Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb It's time to end WoW expansions...

And focus on developing a next generation mmorpg that will absorb the WoW player base.

Do you agree?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    And focus on developing a next generation mmorpg that will absorb the WoW player base.

Do you agree?
    Destiny 2 says Hi.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

technically thats an expansion

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you agree?
    That's been happening for years but it appears that a lot of people are happy enough with more expansions.

I agree. Diablo MMO called Sanctuary (Speculation). Would drop WoW in a heartbeat.

The levels are just getting out of control. 120 levels, jesus. And long leveling now to boot. Time to end it and start with something fresh. I don't care how much time/effort you have with your toon etc. It's a game. Time for a new Blizzard MMO.

Do you agree?
    Yeah, sure, it's def a viable business decision to kill one of your big money makers in favour of something that's unlike to draw enough attention. Blizz tried to create Titan, they abandoned the idea and scrapped what's left for the OW.

MMORPGs in their current form are pretty much dead and the market that's still there is saturated.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Destiny 2 says Hi.
    But Destiny ain't an MMORPG...

Destiny 2 says Hi.
    The only issue is that it's an online coop shooter, just like Warframe, and not an MMO

Deleted
    MMO sequels tend to fail spectacularly and fail to recapture the original audience.

Better off just upgrading the graphic engine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everquest 2, Destiny 2, SWTOR, and Everquest Next all say that sounds like a fucking awful plan. Guild Wars 2 is the exception, not the rule, to MMO sequels finding more success than their predecessors.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely alienating your playerbase and hoping they attach to an entirely new game is not how companies make money in the MMO business. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

7+ Year Old Account
    No. World of Warcraft is fine as it is and doesn't need to end. Still has plenty of story to tell.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

10+ Year Old Account
    What constitutes a next gen MMO, shitty repetitive action combat? Good graphics? WoW is fine as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    I agree. Diablo MMO called Sanctuary (Speculation). Would drop WoW in a heartbeat.

The levels are just getting out of control. 120 levels, jesus. And long leveling now to boot. Time to end it and start with something fresh. I don't care how much time/effort you have with your toon etc. It's a game. Time for a new Blizzard MMO.
    lol i HIGHLY doubt that, diablo is niche, as it should be, wow has mass appeal. In diablo you cant play as orcs, or any number of other fantasy races, and thats a massive draw for these kinds of games. Diablo is a dungeon crawler, it doesnt need to be mmo to be fun, if anything an mmo diablo would probably ruin the game.

Also good luck getting wow 2 to draw in everyone who has invested into wow, the problem with a sequel is legacy content, wow has that in spades

Levels also dont really matter now, if its really a big issue, they could just do a level squish, but the time it takes to level 1-60 isnt the same now as what it was. Sure they could reduce the total XP to keep it in line, but its really not that big a deal, its just a number.

each expansion is basically a sequel to the game, only you get to access all the content from the previous games. also there is very little they could create in a new game that they cant just add to this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you agree?
    wont happen.

Expansion is a sequel that gives you access to all of the content from the previous games, a numbered sequel is the same thing that doesnt.

There is nothing they would gain from that which they wouldnt gain from simply adding new features to wow, unless they had some grand idea for a complete class overhaul

I would totally play a starcraft mmo. Playing as a zerg? yes please.

Do you agree?
    Well they used to be working on a next gen MMO, Project Titan but they decided to cancel it since they believe you dont need to put that amount of times in development to make a popular game...I.e. Overwatch, Hots, and Hearthstone basically made them realize that

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for it, but neither the conservative Activision-Blizzard nor its even more conservative fanbois/gurls are going to ever accept it.

Destiny 2 says Hi.
    Not even close...

Deleted
    http://massivelyop.com/2017/12/06/pe...e-end-of-2017/

says NOPE.

Why would you even suggest something so silly?

No. WoW is fine. I hope it continues for 20 more years.