Page 1 of 40
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Violence breaks out as self-proclaimed antifascists shut down 'alt-right' speech

A group of people calling themselves London Antifa stormed a right-wing talk at a London university last night, with the intention of shutting it down.

Hundreds of people turned up to attend the talk, which was was put on by the Libertarian Society at Kings College London.

Masked activists grabbed microphones in an attempt to end the speech, which was by speaker Carl Benjamin, who goes by the name of 'Sargon of Akkad' online.

Organisers were forced to evacuate the lecture hall and call the police after violence erupted, and windows were allegedly smashed.

Threatening notes left at the scene were allegedly put there by protesters. One reads: "The guy moderating the talk is on my course and he'll have a difficult time once the strike is over."

Videos posted online show a scuffle between people in masks and the attendees of the event.

Some more antifa "heroism" and doses of typical antifa "if you can't debate them, assault them"

Antifa is nothing but morons. Sargon of Akkad is nothing but an asshat. Let them both yell at each other, but nobody should use violence.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought Sargon was a centrist/Libertarian, even if he is tossing some flak on 3d wave feminism he is far from Alt-Right.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was the speech about I wonder?

Last edited by Orby; 2018-03-06 at 12:49 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    I thought Sargon was a centrist/Libertarian, even if he is tossing some flak on 3d wave feminism he is far from Alt-Right.
    Everyone who disagrees with antifa commies is a nazi

Why is it so hard to get that antifa is not a coherent group...it does not exist. Sometimes people interrupt right wing crazies and they get called antifa, sometimes they call themselves that. There is however no mission statement, no directors, no leadership and no organization.

I could go do a daycare tomorriw and beat up children wearing an antifa t shirt and noone from antifa would complain as there is noone from antifa.

Here is a famous antifa icon in Sweden btw, I love this lady.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Woma...th_Her_Handbag

Deleted
    Antifa is known to be an extremely violent group.

They are anti-facist - which i something we can all get behind - yet they are even worse themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Good ol' fash and fash sympathizer bashing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Antifa is known to be an extremely violent group.

They are anti-facist - which i something we can all get behind - yet they are even worse themselves.
    I too remember when they gassed 6 million fascists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You arent making any sense.

This should be linked into those threads about bans of right-leaning stuff where people were acting like banning extreme right-wing stuff and not extreme left-wing stuff is fine, because unlike right-wing, extreme left-wing stuff is civil and non-violent.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Good ol' fash and fash sympathizer bashing.

- - - Updated - - -

You must not remember Mao Tze Dung and his "Great Leap Forward".
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...s-2081630.html
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Why is it so hard to get that antifa is not a coherent group...it does not exist. Sometimes people interrupt right wing crazies and they get called antifa, sometimes they call themselves that. There is however no mission statement, no directors, no leadership and no organization.

I could go do a daycare tomorriw and beat up children wearing an antifa t shirt and noone from antifa would complain as there is noone from antifa.

The article says the group calls themselves London Antifa, so that is one coherent unit.

Also, Sargon of Akkad? Granted I'm not that familiar with him, but when did he support the implementation of a ethno white nationalist authoritarian/fascist state?

If they were really true to their cause then they wouldn't wear masks.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Probably propaganda. Everyone knows ANTIFA doesn't exist and that we are all "anti-fascists" - and those that do not consider themselves as part of the non-existent ANTIFA are just Nazi Sympathizers anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post

they literally called themselves "london antifa."
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Probably propaganda. Everyone knows ANTIFA doesn't exist and that we are all "anti-fascists" - and those that do not consider themselves as part of the non-existent ANTIFA are just Nazi Sympathizers anyways.
    Antifa groups actually exist and no you can be against facism and not be member of a anti democratic violent thug antifa group. There is 100 groups in germany alone. Some may be more tame but most are just hooligans who love to beat up people with different opinions (not actual nazis in 99% of cases sadly) their main enemy seems to be police in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Antifa groups actually exist and no you can be against facism and not be member of a anti democratic violent thug antifa group.
    Not according to the wisest communists in MMOC. In fact.. your speech sounds very Nazi-sympathizing..

Deleted
    according to endus antifa dont exist

So much tolerance from the left as usual

For fucks sake, Sargon is not right wing, why people keep reporting as he is?

Is right wing the new "racist, homophobic, Islamophobic, etc"?

EDIT:
    BTW, Sargon video on the instance, if you are interested in knowing his side:
    Last edited by Knolan; 2018-03-07 at 10:26 AM.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    For fucks sake, Sargon is not right wing, why people keep reporting as he is?

Is right wing the new "racist, homophobic, Islamophobic, etc"?
    I don't know his political affiliations, but I imagine it is because it suits his accusers agendas or biases?