Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Talking How well are you usually prepared for new expansions?

Assuming in only a few minutes the new content will be available and you wait exactly where the introduction quest for the new expansion pops up.

How does it look like in your bags? Are they empty or full of useful stuff?
    What does your UI look like? Which AddOns are important to you?
    Are there any useful toys or other items in your hotbars (stealthman 54, goblin glider, shard of archstone etc.)?

Doing nothing special, taking my time when expansion hit , being chill . No rush.

Deleted
    Empty bags, few flashs for lvling, some usefull stuff in there

irl I stock up on food that I will annihilate in a few minutes before T-0 anyways

i sub 1 month before launch and get ready, usually thats just selling stuff on AH and getting a stack of flasks.

Usually I just log on and are on with my buisiness, about 3-4 hours after launch. Blizzard does after all never learn, and it is just one massive lagg/DC party in the start anyways.

My bags are always tidy-ish (room for a lot of stuff if need be), and I got my travelers thundra mount to vendor shit on the go.

I usually also disable all addons that haven't been updated, as they can cause major issues with fps if not updated.

And a gold cap or two to just get things started early (getting ahead with crafting professions etc, to earn even more gold caps on people too lazy to level their professions)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the day off at least?

Bags are always full and I still have 2 quests to do from MoP on my warrior and monk on my quest log, lol

I use the base UI only with a couple of combat overlays.

I do have goblin gliders, 30+ flasks, and 2000+ agi pots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus1 View Post
    Assuming in only a few minutes the new content will be available and you wait exactly where the introduction quest for the new expansion pops up.

How does it look like in your bags? Are they empty or full of useful stuff?
    What does your UI look like? Which AddOns are important to you?
    Are there any useful toys or other items in your hotbars (stealthman 54, goblin glider, shard of archstone etc.)?
    A character of mine would be maximum level, have the end game World PvE gear (which for Legion would be about 910-940), have 20.000 gold, and cleared bags except for a few essentials (Teleporters, gliders, health potions just incase). And of course, addons to be updated.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Why would I prepare? It is just a game, I log in and play.

So far only seen enough that makes it seem more like a patch then actual expansion. Might be mindful to pay attention to how much is released at launched compared to previous expansions. The devs might be hoping that the hype will distract players from seeing a decline in content. The first few months are gonna be boring at least until flying is enabled. Haven't preordered it yet, still waiting to see if Gilneas and or any other changes happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really bad about cleaning out my bank (and the guild's bank) of expansion trade materials and selling them before they get totally devalued. I just hate organising the bank, and I hate doing auction house stuff... so I pretty much never end up doing it like I should before an expansion drops.

Otherwise, I'm fine with expansion "prep" - mainly cos I don't really need to do anything else. I'll clean up my quest log of things I didn't finish and make sure I'm not carrying any kind of zone or level restricted items in my bags that will no longer be useful. I don't reset or change my ui and I use up leftover consumables while leveling. I don't plan for leveling paths or anything like that; I usually take my time leveling the first time with reading the quests and exploring.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2018-03-05 at 06:31 PM. Reason: early morning enlighs fail

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I generally have waited a week or so after launch the last few expansions before I even try any of the content. That gives a week for most of the people to jump into the zones, Bliz to fix bugs/server issues and most of the lag to die down. That's about it. Seems much more enjoyable to me that way. Plus I get the rested xp. Don't worry about all the other stuff except screwing around in the prepatch to try out the class changes.
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2018-03-05 at 06:26 PM.

I'm usually caught without my pants on.

Oh wait, I usually don't have pants on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I got the day off at least?

Bags are always full and I still have 2 quests to do from MoP on my warrior and monk on my quest log, lol

I use the base UI only with a couple of combat overlays.

I do have goblin gliders, 30+ flasks, and 2000+ agi pots.
    2000 pots, oh god why?

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Usually I just log on and are on with my buisiness, about 3-4 hours after launch. Blizzard does after all never learn, and it is just one massive lagg/DC party in the start anyways.

My bags are always tidy-ish (room for a lot of stuff if need be), and I got my travelers thundra mount to vendor shit on the go.

I usually also disable all addons that haven't been updated, as they can cause major issues with fps if not updated.

And a gold cap or two to just get things started early (getting ahead with crafting professions etc, to earn even more gold caps on people too lazy to level their professions)
    You weren't here at Legion launch?

Don't need any preparation since all classes have self decent self heals now except for Mages. I will log in an start doing it, and there is no point in farming gold because the auction house is going to be insane when the new expansion comes out.

you forgot the most important, at least 6 Red Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    You weren't here at Legion launch?
    Yeah I was, clicking Khadgar for ages in a hope I would get started. They did improve the whole experience with sharding though, not too much lagg when we got out of Dalaran.
    I haven't seen much, or read much about BfA and how the starting zones are there, but it doesn't sound like there will be several to chose from. So unless they decide to do some heavy sharding the first few days, we will be back to lagg.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    I fill a glass of water and start playing.

I may indulge in some private RP to give proper farewells to past expansion haunts, but otherwise I just follow the tie-in questline without preparation.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

This will be the first expansion where I am trying to incorporate leveling into my stream so not sure yet.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV