Played a game yesterday with a Medivh who sat in raven form for literally the entire match, circling the battlefield. He finished with 0 in every single stat except XP, where he managed to leech a cool 1100.

His excuse? He was "scouting".

Antisocial people like that have no place in multiplayer games.

10+ Year Old Account
    COME ON! It is not even funny anymore!

A guy disconnects again on my promotion game. So frustrating...

Deleted
    I'm lvl 20 now, it is 19pm here and it takes 6minutes for a quick match...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyogokudo View Post
    I'm lvl 20 now, it is 19pm here and it takes 6minutes for a quick match...
    Lvl 20 on a new account? You should still be playing against primarily low level players by that point, so the matchmaker takes that into account when you are queueing. On my main account with 7k+ games it takes on average about 2-3 min for a QM game to start and sometimes even faster than that depending on what Hero role I decided to choose (there are other factors as well, but that one seems to determine queue times fairly often for me at least).

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess there's no way to reliably level a hero. QM is a fucking dumpster fire in terms of quality,
    and v.s. A.I. gives such a pathetic amount of exp that its never worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I guess there's no way to reliably level a hero. QM is a fucking dumpster fire in terms of quality,
    I think QM is the best place to level a hero, but if you think that it's that bad - try team league
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I think QM is the best place to level a hero, but if you think that it's that bad - try team league
    Ranked to play a specific hero that might be horrendous for the comp/map/hard countered, plus they probably haven't played that much if they're still actively leveling it? Surely you jest?

... Actually, that would explain a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Ranked to play a specific hero that might be horrendous for the comp/map/hard countered, plus they probably haven't played that much if they're still actively leveling it? Surely you jest?

... Actually, that would explain a lot.
    It's team league, you grab 4 people and build composition around the hero you want to level, if you are horrendous at doing this AND QM is also too bad for leveling heroes the next step is probably stopping playing
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

It's team league, you grab 4 people and build composition around the hero you want to level, if you are horrendous at doing this AND QM is also too bad for leveling heroes the next step is probably stopping playing
    I guess that might work with friends (ie. out of mine only 1-2 play hots) I wouldn't try to get 4 pugs to work around my leveling desires - and personally got no problem with leveling in QP. I just don't think people should be going to ranked to level, at least not without said 5-man premade who are all on the same page.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that might work with friends (ie. out of mine only 1-2 play hots) I wouldn't try to get 4 pugs to work around my leveling desires - and personally got no problem with leveling in QP. I just don't think people should be going to ranked to level, at least not without said 5-man premade who are all on the same page.
    Isn't that the point of pugging is to get a stable roster of players who are on the same page? I mean, what's the point of getting random teammates into team league every time? Doesn't it make it, basically, a draft match with risks? Like running heroic dungeons in WoW, but manually?

Isn't that the point of pugging is to get a stable roster of players who are on the same page? I mean, what's the point of getting random teammates into team league every time? Doesn't it make it, basically, a draft match with risks? Like running heroic dungeons in WoW, but manually?
    Personally I avoid pugging like the plague unless I have no choice, and mostly go to TL as 2-man group with my friend and hope for the best (in which case I'd be pissed if the 3-man was there to level something). As for the guy who just wants to level, if he already doesn't have a reliable 5-man group then trying to pug and build one just for leveling in TL instead of QP doesn't sound like an efficient nor fun way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I avoid pugging like the plague unless I have no choice, and mostly go to TL as 2-man group with my friend and hope for the best (in which case I'd be pissed if the 3-man was there to level something). As for the guy who just wants to level, if he already doesn't have a reliable 5-man group then trying to pug and build one just for leveling in TL instead of QP doesn't sound like an efficient nor fun way to go.
    well, dunno honestly, i've helped my friend to level his medivh with medivh+chen combo in TL when it was relevant, now we play mostly as 5 man stack (i play with 2 other players and we just fill with those who are available from a friendlist or discord) and don't shun away from building a team around one or two favorable picks.
    Off course it's not something crazy like TLV or Probius, but grabbing a reliable AoE stun for, say, KTZ is not something hard ot crazy to come by.

I myself leveled blaze almost exclusively in HL and TL, yeah, thanks that he is OP as fuck and fits perfectly in almost every composition
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-03-05 at 04:58 PM.

well, dunno honestly, i've helped my friend to level his medivh with medivh+chen combo in TL when it was relevant, now we play mostly as 5 man stack (i play with 2 other players and we just fill with those who are available from a friendlist or discord) and don't shun away from building a team around one or two favorable picks.
    Off course it's not something crazy like TLV or Probius, but grabbing a reliable AoE stun for, say, KTZ is not something hard ot crazy to come by.

I myself leveled blaze almost exclusively in HL and TL, yeah, thanks that he is OP as fuck and fits perfectly in almost every composition
    Fair enough, I suppose.

Deleted
    Varian (russian, cant communicate with team) picks Q, W, Minion Heal and Taunt into 2 Support + Zarya w Expulsion Zone when we have X strike Genji + Hanzo + Stukov.

Sure method to lose the fights....

and next round of clown drafts:

blaze (me, 2nd pick) ming (1st pick) valla dva auriel

vs

hanzo morales dehaka zeebo johanna.

Sure thing to win!
    Last edited by mmoca1e9535a29; 2018-03-06 at 12:50 PM.

Deleted
    Finished my TL placements yesterday. 'Discovered' two combos, that hadn't been on my radar before:

Thrall & Kel. Wolf plus Kel combo was wrecking people already in the laning phase, the only guy who wouldn't lose the majority of his health was their Muradin.

Diablo & Garrosh. Was playing Malf and they caught me three times with push/flip/push into stun/throw. No fun was had.

10+ Year Old Account
    2nd promo game, a Nova player shit talks me about being terrible, despite this Nova *never*
    putting pressure on the enemy healer or squishies on the enemy team.

I then proceed to lose twice against this same douchebag, two games later.

Fun game.

Deleted
    [IMG]C:\Users\Anders\Pictures\Screenshots\Skærmbillede (24).png[/IMG]

placement draft....

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    As far as I know, there's no difference in how much xp is granted between QM and AI. In fact, the only game modes that award bonus xp are team and hero league (50% and 25% bonus respectively.) The reason it might seem like you earn less is that the xp you're rewarded seems to be based on time and level reached in that game. Naturally AI games are much quicker and easier and since people just play it to win, they are over before you hit level 20, therefore, your xp gain is minimal. You get bonus xp for grouping with a friend from your friends list and a bonus for the size of your group (per person.) So, you can conceivably earn +225% bonus xp maximum if you have a stimpack active, a 5 man group with at least one of them on your friends list and playing team league. AI/QM/and unranked all award equal amounts of xp
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    As far as I know, there's no difference in how much xp is granted between QM and AI. In fact, the only game modes that award bonus xp are team and hero league (50% and 25% bonus respectively.) The reason it might seem like you earn less is that the xp you're rewarded seems to be based on time and level reached in that game. Naturally AI games are much quicker and easier and since people just play it to win, they are over before you hit level 20, therefore, your xp gain is minimal. You get bonus xp for grouping with a friend from your friends list and a bonus for the size of your group (per person.) So, you can conceivably earn +225% bonus xp maximum if you have a stimpack active, a 5 man group with at least one of them on your friends list and playing team league. AI/QM/and unranked all award equal amounts of xp
    QM/unranked games etc give a bonus 50k exp when you win. AI games do not. That's the difference.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    QM/unranked games etc give a bonus 50k exp when you win. AI games do not. That's the difference.
    Ahhh, I see it's not included as a bonus, it's just implicit. I suppose 50k xp is enough to make it worth it.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.