully available at launch)
    5. Make heirlooms give massively increased experience(total of like 500% or something) to allow people to level their alts quickly if they want, while leaving the slow levelling speed for those who want that instead

And another one that I'd like, but will never happen:
    Allow full cross faction play, at least in instanced content.
    I have to agree here. Too much fucking RNG. And please let me level faster. I hate the damn levelling.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    And another one that I'd like, but will never happen:
    Allow full cross faction play, at least in instanced content.
    I would like this very much as well. It would open up the equivalent of 5+ new races for me to play since I don't also have to miss out on what my friends of 10+ years are doing. Hopefully, the new pvp system is a step in this direction.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    1. Merge servers
    2. Remove CRZ/Sharding
    3. Give back many pruned abilities
    4. Re-institute RPG elements
    5. Remove Faction and Name changes and put extreme cooldowns on Server and Race changes
    I like all of these.

Mine would would be
    1.Merge realms. It's the devs responsibility to keep servers as full as possible and give players people to play with.
    2. Weapon skills.
    3. Mop style gear. Tier sets. Sockets in gear.maybe keep war forging but not Titan forging.
    4. Good bye stat templates. Create more battle grounds and a account wide prestige system with compelling rewards.
    5. Dailys. Let players end the senseless artifact power like grinds. Bad luck protection on prestige mounts for reputations.
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I don't fully know what titanforging is and why people hate it.

I know there are basically 3 versions of the item, the regular, the warforged and the titanforged. This seems to have been put in place because of personal loot, that leads to more loot dropping. In the old days you'd get a small number of pieces on group loot and you could go months without an upgrade. Now you can get luck or unlucky with titanforging, but at least you get an item.

I do think that there should be a way to upgrade an item (and maybe there is?) from regular to warforged to titanforged. But it should take a long time (ie get 5 of the same item to turn into the titanforged).

What am I missing?
    What you're missing is addicted crybabies who think a 0.0000001% chance of getting an upgrade means they are forced to do content that they don't want to do. When it really isn't forced by anyone but themselves because of their addiction. What it is for is for people who don't have time/do not wish for hardest content to continue to play the game and have a chance of small upgrade. It hurts no one (hint you can clear mythic raids without titanforged armour) and benefits others.

10+ Year Old Account
    In no particular order other than thought.

1) "Mercenary mode" available for all activities but Mythic raiding, available via friends list. Essentially allows cross-faction play in 99% of the game, with the friends list limitation to avoid people doing it to avoid pvp realm imbalances (which probably won't be an issue after BFA launches)

2) Ranked BGs. Yes, it will be imbalanced at first. Yes, you may not like the teammates you randomly get. Welcome to any PvP game.

3) If it Binds on Pickup, you can unlock the transmog when you're soloing the dungeon/raid. Old items that are bound get grandfathered in as learnable

4) Reforging.

5) If they're going to continue the random legendaries/powerful items from activities, and make ones that are completely broken or change how the class plays, you shouldn't have to wait an entire expansion to get the one you want randomly.

6) "Flavor abilities" like the old Eyes of the Beast
    Last edited by Alopex; 2018-03-05 at 04:35 PM.
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    1) Reputation balance. Remember Sholazar and getting + rep for one got - rep for the other? It actually felt like you picked a side and not just "Exalt ALL THE REPS!". (granted, you could flip-flop the other way for the chieve...). I would like reps to be choices on whether or not you wish to support them. Court of Farondis? Screw that dude, he doomed his people. I don't care about him atoning for whatever, get bent. Should have been an opposing faction with which you could side instead.

2) MoP style 0/2, 1/2, 2/2 gear upgrades as the new WF/TF model, purchasable with Valor or whatever other arbitrary daily/weekly currency. Proc'ing something like 35 ilvl boost to an item is flat out dumb, terrible design choice. Can't balance shit around it, especially trinkets they need to keep messing with because reasons. Let's control the ilvl and, in association, the power levels so things aren't so wildly laughable in terms of power from fresh 110 in 800s to someone in 960+.

3) Level squish. Soon tobe 120 is a huge, daunting number, and it's largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Squish vanilla to 1-40, BC/Wrath to 40-50, Cata/MoP to 50-60, WoD to 60-70, Legion to 70-80, then new stuff. Being fresh to the game, 110 is a big number, especially since most other popular titles aren't that high yet (like 80s-ish seems reasonable). Character level is a core piece of RPG, but they no longer have significance anymore; they are just another timesink to get to the current content. Which brings me to...

4) Make level gains actually feel like a gain and not an arbitrary timesink. Levels used to grant a new ability, a new rank, pretty much something each level that would feel like you are progressing in your profession (read: class). Today, you get abilities like every other level at first, then it wanes to every few, and with a talent every 15 levels, they are few and far between to the point where leveling up 5-10 levels at a time *maybe* grants one new ability (half of the specs get a passive one, no less...), but otherwise it's a slog of boring grind with little to no reward as time passes. Yes, we've all leveled a ton of times, but leveling is a core piece of the game and making it interesting and feeling like you are gaining power would go a long way to help the tedium.

5) To keep going on the leveling thing (since it's a hot topic since 7.3.5's changes) is to tone down the HP on mobs both instanced (dungeons) and in the world. They don't hit any harder, nor are they any more interesting, it just takes longer. Increase to XP gains offset help offset the raw time spent, but random dungeon bosses taking 1.5 minutes to kill makes that raw time much more boring, basically just standing still and mashing 1 until the thing falls over.
    This scaling issue is most prevalent when timewalking happens. Each timewalking dungeon is a slow crawl due to the scaling down and power nerf so much so that I can clear Legion Mythics solo in half the time it takes to clear a timewalking dungeon with a party of 5. Why would current content be years 'easier' (use of that word equates time spent to ease) than some old recycled garbage for some tokens? There's no bonus xp or reward otherwise, timewalking is just flat out painful.

Bonus: Reforging. It doesn't need to come back if secondaries got a proper balancing. That won't ever happen because redesigning how they affect every spec is a huge task, so just bring it back already. Too many specs hate Vers, as an example, but that same class has a spec that loves it, so people are still carrying multiple gear sets (not to mention the 'single target' vs 'aoe' gear sets), so the multi-purpose gear kinda helped but also kinda didn't. Just let people reforge your garbage item budgets to whatever is the hot flavor of the patch and be done with it. Make it a BS/LW/Tailor consumable item (to help boost professions' relevancy), then people can buy/craft a handful to keep in their bags for the chance at loot in raids so they don't feel compelled to hearth every item they get. Solved. Next?

1. Revert addon/UI nerfs (camera distance, unit position in raids/dungeons, friendly nameplaces customization, group finder hardware event requirements).
    2. Free flying at max expansion level (no path finder or time gating shit).
    3. Revert class abilities pruning.
    4. Bring back 10 man mythic raiding.
    5. Fix broken leveling and give players leveling speed options (slow/fast).

For me?

1, Bring back pvp gear. preferably with Resi. and sack off templates.
    2, Bring back long AV.
    3, allow bigger premades than 5 again.
    4, turn off city guards on balanced realms. and then for each % of difference.. add a handful of guards that are elite.. but not godlike.
    5, make world pvp a rewarding thing. I should ALWAYS want to kill red. even if he is 50 levels lower than myself. I'm not saying I'll corpse camp him (unless im /spat at.) but It is WAR!

EDIT:

Stealing this from above! Ranked bgs. yes. 10000%. I've been pvping in this game for 13 years.. before BG's even existed.. hell, I used to get DHK's! I am not the best arena pro. but I'm a damn sight better in bgs.. would love that.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy