Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Welcome back Rob, I've missed your whining.

And we indirectly fought him. We free the Pantheon to allow them to shoot a big beam at Sargeras, ultimately defeating him.
    Isn't that what we did with thrall and deathwing?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Titan bodies - forgoing what you may feel they are, since you have yet to provide any proof, is what i call the bodies they make. Like everything we see in Ulduar and the bodies of Agrammar and argus in Antorus
    Except there isn't a single Titan body in all of Ulduar, even by your definition. The only "Titan body" on all of Azeroth that it would apply to is the Avatar of Sargeras, since Azeroth has no body of her own we know of.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    How many people whined and complained and screamed bad writing when we used the Dragon Soul with the full power of the Aspects to kill Deathwing?
    A lot.

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggit View Post
    A lot.

10char
    Precisely.

There's one big camp complaining about us becoming demigods, too powerful even in comparison to lore characters, and longing for us to become "simple adventurers" again. Then another camp complaining that we didn't kill Sargeras, a planet sized godlike being, with our bare hands.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

A lot.

10char
    We didn't kill Deathwing with the Dragon Soul, Green Jesus did.

- - - Updated - - -

Precisely.

There's one big camp complaining about us becoming demigods, too powerful even in comparison to lore characters, and longing for us to become "simple adventurers" again. Then another camp complaining that we didn't kill Sargeras, a planet sized godlike being, with our bare hands.
    Nobody said anything about bare hands, or killing him at all. Please stop being a fucking idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    We didn't kill Deathwing with the Dragon Soul, Green Jesus did.
    Well yeah, and I remember a lot of people back in Cata being upset that the big bad of the expansion was killed by some NPC in a cutscene while the players just kind of dicked around.

Not as much, but I heard some similar sentiments echoed about the way ICC ended, but at least people got to fight the LK directly.

Well yeah, and I remember a lot of people back in Cata being upset that the big bad of the expansion was killed by some NPC in a cutscene while the players just kind of dicked around.

Not as much, but I heard some similar sentiments echoed about the way ICC ended, but at least people got to fight the LK directly.
    At least they let us fight Deathwing before an NPC killed him off. We've been cockteased about Sargeras ever since the Warcraft lore started taking shape, and here we stand at the culmination without having so much as confronted him face to face. The big bad guy, the one who set in motion most events that have taken place in Warcraft history. And we don't even get a shot at him.

At least they let us fight Deathwing before an NPC killed him off. We've been cockteased about Sargeras ever since the Warcraft lore started taking shape, and here we stand at the culmination without having so much as confronted him face to face. The big bad guy, the one who set in motion most events that have taken place in Warcraft history. And we don't even get a shot at him.
    How do you fight a planet? You can argue they built up Sargeras too much making him a living planet, cause that cut us off from being able to fight him directly. But complaining that we're not fighting a planet for the sake of complaining is quite tiring. Also, welcome back from your latest ban.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

How do you fight a planet? You can argue they built up Sargeras too much making him a living planet, cause that cut us off from being able to fight him directly. But complaining that we're not fighting a planet for the sake of complaining is quite tiring. Also, welcome back from your latest ban.
    Sargeras isn't a planet, just a very big dude. So make our characters bigger as well. It can easily be done, just look at the Ozumat fight. And before people start screaming it wouldn't fit on the screen, everything is relative. So just make our characters normal sized, make Sargeras normal sized, and make the place where we're fighting very small to give the illusion that we're giants. Easy.

Or have Sargeras just shrink down to a proportion we can fight. He's arrogant enough to do that.

Sargeras isn't a planet, just a very big dude. So make our characters bigger as well. It can easily be done, just look at the Ozumat fight. And before people start screaming it wouldn't fit on the screen, everything is relative. So just make our characters normal sized, make Sargeras normal sized, and make the place where we're fighting very small to give the illusion that we're giants. Easy.

Or have Sargeras just shrink down to a proportion we can fight. He's arrogant enough to do that.
    You're trying to compare something the size of a battleship to someone larger than a planet. Sargeras is about twice as tall as the planet Azeroth's diameter. As for the shrinking he's done is before. He dueled the leader of the race who had the demon hunter tank weapon iirc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Isn't that what we did with thrall and deathwing?
    Blizzard knows the one true spell to slay them all...

15+ Year Old Account
    If we killed Sargeras we wouldn't get the opportunity to fight alongside him against the Void Lords.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    If we killed Sargeras we wouldn't get the opportunity to fight alongside him against the Void Lords.
    Never said we had to kill him. Reading is hard.

To be honest, I didn't like it either. Made the expac feel incomplete.

If they can come up with a reason for us not to be instantly one-shot by Argus and Aggramar, they can do the same for Sargeras.

Just to let you know OP, the one thing Sargeras hates more than us, is the Void, and when the time comes we can unleash him on the void. Think of the void as a matador, and Sargeras is the bull about to strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    He's the size of a planet and can cleave one in two but HE IS NO MATCH FOR A BEAR
    I shall parry! I shall block with my shield! I shall be driven miles below the crust of Silithus!

- - - Updated - - -

Instead, we fight some shallow placeholder boss, and then all we get is a cinematic of Sargeras being imprisoned. Sargeras has been the big bad guy for so long, they've been building up to a battle with him for ages. And then they don't? We fight Archimonde, we fight Kil'jaeden, but not Sargeras?

How did they even imprison him? How the hell did the Pantheon even revive? They were all killed off by Sargeras and their spirits lost. Aman'Thul was aborbed by Lei Shen and should have died with him.

It's just fucking stupid that Sargeras, at full power, can be imprisoned by the Pantheon who he already killed once that revived out of nowhere. They should have at least let us battle him. We're probably never gonna see the Legion in the spotlight again, and this is the way they concluded it? Bullshit.
    You can't kill Sargeras without T25 gear. Duh.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Would have been nice to kill him if only to end the awful Legion story for good. Thinking about the void lords is so cringe.. like it's so obvious from day 1 that sargy was/is going to help us fight them eventually. This outcome was expected if you've been following the story.

I just hope we don't release him for a few xpac - need to tone this DBZ shit down.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    We should never ever fight a titan - fallen or otherwise. Aid in the combat yes, but no direct confrontation.

It's bad enough we have fought weakened Old gods.
    Aggramar says hi

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    I shall parry! I shall block with my shield! I shall be driven miles below the crust of Silithus!

- - - Updated - - -

You can't kill Sargeras without T25 gear. Duh.
    Afther legion no more tiersets booya!

The guy's a Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Aggramar says hi
    Let's not forget Argus.

We fought two Titans back to back, even if they were both greatly weakened. (and we had nearly the entire Pantheon backing us up on the second)

Still, i don't think we'd have even a sliver of a chance against Sargeras. Argus and Aggramar would have fit in the Vindikaar with some effort. Sargeras could have held it in his hand and have room to spare.

Though i do wonder whether the Pantheon actually managed to get him... maybe he didn't just leave a blade behind.