Poll: Had Legion more farming than Vanilla?

Had Legion more farming than Vanilla?

Grinding artifact, world quests, reputation etc etc. Yes or No?
    Last edited by meheez; 2018-03-04 at 06:51 PM.

Yes. Vanilla had less endgame grinding but its endgame grinding was also LESS VARIED, which I think is the big difference. I remember grinding for raid mats, a grind existing for resist gear for certain bosses, the gold grind to get a mount back when 1k was a big deal, unlocking access to certain raids, etc. But there was still less overall grind before getting to the meat of the content.

In Classic you grind in order to play.
    In Legion, the grind was in the content you'd be doing anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say so, from my own experience. Classic you were expected to grind to have the hand in the game, Legion you can grind to have a better chance.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    In Classic you grind in order to play.
    In Legion, the grind was in the content you'd be doing anyway.
    Pretty much this.

Players no longer have to worry about +hit/exp, resist etc gear to even enter a raid, nor do you have to spend countless hours grinding dungeons over and over for particular bits of gear.

That being said, I can't wait for classic. I know I won't have anywhere near as much time to play as I once did, but it will be fun regardless.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    The biggest differnce between Legion and Vanilla is that in Vanilla you knew you were grinding. There was no attempts made to obfuscate it.

In Legion Blizzard tries to pretend that the grinds are there for our benefit, to make the game better. It's such a giant steaming pile of stinking dog crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noooo... LEgion did have a lot of grinding though, but it has variety to it. Vanilla was just a slog, which wasnt bad at the time as MMO's were kind of fresh, but if they instituted WoW vanilla grinds for the next expansion there would be uproar. :P

I remember grinding the old Wildhamer rep, Timbermaw Rep, The old Frostsaber rep, Argent Dawn rep, The Gelkas Centaur rep (which only got too a certain point I don't think it was possible to get exalted, my mage still has the bar stuck in honoured.

At the time I think out of them all the Thorium Brotherhood was the most fun to grind at the time because it also had variety to its grinding.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-03-06 at 01:10 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    In Vanilla, you grind and you know what results you'd get most of the time. Of course bosses had drop table RNG, but if you got the 1 item, it was just that 1 version.

With Legion it's RNG after RNG after "Bad Luck Protection" / titanforged etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Not by a long shot. In Vanilla, you had to do reps for recipes (including Timbermaw Hold, one of the most infamously-grindy reps in the game), farm materials for flasks, enchants, and resist gear, farm individual resist pieces, both of which often involved farming high-level dungeons for specific drops and mining nodes (and in the case of Dark Iron gear, for the only forge in the game you could smelt and work the material at), farm Scourge for Scourgestones to turn in for Naxxramas rep, and farm an unholy amount of materials for the AQ event, never mind if your guild was pushing for a Thunderfury, Sulfuras, or Ateish. That doesn't get into the process of getting dungeon keys made for endgame dungeons, running midlevel dungeons like Maraudon for a nature resist tank trinket ad infinitum due to the abysmal drop rates, or just the sheer grinding required for some leveling quests like the infamous Barrens quest that saw you depopulating the local wildlife to find none of the raptors had heads.

Compared to Vanilla, Legion's grinding is a joke.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Legion doesn't have as much grinding as Vanilla. Not even close.

What it does have is several equally frustrating grinds because of RNG. A key example being the legendary system.

Anyone that votes "Yes" here clearly has not actually played in an active raiding guild in Vanilla.

The default consumables (flasks, potions, whipper root tubbers, etc) alone took more farming then anything Legion asks of you, nevermind the reputations, special gear (resist), unlocks, or whatever else one required.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2018-03-06 at 01:55 PM.