10+ Year Old Account

realistic driving game PC

are there any PC games with realistic driving model ? i mean something like gran turismo

most fun i had was with gta 4 some years ago, unfortunately gta 5 made it worse and is more arcade'y like need for speed, everything is sliding (even collision system is worse than gta 4)
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Assetto Corsa, iRacing, Project Cars 2, Rfactor 2, Automobilista, Dirt Rally, Richard Burns Rally. The only Gran Turismo type game on PC though would be Forza, it doesn't have super realistic physics but it's close enough to Gran Turismo.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-03-05 at 11:03 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Here's a review for Forza 7 from a sim-racing channel.

Personally though I'm massive on Assetto Corsa, put like 400 hours into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow i was convinced forza was xbox exclusive. its actually available for pc too, nice

Assetto Corsa is really good.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    wow i was convinced forza was xbox exclusive. its actually available for pc too, nice
    Yeah they started bringing Xbox exclusives to PC with Windows 10, you do need Windows 10 though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Yeah they started bringing Xbox exclusives to PC with Windows 10, you do need Windows 10 though.
    thats not a problem at all as i have it

alright so, i thought of forza right after gran turismo. now that i know its available for PC im most definately gonna get it.
    what can people tell me about this game ? how does it stand compared to GT and other games u mentioned ? i assume forza 3 (2016) is the newest ?

Deleted
    Forza 7 is the newest. The Forza Horizon series - that's the Forza 3 Horizon from 2016 - is lots of fun, but absolutely no sim. I wouldn't call the driving model of Forza 6 or 7 a simulation either, espcially the traction on a wet surface, but it comes much closer.

You can find a really convincing physics model in Assetto Corsa, iRacing, Rfactor 2; @Bigbazz already mentioned all of them. That means on the other hand these three more or less require a wheel to control the cars meaningfully, while Project Cars and Forza are fine with an Xbox controller.

thats not a problem at all as i have it

alright so, i thought of forza right after gran turismo. now that i know its available for PC im most definately gonna get it.
    what can people tell me about this game ? how does it stand compared to GT and other games u mentioned ? i assume forza 3 (2016) is the newest ?
    There is Forza Horizon 3 (open world driving game) and Forza 7 (racing game like Gran Turismo). I haven't played Forza Horizon and only the Demo for Forza 7, I thought Forza 7 was decent for a console game with a lot of content, and it looked great while running flawlessly (it's very well optimised). However for full on realism Forza doesn't really compete with the games like Assetto Corsa, Rfactor 2, iRacing etc as those are more serious driving simulators.

The trade off is that those games are not really games in the same sense that Forza is, iRacing is super expensive (sub + paid DLC) and focussed around pure online racing, you will literally find real life racing drivers of high calibur playing this game and people who are doing it professionally. Assetto Corsa is more of a standard game by comparison but the driving physics are again very realistic, there is more focus on the driving experience and the accuracy of the cars/tracks for online racing than anything else.

So yeah if you're not into the hardcore stuff then Forza 7 and Forza Horizon 3 will suit you well, more realistic kinda driving physics but a more casual game with lots of content.

games with realistic driving model ? i mean something like gran turismo
    fucking what?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english