I planned on making a lab jugg right off the bat for some easy early currency but I think I'm flip flopping to Heirophant DP totems because I want to enjoy the league mechanic and chase the elder on my map again.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094220

So for people who don't suck at the game (I suck), these seem like functional shield throw builds? They seem like it, especially the ele one, but I don't know anywhere near enough build builds and shit to feel confident in that.

I just wanna throw some shields and shit, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094220

So for people who don't suck at the game (I suck), these seem like functional shield throw builds? They seem like it, especially the ele one, but I don't know anywhere near enough build builds and shit to feel confident in that.

I just wanna throw some shields and shit, man.
    Elemental builds are pretty much the only possible thing with shields since weapon passives dont work and a high armor shield can give you a lot of base physical dps.

The physical gems are mostly horrible and getting high crit on it is also meh, you will have a very squishy character.

Elemental conversion works though, Deadeye/Raider/Ascendant a few can work.

Or you could do a tryhard physical crit with Ascendant with Slayer/Ranger start.

I was planning to make a Champion cause immune to stun/cant miss/fortify op, but the damage doesnt seem to be there unless very expensive gear.
    Last edited by potis; 2018-03-02 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Elemental builds are pretty much the only possible thing with shields since weapon passives dont work.

The physical gems are mostly horrible and getting high crit on it is also meh, you will have a very squishy character.

Elemental conversion works though, Deadeye/Raider/Ascendant a few can work.

Or you could do a tryhard physical crit with Ascendant with Slayer/Ranger start.
    Right on, appreciate the feedback. In that case I guess I'll have to keep looking for a decent cheapish/braindead shield throw build for baddies like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Right on, appreciate the feedback. In that case I guess I'll have to keep looking for a decent cheapish/braindead shield throw build for baddies like me.
    Im pretty sure its going to be very easy to get a decent shield that should be able to clear yellow maps with hatred/hoa. To scale into red maps you will probably need some pretty gg jewels. It seems like shields really frontload the damage though

10+ Year Old Account
    Man this Pokemon mechanic is dog shit.

They took like the worst mechanic that was already in the game, Vorici's assassination missions where you have to keep a target at low life, made an entire league like that, but also made it 200 times worse.

The mobs themselves are difficult (the red mobs)... All of them spawn a plethora of adds over and over that are also incredibly strong and tanky... And most of the time you can't attack the adds because you will cleave the rare you are trying to catch down... The low life net mechanic is either bugged or designed in the shittiest way possible because 90% of the time the nets fail (yes, I am using level appropriate nets)... And when the nets fail they heal the guy back up... So you have to meticulously whittle the monster down to low life several times per capture unless incredibly lucky. And you have to do this for HUNDREDS of captures.

RIP if you are totem or summoner, unless you have perfect timing your minions will kill them before you can throw the net, and even if your time is perfect, as I said before, the net will probably fail and they will kill the guy. And slayers? Lol that whole ascendancy is basically made non-viable by this league since they cull at 20% life.

What the hell were they thinking with this? How did anyone internally think this was fun? Especially since everything in this game is designed around clear speed. This league mechanic is exact opposite of that... Its slow, tiresome, clunky, micromanaging.

What they should have done is just let you throw the net right away and just make it give the mob some buff to make it harder, this low life shit is garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Important: How We're Changing Capturing

We have finished reading and discussing the vast amount of feedback from Day One of the Bestiary League. It's very clear that how nets work needs to change. We have worked out a plan that will solve these issues and that can also be implemented in a fast timeframe.

While we will continue to assess over the weekend, we have two proposed changes:

Restoring the Three-second Capture Window with Nets

I initially explained in the pre-release FAQ about Bestiary that nets gave a big time window to hurt monsters before the capture decision was made. We fully intended to have this in for release, but during the final polish pass, we tried to solve various soft exploits involving the three-second stuns by changing how this duration was calculated. The released version today could go as low as 0.2 seconds without us having considered how this ruined the goal of having a long capture window. I take full responsibility for this and we'll roll that change back. This will mean that the promise of being able to throw the net first and DPS second will actually be true. We'll find some other solution to those small stun abuse cases we were worried about.

While this massively helps with how capturing feels, it doesn't singlehandedly solve other feedback about the league. Our second proposed change does, however:

Being able to Capture Dead Beasts

We're going to introduce some new nets that can capture dead Beasts. You'll be able to kill monsters at your normal speed without slowing down, and then you throw this net onto the dead monsters. It'll find the rarest monster there and attach to it. Einhar has already demonstrated his skills at blood magic, so he's very capable of reviving the monster as he adds it to your Menagerie.

After this change is made, players who want to go fast or who deal so much damage that nothing stands a chance will still be able to capture whatever Beasts they want. Players who enjoy the existing capture mechanics can still use the regular series of nets, with the option of switching to the new ones if they feel the need later on.

(Note that we will address builds that destroy corpses, so that they can still use this new mechanic).

We will prioritise these changes for very early in the workweek. Thanks for your patience, and I hope that people who found the launch capture mechanics frustrating will find the new ones a lot better.
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2095688

Bestiary Improvements So Far
    We have spent the day reading feedback about Bestiary and have prioritised a number of changes that have been deployed. We're very happy to see so many people enjoying hunting monsters, and are discussing plans to address points of frustration that come up in the feedback. This post outlines the changes made so far. There will certainly be more over the coming week.

Recipe Notifications

You can now click through the recipe notifications so that they don't block movement.
    While space bar closes the current notification, it now also dismisses the rest of the ones that are queued behind it. You can still see them in the Bestiary book.
    If you never want to see these notifications again, there's now a UI option to suppress them entirely.

Netting Frustrations

We have made it easier to capture Legendary Beasts (they're the ones with two Bestiary mods). Looking at data of which monsters are failing to capture, it's almost always these ones. It should be about twice as easy to capture them now.
    We have added a short message appears in the chat area when you try to capture an enraged monster. This isn't allowed while the enrage is active (so that you can't spam stuns on arbitrary Beasts), but it really wasn't clear before and felt very clunky. The message now makes it clear why it failed. It's the same type of message that you currently get if you try to capture a non-Beast.
    We're still processing and discussing feedback about the capture process, so expect more improvements.

Non-Bestiary Fixes
    We fixed other stuff also! Check out the patch notes for Hotfix 1, Hotfix 2 and Hotfix 3.

Ongoing Bestiary Improvements
    For other changes, they'll likely come during the workweek, as I am encouraging most of the developers to enjoy their Sunday playing the league and having some time off after the last few intense weeks of development.

Thanks for your great feedback and awesome screenshots/stories from the league so far.
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2095519

Honestly even ignoring the league, they added so much shit. Still worth playing

The problem with the league isn't how i works as such, it's how the rest of the game works, especially at higher levels.

To start the only problem is getting enough nets, the capture mechanics are fine at lower levels.
    When your build starts getting more powerful then the clunkiness rears it's head and makes it un fun and frustrating.

They have tried to artificially reduce the speed of the game by adding the capture mechanics, when they should have just reduced the speed of the game.

How is the focus on catching and colleting pets in endgame so far? I havent started yet.. and dont get me wrong the theme seems cool but it feels abit odd catching pet in a fast paced arpg.. especially in endgame where its about killing stuff very fast

Also as a side question im looking for a Cool scion range build.. maybe ice shot or tornado shot... any great guide out there?
    Last edited by Schalde; 2018-03-04 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    How is the focus on catching and colleting pets in endgame so far? I havent started yet.. and dont get me wrong the theme seems cool but it feels abit odd catching pet in a fast paced arpg.. especially in endgame where its about killing stuff very fast

Also as a side question im looking for a Cool scion range build.. maybe ice shot or tornado shot... any great guide out there?
    As far as I know people are just ignoring it and I can't blame them.

It disrupts the flow to capture one, then you have to to the Menagerie, then kill it again to get a rare item.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    So rolling a JUgg Marauder at the moment.

Anyways, 1h Maces and Shield are going to be my weapons. What is the best skills for these? I seem to like Heavy strike, but Molten strike seems to add some AOE. Need advice since almost every Jugg build is 2h and I want to be a big tanking fortress of doom. Maces, Stuns and physical damage are the theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I'm generally of the opinion that you can't go wrong with Static Strike. But that's a me thing.

Heavy Strike is a solid ability, although, IMO it REALLY needs Melee Splash to not suck.

Cleave is always good, with the added benefit that you get a great gem for it while leveling, however that WOULD mean swapping to a Sword/Axe.

The new ability, Tectonic Strike, seems like a lot of fun, and it's endurance charge consumption mechanic works well with Jugg.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    The new ability, Tectonic Strike, seems like a lot of fun, and it's endurance charge consumption mechanic works well with Jugg.
    Not really.

You consume your charges constantly and as a result you can't sustain as well.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

If they were going to add a pokemon mechanic, they should have added a false swipe support gem. My gc totems are annihilating everything that moves this league, dropping even a single totem on a red beast and it's dead before my net hits the target. Neat concept, bad implementation. Don't see this league lasting long.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    If they were going to add a pokemon mechanic, they should have added a false swipe support gem. My gc totems are annihilating everything that moves this league, dropping even a single totem on a red beast and it's dead before my net hits the target. Neat concept, bad implementation. Don't see this league lasting long.
    Throw the net first, you then have three seconds to destroy the beast and capture it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Not really.

You consume your charges constantly and as a result you can't sustain as well.
    I'm pretty sure that gem is the reason The Red Dream/Nightmare prices are steadily climbing. I bought mine about 5 months ago for 4ex, now they're 10+ (On Standard). I should bite the bullet and buy a few more before the prices get even sillier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    They either have already or are adding nets you can throw at corpses. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post

You could try glacial hammer, there is a build guide and it is actually fairly cheep to get up and going and after the ascendancy revamp the character is stronger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcIY0zT0CJY

So Spectral Shield turned out to be pretty cool, and the game gifted me with a Tabula Rasa at level 22.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    So I need multistrike and a few auras. But I can't find these gems anywhere. Are they for higher levels?

Right now rolling Heavy Strike, Leap (how can I make this faster?), Shield charge and Stone Golem